HOLIDAY WARS GAME THREAD

Forum for NHR "Wars" Games
tfrizz
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Re: HOLIDAY WARS GAME THREAD

Post by tfrizz »

Juice wrote:
IrishEyes wrote:Regarding PFIDC; I realize that people think he's been a selfish player in the past, it's not something I remember all that well, but I really don't believe he's petty enough to off jaysmiter because of the argument they had. Doesn't mean I have any idea whether he's a good guy or a bad guy, I just don't see the jaysmiter killing as indicative of PFIDC's role (or non-role) in the game.
I'm NOT a selfish player, and I still offed redwill because of an argument in a previous game. Just sayin'.

Juice = PFiDC???
mac5155
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by mac5155 »

going to take my first final! ahh.. how about reaching a majority when i come back :pop: to put me in a better mood!
the wicked child
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by the wicked child »

tfrizz wrote:Juice = PFiDC???
LOLZ. I think Juice was just saying that he killed someone for revenge and is not himself a selfish player... theya re two separate people. :)
the wicked child
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

the wicked child wrote:
tfrizz wrote:Juice = PFiDC???
LOLZ. I think Juice was just saying that he killed someone for revenge and is not himself a selfish player... theya re two separate people. :)
Should have added "in a previous game" to that.
the wicked child
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

I mentioned it yesterday, but I'll mention it again... I will be leaving for work shortly. I have 2 meetings today, so my participation during work hours may be limited to checking in on my phone during lunch.
Troy Loney
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Troy Loney »

newarenanow wrote:
npv708 wrote:ftr, two other quiet players:

Sdm and redwill.
I was just going to list those two, Troy has been unusually quiet and thg.

Nan came out with this at friday 3:00 pm board time....the first writeup was at 10:00 am friday board time....i came out and said i was busy and not really playing yet....nan gets killed in the writeup last night and two people come out and vote for me cause of this....I was around last night and responded to the votes, LITT questioned me a little bit, then i went back and found a post by him throwing out my name and pfidc...two players who had connections with the dead people....that seemed to me like an attempt to get the village to keep talking about those connections, and trying to keep our names out there....and in retrospect that seems like an obvious play for the goons...killing nan is smart because he is good at getting the village to trust him, plus he's the vig, and he's thrown some names out that the village will have to question....
JoseCuervo
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by JoseCuervo »

Troy Loney wrote:
newarenanow wrote:
npv708 wrote:ftr, two other quiet players:

Sdm and redwill.
I was just going to list those two, Troy has been unusually quiet and thg.

Nan came out with this at friday 3:00 pm board time....the first writeup was at 10:00 am friday board time....i came out and said i was busy and not really playing yet....nan gets killed in the writeup last night and two people come out and vote for me cause of this....I was around last night and responded to the votes, LITT questioned me a little bit, then i went back and found a post by him throwing out my name and pfidc...two players who had connections with the dead people....that seemed to me like an attempt to get the village to keep talking about those connections, and trying to keep our names out there....and in retrospect that seems like an obvious play for the goons...killing nan is smart because he is good at getting the village to trust him, plus he's the vig, and he's thrown some names out that the village will have to question....
use periods
count2infinity
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by count2infinity »

i'm sticking with my first instinct in this game... my first instinct last game was malks and we almost voted him off early in the game, then he came back and destroyed the village with a very good play late in the game. now my first instinct is beerman and i'm not going to back down from that one...
thehockeyguru
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by thehockeyguru »

count2infinity wrote:i'm sticking with my first instinct in this game... my first instinct last game was malks and we almost voted him off early in the game, then he came back and destroyed the village with a very good play late in the game. now my first instinct is beerman and i'm not going to back down from that one...
Whats your evidence on Beerman?
Troy Loney
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Troy Loney »

JoseCuervo wrote:
Troy Loney wrote:

use periods
I use them as a pause.
JoseCuervo
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by JoseCuervo »

IrishEyes wrote: Regarding PFIDC; I realize that people think he's been a selfish player in the past, it's not something I remember all that well, but I really don't believe he's petty enough to off jaysmiter because of the argument they had. Doesn't mean I have any idea whether he's a good guy or a bad guy, I just don't see the jaysmiter killing as indicative of PFIDC's role (or non-role) in the game.
I really think there is nothing behind the PFiDC/ jaysmiter killing. All that happened was that someone died. People question other people all the time then die, but we don't go after who they've questioned.
count2infinity
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by count2infinity »

thehockeyguru wrote:
count2infinity wrote:i'm sticking with my first instinct in this game... my first instinct last game was malks and we almost voted him off early in the game, then he came back and destroyed the village with a very good play late in the game. now my first instinct is beerman and i'm not going to back down from that one...
he has said nothing of significance other than :scared:

he made the comment "i guess you don't mess with jesus" which leads me to believe he's trying to make the village think pfidc had something to do with jay's death

finally, i brought up his name and magically he decided to join in the conversation, albeit only to say that he needs to read what's been going on.
thehockeyguru
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by thehockeyguru »

count2infinity wrote:
thehockeyguru wrote:
he has said nothing of significance other than :scared:

he made the comment "i guess you don't mess with jesus" which leads me to believe he's trying to make the village think pfidc had something to do with jay's death

finally, i brought up his name and magically he decided to join in the conversation, albeit only to say that he needs to read what's been going on.

I can get onboard with that if we dont have enough votes for LITT.
thehockeyguru
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by thehockeyguru »

The problem at this moment is too many people have votes on me. I run my mouth, then I get voted. Now I try and keep quiet a bit and I get votes. Seems like a lose lose to me.
Juice
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Juice »

thehockeyguru wrote:The problem at this moment is too many people have votes on me. I run my mouth, then I get voted. Now I try and keep quiet a bit and I get votes. Seems like a lose lose to me.
Welcome. :lol:
slappybrown
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by slappybrown »

thehockeyguru wrote:The problem at this moment is too many people have votes on me. I run my mouth, then I get voted. Now I try and keep quiet a bit and I get votes. Seems like a lose lose to me.
It will pass the as the memory of your fail last game fades from the collective conscience. Shaf was MVP last game after a similar experience.
Kicksave
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Kicksave »

thehockeyguru - 6 (JoseCuervo, the wicked child, mac5155, bhaw, cupkeeper, tfrizz, Malkamaniac)
Letang is the Truth - 3 (Troy Loney, thehockeyguru, dagny, IrishEyes)
beerman - 1 (count2infinity)
Malkamaniac
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Malkamaniac »

It will clear up the third game. I had to learn the hard way too.
thehockeyguru
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by thehockeyguru »

If someone had any substance on me that would be one thing, and I would address it. To me Beerman and LITT are far more questionable at this point.
thehockeyguru
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by thehockeyguru »

Jose seems to be going after me for no apparent reason. Last time that happened redwill and crayz turned out to be good guys.
Juice
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Juice »

Kicksave wrote:thehockeyguru - 6 (JoseCuervo, the wicked child, mac5155, bhaw, cupkeeper, tfrizz, Malkamaniac)
Letang is the Truth - 3 (Troy Loney, thehockeyguru, dagny, IrishEyes)
beerman - 1 (count2infinity)
THG - 7 & LITT -4??
thehockeyguru
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by thehockeyguru »

Yeah I have 7.
Corvidae
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by Corvidae »

JoseCuervo wrote:
Troy Loney wrote:Nan came out with this at friday 3:00 pm board time....the first writeup was at 10:00 am friday board time....i came out and said i was busy and not really playing yet....nan gets killed in the writeup last night and two people come out and vote for me cause of this....I was around last night and responded to the votes, LITT questioned me a little bit, then i went back and found a post by him throwing out my name and pfidc...two players who had connections with the dead people....that seemed to me like an attempt to get the village to keep talking about those connections, and trying to keep our names out there....and in retrospect that seems like an obvious play for the goons...killing nan is smart because he is good at getting the village to trust him, plus he's the vig, and he's thrown some names out that the village will have to question....
use periods
Excessive ellipsis makes me angry. You're now on my short list of people getting the stink eye via the interweb.

As for the business of voting, I have no real reason to vote for THG or LITT, but I don't have any real evidence to present on someone else to actually expect to sway the votes. After writing that I checked the thread and noticed a beerman vote. I'm going to get in on that because of the "evidence" listed by count2infinity and myself, jokingly a few pages early. It's very slight but like I said, I have nothing on the other two. Also, I haven't played a game with count2infinity yet, and I'm hoping by siding with him he'll be my friend and we can go to the movies and stuff.

unwrap beerman
Corvidae
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by Corvidae »

Pfft. Try being NAN for a day.
JoseCuervo
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by JoseCuervo »

Corvidae wrote:

Pfft. Try being NAN for a day.
dead? lulz :pop: