HOLIDAY WARS GAME THREAD

Forum for NHR "Wars" Games
Corvidae
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Re: HOLIDAY WARS GAME THREAD

Post by Corvidae »

newarenanow wrote:
tfrizz wrote:IE and NAN are right, it's still too early to get a read on people. Unfortunately, the speed of the game has put us at a disadvantage so far. Are the quiet people trying to lay low, or have they just not been able to get on? On the bright side, we know night #2 went through fairly quickly... so we can safely assume the RPs are somewhat active.
Some players follow the game very closely, but never post until the end. Keep that in mind.
Also, RP doesn't mean bad. "ZOGM TEH WRITEYUP CAME WHEN YOU WERE ON" could mean they're a good RP (or nothing, cause I hate that theory and it's usually wrong).
tfrizz
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by tfrizz »

newarenanow wrote:
tfrizz wrote:IE and NAN are right, it's still too early to get a read on people. Unfortunately, the speed of the game has put us at a disadvantage so far. Are the quiet people trying to lay low, or have they just not been able to get on? On the bright side, we know night #2 went through fairly quickly... so we can safely assume the RPs are somewhat active.
Some players follow the game very closely, but never post until the end. Keep that in mind.
Yeah, I learned that last game. Zaro followed very closely, but posted very rarely.
Corvidae
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by Corvidae »

newarenanow wrote:
Also, RP doesn't mean bad. "ZOGM TEH WRITEYUP CAME WHEN YOU WERE ON" could mean they're a good RP (or nothing, cause I hate that theory and it's usually wrong).
Malkamaniac
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Malkamaniac »

npv708 wrote:
Malkamaniac wrote:

Not really, the best advice is to lay low or gain trust. Days 1-3 and even 4 are nothing but bandwagon fests. Causing havoc is not an option at this point and only serves the baddies time and they are then more able to follow their own strategy. Being talkative without providing insight on actual facts and things that could help the game progress and ensure a victory for the village is also detrimental.
Alright, I think I can get that. So would you say someone like THG who was extremely active last game and is being relatively quiet a good way to go?

Possibly yes, and possibly no. It's still early and it's incredibly hard to get a read on anyone at this point unless something crazy happens. Mostly it's blind leading the blind.

Thg hasn't gone off the deepend yet, so it's way still to early to tell what's up.
Corvidae
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by Corvidae »

Double Post Wars?!
wallflower
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by wallflower »

npv708 wrote:
Malkamaniac wrote:

Not really, the best advice is to lay low or gain trust. Days 1-3 and even 4 are nothing but bandwagon fests. Causing havoc is not an option at this point and only serves the baddies time and they are then more able to follow their own strategy. Being talkative without providing insight on actual facts and things that could help the game progress and ensure a victory for the village is also detrimental.
Alright, I think I can get that. So would you say someone like THG who was extremely active last game and is being relatively quiet a good way to go?
I'm tempted to go for THG because of the way he played the last game but it's hard to judge if he's being so quiet because he learned his lesson or if he has a role this time.
wallflower
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by wallflower »

Corvidae wrote:
newarenanow wrote:
:thumb:
npv708
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by npv708 »

ftr, two other quiet players:

Sdm and redwill.
MWB
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by MWB »

That's the problem with thg... he's in trouble either way. If he plays like last game people will want him dead. If he changes, people will wonder if he has a role now or if he's just trying to play a different game to stay alive.
newarenanow
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by newarenanow »

npv708 wrote:ftr, two other quiet players:

Sdm and redwill.
I was just going to list those two, Troy has been unusually quiet and thg.
tfrizz
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by tfrizz »

wallflower wrote:
npv708 wrote:
Malkamaniac wrote:

I'm tempted to go for THG because of the way he played the last game but it's hard to judge if he's being so quiet because he learned his lesson or if he has a role this time.
I've gone the opposite... I was fairly inactive last game, since I was trying to learn on the fly, but the game is much more fun when you interact!
the wicked child
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by the wicked child »

Corvidae wrote:Also, RP doesn't mean bad. "ZOGM TEH WRITEYUP CAME WHEN YOU WERE ON" could mean they're a good RP (or nothing, cause I hate that theory and it's usually wrong).
Exactly. I know in a past game someone tried to start a vote against me because I had "been on all morning and not posted"... and meanwhile I just left the browser open on my phone while I was at a meeting... :lol:

the only way you can really use that as an indicator is if you see a pattern over a course of days, and even then it is still a guess, really.
newarenanow
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by newarenanow »

dags has also been very quiet, but that could be a west coast thing.
crayz
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by crayz »

I'd like to see nan's vote (as its their strategy)...i'll follow it for today (i realize they could be bad, but i'm ok with one day goin with it)
Letang Is The Truth
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Letang Is The Truth »

newarenanow wrote:dags has also been very quiet, but that could be a west coast thing.
i think thats a large factor. it really hasnt been day when she can get involved
newarenanow
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by newarenanow »

crayz wrote:I'd like to see nan's vote (as its their strategy)...i'll follow it for today (i realize they could be bad, but i'm ok with one day goin with it)
I'll go with unwrap redwill

Redwill has been very quiet.
dagny
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by dagny »

jaysmiter wrote:
count2infinity wrote:
canaan wrote:before i go off into that good night...

is it ironic that i, the heatmiser, died in a fire?

goodbye cruel world.
didn't your mom ever tell you not to play with fire?
*cue about 5 unfunny "canaan's mom" jokes.*
I'm only on page 2, but I need to interject to let you all know that you must all leave canaan's mom alone, per the Gorilla.

Do not reply. If you have questions, direct them to the Gorilla.
crayz
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by crayz »

unwrap redwill
newarenanow
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by newarenanow »

Well, Dags is up.
npv708
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by npv708 »

newarenanow wrote:

Sdm and redwill.
I hadn't thought about Troy...I think he posted once or twice recently, but I think that's been it. I guess I'm willing to give THG a temp pass for now, I just think he wasn't sure how to play the game. I seem to remember some noob attempting to lynch himself in his first game... :face:

I think Troy would be a good choice. He's a vet, usually more active, and a strong player. He could be dangerous if he is on the naughty list. Plus he killed me a few games back, I think.
Juice
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Juice »

oh you know i'm always down to unwrap redwill
Corvidae
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by Corvidae »

Well, I'm not voting yet since I got an innocent man unwrapped a few hours ago. So if push comes to shove, I'm voting to salt canaan and taking a nap.
crayz
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by crayz »

npv708 wrote:
newarenanow wrote:

Sdm and redwill.
I hadn't thought about Troy...I think he posted once or twice recently, but I think that's been it. I guess I'm willing to give THG a temp pass for now, I just think he wasn't sure how to play the game. I seem to remember some noob attempting to lynch himself in his first game... :face:

I think Troy would be a good choice. He's a vet, usually more active, and a strong player. He could be dangerous if he is on the naughty list. Plus he killed me a few games back, I think.
That's the problem though...Anyone who is a strong player and could be dangerous if bad could be a great help if they were good. I base quiet more on past games then this one as its been 6 hours?
thehockeyguru
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by thehockeyguru »

Malkamaniac wrote:
npv708 wrote:
Malkamaniac wrote:

Possibly yes, and possibly no. It's still early and it's incredibly hard to get a read on anyone at this point unless something crazy happens. Mostly it's blind leading the blind.

Thg hasn't gone off the deepend yet, so it's way still to early to tell what's up.
No one has really called me out yet. I am pretty sure that Crayz wouldn't do it again unless he was a good guy. So no need for me to get bent out of shape.
the wicked child
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by the wicked child »

unwrap redwill

Just a vote for quiet folk.