Post by Azkar »

2 for troy
Letang Is The Truth
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Re: HOLIDAY WARS GAME THREAD

Post by Letang Is The Truth »

well that is not ideal.

i think a troy vote could be good as would a pfidc. and i think that getting a vet here would be good because they seem to be going after all the experienced players.
count2infinity
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by count2infinity »

on second thought... if we get rid of another vet that is on our side, then we're at a disadvantage. don't mind me, i'm just taking whatever pops into my head and putting it on here... jambalaya...
dagny
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by dagny »

Remember, we don't have to rush this. It is still the weekend. I'm leaving for work soon. I don't want to cast a vote just to make sure I get in the vote, in case it finishes before I get home from work.

I would like to see if any of the nominees have anything to say.

At this point, I am willing to go along with a slappy or PFIDC vote.
tfrizz
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by tfrizz »

count2infinity wrote:on second thought... if we get rid of another vet that is on our side, then we're at a disadvantage. don't mind me, i'm just taking whatever pops into my head and putting it on here... jambalaya...
Yeah, that thought crossed my mind too. As did the possibility that NAN was killed off to make Troy and/or dags look a little fishy... but we still don't have a lot to go off right now. Troy was fairly vocal in NHL Wars, but has been almost non-existent in this one.
sdm5055
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by sdm5055 »

dagny wrote:I'm going to vote to unwrap slappybrown or PFIDC.

Without much to go on, here is my reasoning.

I believe PFIDC has a role where he can kill. I held off drawing attention to it, in case he was our vig. Now that our vig has been killed, I believe PFIDC to be a bad guy or independent. Unless he was framed.

slappy, cuz he's the RP who held up the game on the weekend last time, even though he was online. Also, he and cup keeper voted to kill wally earlier in the game.

I have to go to work soon. I'll see what you guys have to say, and cast a vote for one of these two, barring new evidence, before I leave.
what's the reasoning behind PFIDC. I could get behind that but what did he say or why do you think he was "framed"?
dagny
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by dagny »

sdm5055 wrote:

I believe PFIDC has a role where he can kill. I held off drawing attention to it, in case he was our vig. Now that our vig has been killed, I believe PFIDC to be a bad guy or independent. Unless he was framed.

slappy, cuz he's the RP who held up the game on the weekend last time, even though he was online. Also, he and cup keeper voted to kill wally earlier in the game.

I have to go to work soon. I'll see what you guys have to say, and cast a vote for one of these two, barring new evidence, before I leave.
what's the reasoning behind PFIDC. I could get behind that but what did he say or why do you think he was "framed"?
the jaysmiter shooting
dagny
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by dagny »

i'm in a hurry, so i just entered the above post.

jay got shot right after he got into it with Jesus Christ. I noticed, but didn't say anything in case he was our vig. He is not, so now I am suspicious.
count2infinity
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by count2infinity »

jay and pfidc have a beef or something?
npv708
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by npv708 »

count2infinity wrote:jay and pfidc have a beef or something?
If i remember correctly without looking, I believe jay made a joke about Jesus or Christianity or something, and PFIDC responded unpleasantly.
sdm5055
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by sdm5055 »

dagny wrote:i'm in a hurry, so i just entered the above post.

jay got shot right after he got into it with Jesus Christ. I noticed, but didn't say anything in case he was our vig. He is not, so now I am suspicious.

I took they Jay killing as a mod kill.. right before that he was saying that he wanted to switch out of the game with someone who missed out because he thought he would say something to get him booted
the wicked child
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by the wicked child »

sdm5055 wrote:I took they Jay killing as a mod kill.. right before that he was saying that he wanted to switch out of the game with someone who missed out because he thought he would say something to get him booted
Nah, IMO they would have swapped him out with jwienand rather than outright kill him. I believe hew as killed by another player in the game... whether that was NAN or not is up for discussion.
Malkamaniac
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Malkamaniac »

In the grand scheme of things this is exactly what the mafia wants. People jumped on board with the obvious vote, by calling out the people that were mentioned. Obviously they want you to go that way. I'm not comfortable voting for Tory or SDM, as they were mentioned. Plus, this was pretty much the exact strategy we used last game.
dagny
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by dagny »

I'm leaving to get ready for work now. I hope we haven't reached a final decision before I get home. I'll only be gone a few hours!
MWB
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by MWB »

What makes you think PFIDC has a killing role?
Letang Is The Truth
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

MWB wrote:

What makes you think PFIDC has a killing role?
cuz jays was killed and he and pfidc had a spat with the christianity bit
Kicksave
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Kicksave »

Disclaimer: If there was a mod-suicide, I would have said so.
tfrizz
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by tfrizz »

Malkamaniac wrote:In the grand scheme of things this is exactly what the mafia wants. People jumped on board with the obvious vote, by calling out the people that were mentioned. Obviously they want you to go that way. I'm not comfortable voting for Tory or SDM, as they were mentioned. Plus, this was pretty much the exact strategy we used last game.
Like I said, I thought of all that. The biggest factor for me is the difference in Troy's play. He was quite vocal last game, but has hardly posted at all this one... but he's been around.
count2infinity
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by count2infinity »

Malkamaniac wrote:In the grand scheme of things this is exactly what the mafia wants. People jumped on board with the obvious vote, by calling out the people that were mentioned. Obviously they want you to go that way. I'm not comfortable voting for Tory or SDM, as they were mentioned. Plus, this was pretty much the exact strategy we used last game.
what's this we stuff? you were mafia last game... :lol:
the wicked child
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

fwiw, I am wary of Troy playing differently as well. That said, it doesn't mean he is guilty... Senka did the same last game and was normal. It's more than we really have to go on otherwise though so I can get behind that vote if we decide to go that way.

It's a toss up in my mind whether pfidc killed jaysmiter. On one hand, it is obvious because he got into the religious spat with him. On the other hand, you have to ask yourself if he would go after jay that soon after the fight.

All things considered, I believe it is possible that pfidc would do it, because he has shown selfishness in the past.

So, I am willing to go with one of these 2 options.

Also, so people are aware, I have 2 decent length meetings to attend tomorrow, so my participation during work hours is likely limited to lunch.
Letang Is The Truth
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

the more i think about it the more i think killing pfidc right now might be a bad idea. if he killed jays that would be too obvious. pfidc is smarter than that... isnt he?
Malkamaniac
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Malkamaniac »

count2infinity wrote:
what's this we stuff? you were mafia last game... :lol:

Exactly, we did this same tactic and had you guys fooled for the most part. It looks to be the same, and we can work with it. The biggest thing, is not following blindly for people that were called out prior. It's just a set up scheme and it works handedly for the most part.
count2infinity
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by count2infinity »

we can do a no lynch (or wrap) can't we? i realize it's not taking a shot at anyone so we can't eliminate a bad lister, but it'd be better than eliminating another good lister until we get more info wouldn't it?
Malkamaniac
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Malkamaniac »

count2infinity wrote:we can do a no lynch (or wrap) can't we? i realize it's not taking a shot at anyone so we can't eliminate a bad lister, but it'd be better than eliminating another good lister until we get more info wouldn't it?
Majority rules, so technically the Mafia could blindly vote for someone and get a kill.
the wicked child
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

count2infinity wrote:we can do a no lynch (or wrap) can't we? i realize it's not taking a shot at anyone so we can't eliminate a bad lister, but it'd be better than eliminating another good lister until we get more info wouldn't it?
I am personally against a no-wrap, even if the victim would be myself.

To me, the reasoning is simple. You need to "thin the herd" a bit to improve chances of getting a bad guy, as well as establishing voting records and discussion. Without voting records and discussion, there is nothing to look back on later when you are trying to weed out the remaining bad guys.

hence a no-wrap is simply not a good decision in my mind.