HOLIDAY WARS GAME THREAD

Forum for NHR "Wars" Games
tfrizz
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Re: HOLIDAY WARS GAME THREAD

Post by tfrizz »

JoseCuervo wrote:looking back at the list, sdm, jarko, and cupkeeper have both been incredibly quiet so far. Sdm is usually quiet, but is cupkeeper? I only played one game with him.
cup keeper was pretty quiet in NHL Wars.
Jarkko is a rookie.
count2infinity
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by count2infinity »

count2infinity wrote:has cupkeeper even voted yet? because last game he'd come in with a random vote here and there and not really participate too too much in discussion.
he was a good guy too, btw...
npv708
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by npv708 »

I definitely think Troy has been suspicious and that's who I'm going with. He seems too defensive for a few number of votes. So that's who I'm going with for now.

unwrap Troy
beerman
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by beerman »

JoseCuervo wrote:looking back at the list, sdm, jarko, and cupkeeper have both been incredibly quiet so far. Sdm is usually quiet, but is cupkeeper? I only played one game with him.
I think sdm and cupkeeper are always quiet, jarko's new so we can't really base anything on that.
count2infinity
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by count2infinity »

beerman, i'm no longer all that suspicious of you...
tfrizz
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by tfrizz »

Juice wrote:
IrishEyes wrote:Regarding PFIDC; I realize that people think he's been a selfish player in the past, it's not something I remember all that well, but I really don't believe he's petty enough to off jaysmiter because of the argument they had. Doesn't mean I have any idea whether he's a good guy or a bad guy, I just don't see the jaysmiter killing as indicative of PFIDC's role (or non-role) in the game.
I'm NOT a selfish player, and I still offed redwill because of an argument in a previous game. Just sayin'.
I thought it was a bit strange at the time, since IE didn't even mention Juice... and really makes me wonder about PFiDC now.

Probably won't get anyone to follow, but I'm going to unwrap PensFanInDC anyway :?
JoseCuervo
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by JoseCuervo »

right now my list is:
1. beerman- been surprisingly quiet
2. mac- angel/doctor remark
3. slappy- mac vote after he left

I need to go study some more for my final, so I'm going to go with unwrap mac right now. But make sure he has been heard out.
count2infinity
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by count2infinity »

what did mac say about the angel doctor thing? i can't seem to find it...
count2infinity
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by count2infinity »

mac5155 wrote:and we can assume the goons know the angel/doctor/person-able-to-protect-themselves.
is this what everyone is up in arms about over mac?
tfrizz
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by tfrizz »

count2infinity wrote:what did mac say about the angel doctor thing? i can't seem to find it...
It's near the bottom of Page 26.
mac5155 wrote:and we can assume the goons know the angel/doctor/person-able-to-protect-themselves.
beerman
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by beerman »

count2infinity wrote:
Yeah, it really doesn't mean much to me though. It's something the bad guys would already know/think and he didn't make the case for them to come out either.
JoseCuervo
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by JoseCuervo »

count2infinity wrote:
apparently goons/bad listers have been calling out the angel's status lately. So I'm guessing mac is trying to get the angel to come out.
count2infinity
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by count2infinity »

JoseCuervo wrote:
count2infinity wrote:
apparently goons/bad listers have been calling out the angel's status lately. So I'm guessing mac is trying to get the angel to come out.
why would the angel come out? that doesn't make much sense to me... apparently the angel saved the right person last night, right?
JoseCuervo
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by JoseCuervo »

count2infinity wrote:
JoseCuervo wrote:
why would the angel come out? that doesn't make much sense to me... apparently the angel saved the right person last night, right?
Assuming that they protected themselves. Which is a good assumption this early.
Malkamaniac
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Malkamaniac »

I thought that it would make mention if someone was protected? it seems like we go over this every game.
beerman
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by beerman »

Malkamaniac wrote:I thought that it would make mention if someone was protected? it seems like we go over this every game.
someone had to be protected unless juice decided to kill himself

either that or they have the ability to recruit, which could be another possibility that we haven't brought up
JoseCuervo
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by JoseCuervo »

Malkamaniac wrote:I thought that it would make mention if someone was protected? it seems like we go over this every game.
Never. Just says nothing happened. Assuming a serial killer kill, then that is what happened.
Malkamaniac
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Malkamaniac »

beerman wrote:

either that or they have the ability to recruit, which could be another possibility that we haven't brought up

Yea, but I thought it would be mentioned either way if something happened? I can't remember how Shaf got recruited and what it said last game. I thought only the "vampire" could be recruited
JoseCuervo
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by JoseCuervo »

beerman wrote:

:face: I brought it up already. Which is why the angel needs to stay hidden. We don't know anything right now.

anyways, I need to go not fail. good luck with the unwrapping.
tfrizz
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by tfrizz »

JoseCuervo wrote:
count2infinity wrote:
I think I see where he was heading...

Since the only kill was the mafia godfather, then it's reasonable to assume that he was killed by an independent serial killer - unless there is a 3rd villager with those powers? Which means there was still an attempted killing by the mafia, which was unsuccessful. So whoever the mafia targeted was protected, and is a sitting duck.
beerman
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by beerman »

JoseCuervo wrote:
beerman wrote:

:face: I brought it up already. Which is why the angel needs to stay hidden. We don't know anything right now.

anyways, I need to go not fail. good luck with the unwrapping.
sorry I didn't see it :oops: , I've been really busy at work and only have a few minutes here and there so between trying to always play catch up I didn't see it.

The angel definitely needs to stay hidden, there's no reason whatsoever for them to come out right now.
tfrizz
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by tfrizz »

JoseCuervo wrote:
count2infinity wrote:
JoseCuervo wrote:
Assuming that they protected themselves. Which is a good assumption this early.
Actually, it's a bad assumption. If the rules followed last game, then the angel can't protect the same person two nights in a row. Chances are, they'd protect themself on nights 1 & 3. Since last night was night 4, they just happened to pick the right person.
beerman
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by beerman »

I really don't think we should be outing all the plausible scenario's for what the angel did/didn't do last night. Let the bad guys figure that out on their own.
slappybrown
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by slappybrown »

Malkamaniac wrote:
beerman wrote:

Yea, but I thought it would be mentioned either way if something happened? I can't remember how Shaf got recruited and what it said last game. I thought only the "vampire" could be recruited
There was a reference to his being recruited last game.

And the pre-Pavel games often had straight recruitmnt powers.
count2infinity
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by count2infinity »

assuming the angel did save themselves, should they come out and say who they are? i guess only the angel knows who they saved, but wouldn't it be beneficial if the first part of this post is accurate?