** SLUG WARZ III - GAME THREAD **

Forum for NHR "Wars" Games
Troy Loney
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Re: ** SLUG WARZ III - GAME THREAD **

Post by Troy Loney »

mac5155 wrote:can someone outline why troy and beerman are suspicious (other than BM being inactive?) because i've read through and i'm missing it i think..
Pavel Bure thought my DanH vote in round one was suspicious...then we fought about that...

Now Senka didn't like my pulling the vote off of Pavel last nigth and leaving it blank..he thinks im acting impartial and trying to walk the fine line.
mac5155
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by mac5155 »

Troy Loney wrote:
mac5155 wrote:can someone outline why troy and beerman are suspicious (other than BM being inactive?) because i've read through and i'm missing it i think..
Pavel Bure thought my DanH vote in round one was suspicious...then we fought about that...

Now Senka didn't like my pulling the vote off of Pavel last nigth and leaving it blank..he thinks im acting impartial and trying to walk the fine line.
seems foolish IMO for you to do that (which is why i'm not sold a vote for you would help us)
newarenanow
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by newarenanow »

Troy Loney wrote:salt cupkeeper

To save myself...which is completely reasonable to me because even if cupkeeper is just a villager, thats just as bad as letting myself go down like that when i'm just villager.

***i think the lack of voting could be indicative to the fact there we're not on to anything here...ie it only takes two votes for a majority right now...slugs have no reason to even really vote (voting is a strong piece of evidence against someone later in the game)...i'm wondering if they are among the handful that ahve been on here all day talkign about this, or one of the many not around at all.
I agree with your second premise, hence why I"m trying to get something going.

If it just sits here with three votes and goes into the next day, a villager may be strung up, and because of no activity by anyone, the slugs can just sit back blend in with the village.

Like you said, voting patterns are pretty big later in the game. If you are a villager, and unsure, don't hold off your vote. Don't give the slugs an opportunity to sit back and hide with the rest of the village.
Juice
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Juice »

so what do we do if pavel bure doesn't speak up about who he researched?
mac5155
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by mac5155 »

ok,

salt beerman.

im not 100% on this, but look, he's inactive and usually helps alot... so, sorry, but i'm just gonna go with it.
newarenanow
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by newarenanow »

Juice wrote:so what do we do if pavel bure doesn't speak up about who he researched?
Vote for someone. Anyone but him.

Try to pull out another slug.

If he isn't the gardener, the real one is out there working away. And we know he is a slug who we can knock off once the real gardener is gone, or has spoken.

If he is, it gives him another night and puts the ball in the slugs court whether to whack him or not.
newarenanow
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by newarenanow »

Is there a count?
newarenanow
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by newarenanow »

I think it's:

cupkeeper - 2 (shaftnutz, Troy)
beerman - 2 (NAN, mac)
Troy - 1 (Senka)
Malkamaniac
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Malkamaniac »

Juice wrote:so what do we do if pavel bure doesn't speak up about who he researched?

Juice your the one person that keeps bringing up Pavel....seriously, why is it important for him to be salted? It just seems like numerous times your statements have come off as "Oh why not him, just because lived he could still be a slug"

It's coming off as overly pushy on Bure. If he doesn't speak, then we see if he lives another night. If he does then great, I'll seriously think about the salt vote then next time. Either way though, I can see the slugs leaving him alone because people are going to want him salted anyways, even if he is the gardener, killing two birds with one stone for the slugs. It seriously comes off as the most slug thing at the moment.
newarenanow
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by newarenanow »

Malkamaniac wrote:

Juice your the one person that keeps bringing up Pavel....seriously, why is it important for him to be salted? It just seems like numerous times your statements have come off as "Oh why not him, just because lived he could still be a slug"

It's coming off as overly pushy on Bure. If he doesn't speak, then we see if he lives another night. If he does then great, I'll seriously think about the salt vote then next time. Either way though, I can see the slugs leaving him alone because people are going to want him salted anyways, even if he is the gardener, killing two birds with one stone for the slugs. It seriously comes off as the most slug thing at the moment.
Yeah, I don't know what the big deal is with the urgency to get Pavel out.

If he is the gardener, leave the ball in the slugs court whether to eat him or not.

If he isn't, we then know he is a slug. We will just salt him when the real gardener is dead or speaks.

I'd rather put the effort into getting one of the other three slugs.
mac5155
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by mac5155 »

and i'd be interested to see if juice is also a slug along with pavel if he is.
MWB
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by MWB »

I will definitely be voting. I'm leaning towards troy or cupkeeper. Did Troy give a reason for unsalting pavel and then not salting anyone else last night? Cup keeper because he's not said much of anything.
newarenanow
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by newarenanow »

mac5155 wrote:and i'd be interested to see if juice is also a slug along with pavel if he is.
I'm going to hold off on that one for right now.

If Pavel was caught, I don't know why another slug would be pushing so hard to get him and put himself into the spotlight.

It could happen. But I just would think it would be crazy to have a slug call attention to themselves this early in the game. But then again, that could be their plan. Who knows?
Troy Loney
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Troy Loney »

MWB wrote:I will definitely be voting. I'm leaning towards troy or cupkeeper. Did Troy give a reason for unsalting pavel and then not salting anyone else last night? Cup keeper because he's not said much of anything.
Because i was talking arguing with pavel while i was in class last night...then after i got back home i checked again...saw that the vote was between pavel & danh...i didn't want pavel to get salted...i didnt want him to get salted last night...and that was before he came out as the gardener (so it was just to take back my reactionary vote, because i think we both concluded that we were clean last night)

So i just signed on to unsalt pavel, and then went to sleep.
mac5155
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by mac5155 »

seems to me there are 3-4 players actively playing. the rest are not saying much of anything.
MWB
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by MWB »

Troy Loney wrote:
MWB wrote:I will definitely be voting. I'm leaning towards troy or cupkeeper. Did Troy give a reason for unsalting pavel and then not salting anyone else last night? Cup keeper because he's not said much of anything.
Because i was talking arguing with pavel while i was in class last night...then after i got back home i checked again...saw that the vote was between pavel & danh...i didn't want pavel to get salted...i didnt want him to get salted last night...and that was before he came out as the gardener (so it was just to take back my reactionary vote, because i think we both concluded that we were clean last night)

So i just signed on to unsalt pavel, and then went to sleep.
Ok, makes sense, at least for now. I think going with a very inactive player is the way to go.
salt cup keeper
newarenanow
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by newarenanow »

mac5155 wrote:seems to me there are 3-4 players actively playing. the rest are not saying much of anything.
Which is making it very difficult for the village since there is no majority vote.

If only a few people are voting, then the slugs will just hide with the rest of the village.

Pretty much the next two days are in the slugs advantage since it's the weekend and not much activity will take place.
newarenanow
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by newarenanow »

cupkeeper - 3 (shaftnutz, Troy, MWB)
beerman - 2 (NAN, mac)
Troy - 1 (Senka)
canaan
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by canaan »

salt zarovich
mac5155
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by mac5155 »

zarovich??
newarenanow
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by newarenanow »

cupkeeper - 3 (shaftnutz, Troy, MWB)
beerman - 2 (NAN, mac)
Zarovich - 1 (canaan)
Troy - 1 (Senka)
Senka
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Senka »

only reason i find it helpful to salt bure if he doesnt come out and help us, is avoiding discovering a real seer while looking elsewhere. if we salted him, we'd essentially buy the real seer another night without exposing him. thats the only logic i could find in salting him. but then again, time is ticking.

in ref to beerman hes my second choice although i still think troy > beerman. cupkeeper sure, but i still have 2-3 people ahead of him. I always feel like i can pinpoint what is going on, and then something stupid happens and i got nothin. :(
MWB
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by MWB »

mac5155 wrote:zarovich??
Another person who doesn't really contribute much.
Senka
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Senka »

heres an idea -- its time to go to walmart, get some stuff and come back with salt and limes. :lol:

see ya guys later.
Troy Loney
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Troy Loney »

Troy Loney, Shaftnutz, MWB, Canaan, NAN, Senka & Mac....these are the only people that have voted...fwiw