What station...

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.
Ajjg123
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

What station...

Post by Ajjg123 »

What radio stations talk about the pens? FSN radio 970 is just nation wide sports pretty much? What is madden on?
luxor
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Post by luxor »

espn radio 1250 am
netwolf
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by netwolf »

970 has a local show from 3-6pm M-F as well. Ellis Cannon does an eveing show on 104.7 FM, but I'm not sure what time it starts... 6 or 7pm maybe.
Loaf31
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Loaf31 »

Ellis Cannon on 104.7 Fm starts @ 6 PM
newarenanow
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by newarenanow »

Loaf31 wrote:Ellis Cannon on 104.7 Fm starts @ 6 PM
I think Ellis Cannon is my favorite.
spi
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by spi »

970 very rarely talks pens now that Bendell and Benz are on there. Joe Bendell knows NOTHING about hockey. Tim Benz I like but since his sidekick only can talk stillers and play devils advocate against all things pens, they pretty much stick to steeler talk. I actually heard Bendell call #55 of the Pens SerJAY Gon CAR at the beginning of the season which is when I offically stopped listening.

We need Savran back on the air.

Junker and Crow are good and we all know about Madden.
dboss
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by dboss »

spi wrote:970 very rarely talks pens now that Bendell and Benz are on there. Joe Bendell knows NOTHING about hockey. Tim Benz I like but since his sidekick only can talk stillers and play devils advocate against all things pens, they pretty much stick to steeler talk. I actually heard Bendell call #55 of the Pens SerJAY Gon CAR at the beginning of the season which is when I offically stopped listening.

We need Savran back on the air.

Junker and Crow are good and we all know about Madden.
To add to this, once the Pirates begins training camp you won't hear about anything other than the Pirates from Benz. When he was on ESPN 1250, I couldn't stand listening to him during baseball season because that is all that he talked about. I can listen to Steelers coverage, but I detest when they talk about baseball. Until MLB fixes the economics of the game, similar to what the NHL did, then MLB is dead to me.