HOLIDAY WARS GAME THREAD

Forum for NHR "Wars" Games
crayz
AHL'er
AHL'er

Re: HOLIDAY WARS GAME THREAD

Post by crayz »

I'm assuming one boss kill and one independent kill? Unless there is a village Vig this game? Don't think JOAT would use their kill this early (or at least hope not)

so...do we keep the random going? TWC was the other random'r that was posted....then there is teh confusing THG...

or if we want to start analyzing already....PFIDC has the whole religious battle going on with jaysmiter (although that seems to obvious)
npv708
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by npv708 »

First off, I have a little bit of explaining to do:

- I was gone most of yesterday for a final exam, and thought i would be able to be around a lot more, but then was given a bunch of paperwork that needs to be done for my thesis, and I'm a graduate assistant which means that next week I'll have to grade a ton of stuff. This means that I won't be around alot, I'll try and be active as possible, but I wanted to let you guys know. If it comes to it and I find out that I can't play at all, i might see if someone who didn't get in the game would want to take my spot, but we'll see.

Secondly, I have three different directions on this vote:

- THG, for being crazy last game, he does that again this game it could really hurt the village
- NAN, 1 for being NAN, and two for being extremely experienced, if he's on the naughty list, the village could be in trouble.
- Corvi - see NAN
crayz
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by crayz »

the wicked child wrote:
Troy Loney wrote:
Clark Griswold was electrocuted. Dead.
Howard Langston was shot, dead. Execution style.
would you say this tells us who killed who?
Sounds reasonable.
Ralphie with his red ryder bb gun ????
the wicked child
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by the wicked child »

I would tend to think that it would be too obvious for pfidc to take out jays... but ya never know.
IrishEyes
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by IrishEyes »

crayz wrote:I'm assuming one boss kill and one independent kill? Unless there is a village Vig this game? Don't think JOAT would use their kill this early (or at least hope not)

so...do we keep the random going? TWC was the other random'r that was posted....then there is teh confusing THG...

or if we want to start analyzing already....PFIDC has the whole religious battle going on with jaysmiter (although that seems to obvious)
I think it would be wise to pretend that the religious battle didn't even happen. This is not the time nor the place for it.

It's day 2. Does anyone really have any idea?
newarenanow
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by newarenanow »

crayz wrote:I'm assuming one boss kill and one independent kill? Unless there is a village Vig this game? Don't think JOAT would use their kill this early (or at least hope not)

I say look at the list and call out and start a bandwagon with a quiet person.

It's too early to analyze. People may disagree, but I think it is a smart move to go after the quiet people because:

1) There is usually a boss hiding as a quiet person

2) When the heat gets on, quiet people start talking. And analyzing talking when things start heating up is always helpful IMO.

3) You weed out the people you have absolutely no tell on, so even if there is no bosses hiding in the quiet group, you have no questions about people you can't go back and research.

Thoughts???
slappybrown
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by slappybrown »

No one has any clue, and Im about to go to a holiday party.

Lets fire up Random.org for a number......28.....unwrap wallflower
wallflower
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by wallflower »

IrishEyes wrote:It's day 2. Does anyone really have any idea?
Exactly. It's still too soon to worry about strategy.
newarenanow
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by newarenanow »

IrishEyes wrote:

I think it would be wise to pretend that the religious battle didn't even happen. This is not the time nor the place for it.

It's day 2. Does anyone really have any idea?
This. I don't think the religious battle has anything to do with the game. I'd strike it from the record.
Malkamaniac
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Malkamaniac »

From NAN
2) When the heat gets on, quiet people start talking. And analyzing talking when things start heating up is always helpful IMO.
I'm in agreement with this, it's day 2.
npv708
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by npv708 »

Malkamaniac wrote:From NAN
I agree with it, but the last few games i though it was mostly the more active people who were the bosses?
npv708
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by npv708 »

npv708 wrote:
I agree with it, but the last few games i though it was mostly the more active people who were the bosses?
*thought
tfrizz
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by tfrizz »

IE and NAN are right, it's still too early to get a read on people. Unfortunately, the speed of the game has put us at a disadvantage so far. Are the quiet people trying to lay low, or have they just not been able to get on? On the bright side, we know night #2 went through fairly quickly... so we can safely assume the RPs are somewhat active.
cup keeper
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by cup keeper »

slappybrown wrote:No one has any clue, and Im about to go to a holiday party.

random.org is the way to go on day 1 and 2.

unwrap wallflower
newarenanow
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by newarenanow »

npv708 wrote:
Bosses change from game to game.

From playing so many times, people's game playing personalities don't change much at all. So if a quiet person is a boss this game, I still think they will be quiet.

If an active person is a boss, they will still be active.
Letang Is The Truth
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Letang Is The Truth »

id rather get someone quiet than wf at this juncture who is usually active
wallflower
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by wallflower »

I'm just a normal villager but whatev.
Corvidae
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by Corvidae »

cup keeper wrote:
slappybrown wrote:No one has any clue, and Im about to go to a holiday party.

random.org is the way to go on day 1 and 2.

unwrap wallflower
I didn't even know you were playing.
JoseCuervo
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by JoseCuervo »

seeing as I didn't get to vote first round cause I was still asleep, I want in on this one: unwrap THG
slappybrown
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by slappybrown »

I put on my robe and wizard hat

This client is killing me, I want to leave GON DRANK
the wicked child
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by the wicked child »

still quite a few people we haven't heard from yet... not sure if it is because of being out west or "working" or what not.
Malkamaniac
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Malkamaniac »

npv708 wrote:

Not really, the best advice is to lay low or gain trust. Days 1-3 and even 4 are nothing but bandwagon fests. Causing havoc is not an option at this point and only serves the baddies time and they are then more able to follow their own strategy. Being talkative without providing insight on actual facts and things that could help the game progress and ensure a victory for the village is also detrimental.
newarenanow
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by newarenanow »

tfrizz wrote:IE and NAN are right, it's still too early to get a read on people. Unfortunately, the speed of the game has put us at a disadvantage so far. Are the quiet people trying to lay low, or have they just not been able to get on? On the bright side, we know night #2 went through fairly quickly... so we can safely assume the RPs are somewhat active.
Some players follow the game very closely, but never post until the end. Keep that in mind.
crayz
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by crayz »

newarenanow wrote:

I say look at the list and call out and start a bandwagon with a quiet person.

It's too early to analyze. People may disagree, but I think it is a smart move to go after the quiet people because:

1) There is usually a boss hiding as a quiet person

3) You weed out the people you have absolutely no tell on, so even if there is no bosses hiding in the quiet group, you have no questions about people you can't go back and research.

Thoughts???
I'm good with this... Who do you propose? There really aren't that many quiet people in the game...sdm?
npv708
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by npv708 »

Malkamaniac wrote:

Not really, the best advice is to lay low or gain trust. Days 1-3 and even 4 are nothing but bandwagon fests. Causing havoc is not an option at this point and only serves the baddies time and they are then more able to follow their own strategy. Being talkative without providing insight on actual facts and things that could help the game progress and ensure a victory for the village is also detrimental.
Alright, I think I can get that. So would you say someone like THG who was extremely active last game and is being relatively quiet a good way to go?