Rangers vs Flyers

Forum for hockey posts that are not Penguins-related.
Jamie
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Rangers vs Flyers

Post by Jamie »

Anyone watching this game. Jagr is absolutly schooling the Flyers. 2 Goals and an assist and it is only early in the second period. Jagr is showing when he is motivated, there is no other player on this planet that is on the same level.
Vanbiesbrouck
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by Vanbiesbrouck »

The Philly broadcasts are priceless when the Flyers lose.

Even the 11pm newscast, they showed the score, and then an interview of Brashear complaining about how the refs cater to the superstars and players can't touch eachother. There was no footage of how he got his 35 penalty minutes total tonight, by punching Kasparaitis in the head and jumping on top of him.

What a hockey team, what a city. Stay classy, Philadelphia.
Ginger
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by Ginger »

Vanbiesbrouck wrote:The Philly broadcasts are priceless when the Flyers lose.

Even the 11pm newscast, they showed the score, and then an interview of Brashear complaining about how the refs cater to the superstars and players can't touch eachother. There was no footage of how he got his 35 penalty minutes total tonight, by punching Kasparaitis in the head and jumping on top of him.

What a hockey team, what a city. Stay classy, Philadelphia.
Yeah, ya gotta feel so sorry for him, don't ya? What a total waste of a jersey.Image

That all started because he tried to engage Kaspar in a fight earlier & Kaspar laughed in his face & skated away. Brashear was livid!
FlyerNation

Post by FlyerNation »

The Flyers announcers are the worse in the league hands down. I hate homers and they're kings of homerism. I'm glad I rarely get them anymore on Center Ice. I hate them, just like I hate every Flyer media or fan that constantly blows the team especially when they are as pathetic as they are right now.

Kasparitis is a **** plain and simple. Always been a guy to go out and take runs at guys knees and dirty hits. Brash was giving that coward revenge for Gagne. Kapsaritis won't drop the gloves he's not man enough. How many times has he hurt someone and when retrobution comes he turtles? At least guys like Stevens and Hatcher drop the mits. Just like Forbes pounding on Kasparitis after his leveling of Lindros the following night in Philly he turtled.

I really don't expect Penguin fans to understand about retrobution or not wanting a player to turtle. The fans are reflection of years of a soft orginization. I bet most here wish the NHL were a no contact league.
Peter

Post by Peter »

Jagr is awesome.
FlyerNation

Post by FlyerNation »

ExPatriatePen
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
Location: Source, Destination, Protocol, Port, size, sequence number, check sum... Yep, that about covers it.

Post by ExPatriatePen »

No doubt that Philly hockey is a different breed all together.
Ginger
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by Ginger »

FlyerNation wrote:
Kasparitis is a **** plain and simple. Always been a guy to go out and take runs at guys knees and dirty hits. Brash was giving that coward revenge for Gagne. Kapsaritis won't drop the gloves he's not man enough. How many times has he hurt someone and when retrobution comes he turtles? At least guys like Stevens and Hatcher drop the mits. Just like Forbes pounding on Kasparitis after his leveling of Lindros the following night in Philly he turtled.

I really don't expect Penguin fans to understand about retrobution or not wanting a player to turtle. The fans are reflection of years of a soft orginization. I bet most here wish the NHL were a no contact league.
First of all, it's all in the way you see it. Do you dislike the Flyer announcers because they said the Cagne hit was clean? 'Cuz it was & so was the hit to (head down) Lindros years back. As for Kaspar being 'man enough' to fight...man enough or stupid enough? If I've got someone twice my size chasing me around trying to engage me in a fight, how stupid would I be to turn around & drop my gloves? Kaspar knew that Brash would be easily sucked in...that's what happens to players with an IQ in the single digits!

Of the incident...
Darius Kasparaitis, playing with a broken right big toe, was a marked man. Kasparaitis, who knocked Flyers center Simon Gagne out for two weeks with a hip check in the Russia-Canada game in Turin, was chased and taunted by Flyers tough guy Donald Brashear, whose roughing penalty led to Jagr's first power- play goal.

Finally, when Kasparaitis tried to avoid yet another Brashear foray with 1:53 left in the third period, Brashear chased down and socked Kasparaitis with his gloved left hand, drawing 19 minutes in penalties, a game misconduct and a probable suspension.

"I hit people and it's not my type of game to go fight," said Kasparaitis, who admitted he hoped to get under Brashear's skin. "He told me I'm not going to finish the game. If he thinks the next game I'm going to drop my gloves, it's not going to happen. It's OK. I have a big head; it doesn't hurt."
http://www.stamfordadvocate.com/sports/ ... gers-print

So who didn't finish the game? Brashear gets 19 minutes in penalties, a game misconduct & a probable suspension. :)
FlyerNation

Post by FlyerNation »

Ginger wrote:
FlyerNation wrote:
First of all, it's all in the way you see it. Do you dislike the Flyer announcers because they said the Cagne hit was clean? 'Cuz it was & so was the hit to (head down) Lindros years back. As for Kaspar being 'man enough' to fight...man enough or stupid enough? If I've got someone twice my size chasing me around trying to engage me in a fight, how stupid would I be to turn around & drop my gloves? Kaspar knew that Brash would be easily sucked in...that's what happens to players with an IQ in the single digits!

Of the incident...
[http://www.stamfordadvocate.com/sports/ ... gers-print

So who didn't finish the game? Brashear gets 19 minutes in penalties, a game misconduct & a probable suspension. :)
Yeah that's it, I hate the Flyers announcers because they said Gagne's hit was clean. You got me there. :roll: I've been ranting about those bafoons for months here. I hate them because they're homers plain and simple. Jackson gets too excited every play at the net regardless of the chances of it scoring, no Flyers loses a fight, 95% of calls vs the Flyers are borderline could go either way, Coates is drunk most of the time, Dornhoeffer took too many hits to the head as a player and still thinks Fred Shero is behind the bench and lives in the 70's. The Flyers are the greatest to them, never criticize the performance, never criticize Hitch or the coaching staff for allowing their now pathetic performance night after night. It's Flyers heaven constantly and their horrible.

I would expect a response from a Pens fan that Kaspar should run and hide because Brashear is bigger. From a group of fans that cheered Ulf Samueloson a dirty player who attempted to injure opposing players at every turn. Kaspar went for Forsbergs head in the first minutes of the game. He already put Gagne out, regardless if it was clean or not he went low, and now he wants to run at Forsberg and not back it up. He aims at star players night in and out and when the time comes Turtles up and will allow himself to get beat on. Brian Marchement was dirty but he backed his actions up and didn't hide behind the rulebook. Darcy Tucker is dirty and he backs it up. Hatcher was ripped on here for his dirty play but drop the gloves with him and see if he falls to the ice and takes a beating. It's about being a man and being accountable for your actions, Kasparitis is able to get away with this crap because the game isn't what it used to be. At least in all fairness to Ulf he would drop them at times. The league is involved with dirty hits because players know they can get away with whatever they want because the refs protect them. You end up with Bertuzzi type situations which ruins the sport even more.

Like I said, I would expect no one here to understand where I'm coming from not because Kaspar is a former Pen or it happenned to the Flyers but because the Pens orginization has been the softest in the league since the early 80's when I started watching the games and it's just passed down to thier fans who love the Euro style hockey that the Pens fans have become accustomed to watching night in and out year after year.

You guys say all Philly fans care about is fighting well maybe, but there is no secret that Pens fans overall care about turning the other cheek.
Last edited by FlyerNation on Fri Mar 03, 2006 12:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ginger
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by Ginger »

Peter wrote:Jagr is awesome.
He's sure stacking up the numbers! He's moved into second place on the European players list now for points, bumping Jari Kurri out of that spot.
Jagr now has 1,400 career points and passed Jari Kurri for 14th on the all-time scoring list. He's only 67 points behind former Blackhawks legend Stan Mikita (Czechoslovakia) for most among European players.
http://www.philly.com/mld/philly/sports ... 006038.htm

Wow!
Ginger
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by Ginger »

FlyerNation wrote:
Retribution?
You mean when a whiney Hatcher will smash a new kid in the face & then go boo-hooing to the media about how 'fragile' his team is when they get routed? Aaah yes! We'll just leave him alone & the world will see what he's really made of eventually.

"Right now we are a fragile team, there is no question about it," Flyers captain Derian Hatcher said. "It's something we need to fix and the only way to fix it is to win games."

~*sniffle*~
FlyerNation

Post by FlyerNation »

Ginger wrote:
FlyerNation wrote:
Retribution?
You mean when a whiney Hatcher will smash a new kid in the face & then go boo-hooing to the media about how 'fragile' his team is when they get routed? Aaah yes! We'll just leave him alone & the world will see what he's really made of eventually.

"Right now we are a fragile team, there is no question about it," Flyers captain Derian Hatcher said. "It's something we need to fix and the only way to fix it is to win games."

~*sniffle*~
WTF ? That made absolutely no sense whatsoever. What in the hell did those two incidents have in common? Man I guess the switch to the new board also meant the IQ went down.

Address my point above, don't go off on some whine fest about Cindy getting his lip busted, or better yet don't respond if this was the best you could do.
fourtKNOX
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by fourtKNOX »

FlyerNation wrote: WTF ? That made absolutely no sense whatsoever. What in the hell did those two incidents have in common? Man I guess the switch to the new board also meant the IQ went down.

Address my point above, don't go off on some whine fest about Cindy getting his lip busted, or better yet don't respond if this was the best you could do.

family board... great now I have to explain to my children why filthy flyless fans talk like this when philly is suppose to be the city of brotherly love! thanks nation! :roll:
Ginger
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by Ginger »

FlyerNation wrote:
WTF ? That made absolutely no sense whatsoever. What in the hell did those two incidents have in common? Man I guess the switch to the new board also meant the IQ went down.

Lowering IQ? Aaah, you're way too hard on yourself. You couldn't make a comparison between a 'turtle' & a 'big tough bully' whining about his fragile team?

You say the Pens are victims of a soft organization. Yet the biggest whiner over a loss right now is Hatcher himself. The he-man who took out a young kid & then followed that up with another hit on Selanne in the Olympics. Were you aware that your he-man scampered off & wouldn't talk to the media in Italy about that incident? He ducked into a doorway & wouldn't come out until they left. I'm so impressed by his fortitude. :roll:

We didn't seek retribution for that hit on Crosby because frankly, we had no one to do it...so in a sense, you're right. But don't get all puffed up about how stud-laden the Flyers are as opposed to other teams. I never saw Kaspar crying to the media after a loss in Pittsburgh or in NYC. And I'd love to have seen what Ulfie would have done to Hatchers body parts.
FlyerNation

Post by FlyerNation »

Ginger wrote:
FlyerNation wrote:

Lowering IQ? Aaah, you're way too hard on yourself. You couldn't make a comparison between a 'turtle' & a 'big tough bully' whining about his fragile team?

You say the Pens are victims of a soft organization. Yet the biggest whiner over a loss right now is Hatcher himself. The he-man who took out a young kid & then followed that up with another hit on Selanne in the Olympics. Were you aware that your he-man scampered off & wouldn't talk to the media in Italy about that incident? He ducked into a doorway & wouldn't come out until they left. I'm so impressed by his fortitude. :roll:

We didn't seek retribution for that hit on Crosby because frankly, we had no one to do it...so in a sense, you're right. But don't get all puffed up about how stud-laden the Flyers are as opposed to other teams. I never saw Kaspar crying to the media after a loss in Pittsburgh or in NYC. And I'd love to have seen what Ulfie would have done to Hatchers body parts.
Hatcher was answering a question about the team. He stated thier fragile right now. What the hell does that have to do with my point that Kasparitis is a chump who doesn't back his actions up on the ice? What does Hatcher not answering the media after laying a hit on Teemau have to do with his ability to back himself up on the ice? Do you mean to tell me you can't answer the difference between Hatcher on the ice so you're resorting to comments made after the game about the status of the team? Do you even watch hockey? You do realize Hatcher will drop the mits with anyone and I have never never never seen him turtle from anybody. He might not win but he won't turtle and hide behind the ref.

No one is getting pumped up about how stud laden the Flyers are. Where in this thread have I pumped them up? I said that the two orginizations and mostly thier fans view fighting in retrobution in two different ways. Pens fans find it barbaric and goonery as where Flyers fans feel like it's as important as winning the game. Which one is correct ? Who knows probably somewhere in the middle. That was my point. You're off rambling about Hathcher cutting Cindy and hitting someone in the Oly and post game comments about the stability of the team. They are a fragile worthless bunch but that has nothing whatsoever to do with my point of dirty players and yes I said Hatch was one not standing up to be men when payback comes.

Are all hockey fans in Vegas as clueless as you? Were you even here before?
Peter

Post by Peter »

I wish we were as good as the Flyers.
netwolf
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by netwolf »

I am not a big Kaspar fan like many of my fellow Pens fans. When he was here, I often felt he tried to draw calls too often, lying on the ice waiting for a call that was not coming. That said, I will defend him on this one.

Kaspar NEVER fights, but even if he did, why would he (or anyone) fight in that situation? His team was up 5-1 at that point if I am reading the box score right. What did he or his team have to gain by fighting Brashear? Absolutley nothing. No player should fight in that situation just because the other guy wants to go.

Brashear should have nothing to do with the Gagne hit, though I kind of get why he did. If Team Canada didn't do anything at the time it happened, I don't see why Brashear should feel the need to avenge him. And if Brashear was so determined to get even for Gagne, why did he wait until there was under 2 minutes to go in the game? If he tried earlier, I apologize. I did not see the game. Even if he did and Kaspar skated away, you can't just jump on a guy and start pounding him. You have to maintain some level of composure or you're just going to have another Bertuzzi/Moore incident. With Brashear being on the wrong end of a similiar incident, you'd think he would realize that.

Besides, Brashear seems to have a habit of only wanting to fight smaller guys or guys that he knows don't fight. He's a waste of space and has been for a while.

All that said, I thought the turtle pics were pretty funny. :wink:
Draftnik
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Draftnik »

Brashear is a coward. He is the last guy that should be questioning guys that don't fight. He turns down numerous invitations to dance every game. Kaspar doesn't hide from anyone. He showed up in Philly the next night after he KOed Lindros. He easily could have backed out of last night's game with a broken toe. The guy takes as good as he gives. He is one of the few remaining players to throw a hip check. He is short and with his low center of gravity other players don't know how to take or avoid his unique style.

Brashear is a useless sideshow. He doesn't intimidate anybody anymore.
NIN

Post by NIN »

FlyerNation wrote:Image

:lol: nice.

Overall I have to say that I....agree with you on this topic for the most part....

First of all I am not proud of the "soft" label that surrounds the franchise but I can't deny it. Penguin fans are a different sort then the Flyer fans. It dosent mean we arent tough people too, it just means that when I buy $85.00 dollar tickets the last thing I am thinking of during the purchase is "I hope I see some good fights!". Since 1984 we have been spoiled with some world class talent and what raises a penguin fans eyebrow is fast paced action and memorable individual feats of skill. We do love the big bang hits like you see in football games too. Fighting? Most fans are indifferent.

Pens fans have become wine tasters while Flyer fans are still shot and a beer fans.

When I witnessed Lemieux turtleing under the mighty wrath of Keith freakin Acton the testosterone level in my body pretty much caused my gonads to jump back under my abdominal wall. The occurances of this type of soft behavior is to numerous to number. I do recall Ulfie making Acton turtle and he even made the universal sign of turtleing while sitting in the box. Ulfie is alot like Kaspar but I think he was softer because of the visor. Kasparitus was not a player I liked at all before he came to the team. He had alot to do with ruining our 3-peat and legitimizing our dynasty, you could say I hated him. After watching him block shots without fear game in and game out. Hit everyone not matter how big or how famous game in and game out. He won me over. What makes me a huge Kasparitus fan now is the abuse he takes. Kaspar is not tough in the traditional old-time hockey rock'em sock'em mold, but I or anyone who watched him play a whole season will ever call him soft or not tough. He is the recipitent of many many cheapshots almost every game. He works the refs with the sympathy card these days but for the most part he is a sick individual who loves the abuse almost as much as he loves dishing it out. His dirty hits do not equal the abuse he has received in my eyes.

Players have to realize when #11 is on the ice. I am not saying you have to like him or respect him but if you forget about him your career could be over in a wink of an eye. Gagner wont be admiring the puck the next time he skates right up to the net the next time Kaspar is out there with him. He will have one eye on the puck and one eye on Kaspar if he knows whats good for him. As a Hatcher fan im sure you can appretiate that. As for fighting I don't like the fact that he and Ulfie would never beat the crap out of players like civilized folk. Domi almost broke Ulfies neck with a sucker punch and Kaspar has had to deal with simular attacks as well. He could very well be Bertuzzied some day but to all of those stars who get hit by a Kaspar cheapshot I got just one thing to say: KEEP YOUR HEAD UP!!

IN clossing I must say that the Pens teams in the early 90's were very tough by NHL standards those days. They were alot like todays Senetore who are skilled and tough. Stevens Lemieux Tocchet is my all-time favorite line and nobody messed with Mario those days. They beat the crap out of teams physically and intimidated others with skill. Crosby and Malkin have that soft european skill but with some North American toughness. It's only a matter of time before the soft label is lifted under Crosby's leadership, he is a very tough kid.
Ginger
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by Ginger »

FlyerNation wrote:
Are all hockey fans in Vegas as clueless as you? Were you even here before?
I wasn't even going to honor this with a reply but hey! It's a slow night & I'm bored.

First of all was I "even where before?" Here on the LGP board? Um, yeah, almost from it inception. I'd have to get RJ to check on that for me, but it's been almost daily for a long, long time.
Or here in Pittsburgh? I lived in Pittsburgh for 8 years up until last November when I moved to Vegas.
Here in Philly? Yes, but for only as long as it took to see a game & then I got out.

As for have I watched hockey? All my life! From the ice! I learned the game at age 2, was playing it at 6 & continues to play on a team until I was 15. I think in that time I got a pretty good handle on how it goes.
Being married to a Canadian goalie didn't hurt either.

Whether you think Kaspar's a good d-man or not, (I personally think he's adequate) you have to admit that he's one of the toughest guys in the game. He gets out of position to make a hit & drives people nuts doing that, but oh man! They love it when he levels someone with his hip. He's played with broken bones & never complained. And he gets lots of attention from the opposition when he swings over the boards & skates out to play, because everybody knows he's out there & they have to keep their heads up or pay a price.
Hatcher? Well, I brought him up only to point out that as the enforcer on your tough Flyers team, he 'turtled' in his own way too. Running away from the media knowing that he would have to talk about the stick he put on*yet another* players mouth.You notice, he loves smashing players in the face with his stick or his arm. Crosby, Selanne & the rotten elbow to Jason Arnotts face; or how about Jeremy Roenick's jaw? That's not defense, that's goondom. Which Kaspar isn't.
"A tough defenseman is one who comes to the rink and plays injured," says Dale Purinton of the New York Rangers. "He plays hard every night and plays long minutes. He is solid defensively and puts his body on the line in all situations. That's toughness in its rawest form. If he can fight, well, that's a bonus but not a necessity.."
FlyerNation

Post by FlyerNation »

Good responses especially from my good friend NIN. :) I wasn't meaning to classify "Pittsburghers" as soft, quite the opposite in fact. Tough city with a blue collar attitude. How can anyone classify a town with an unmatched passion for the toughest sports (football) soft is beyond me. My point was the way the Pens/Flyers fans view the game. Yes in the early 90's the Pens were a complete team and as tough as they came. I would never deny a team with in my opinion one of the toughest players I ever saw Tocchet that they weren't tough. I think over the years, though the Pens and thier fans have been spoiled by the finesse brand of hockey due in large part to the amount of unbelievably skilled players that have been here.

The Flyers and thier fans have never gotten over the days of the Bullies. It's no different that Steelers fans for that matter. You will never hear a Steeler fans saying they don't want a hard nose tough smash mouth football team because that's the style that brought them thier glory years. Flyers fans appreciate the fights at times as much as winning. Is that logical? Probably not but then again it's their trademark style of play.

As for Kapsar, some of you might be right, Flyers fans probably would love him. However there are other pests in this league that are diryt that will drop the mits when confronted like Tucker, Barnaby, Tuttuu (sp) and then the others like Rutuu, Kapsaritis, Niemenen and Varada. That's where I see the difference. If you're job is to hurt the opposition than be man enough to stand up for payback. Brash was wrong only because of when it happened. He had 3 calls already in the game before that trying to get at Kasparitis. The timing was bad and like mentioned the NHL is still trying to get past the Morre incident and Brash's actions could have been serious. Don't agree with the clasification as Brashear being a *****. Is he a spot picker yes, does he go after small players yeah, but he also will do the same with the tough guys. He's fought all the heavies for 13 years and along with Laraque has held the title as the toughest fighter in the league for at least 5.

Ginger sorry for not knowing you were here before. I don't remember you in the past.
FlyerNation

Post by FlyerNation »

Peter wrote:I wish we were as good as the Flyers.
That's not saying much. The Flyers are not that good of a hockey team. Perhaps if they can get healthy and bring in that one missing piece for Primeau but other than that this team is as lost and passionless since Hitch has arrived. I'm disguisted watching them night in and out.

Forsberg is lifeless, Rathje is god awful, Esche can't save a screened shot to save his life, Carter has shown little improvement, Brash doesn't know his role, Therein is well Therien, Nedved is the laziest SOB I've ever seen play, Knuble only thrives when his centerman is on fire, Handzus I love but has to do to much to carry his line, .......... I could go on and on.

Richards and Hatcher are the only two that give it that effort every night. Hatcher though isn't as mean and nasty as I want him to be. He's the new turn the other cheek Hatcher.

But man do I love Mike Richards.
Ginger
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by Ginger »

FlyerNation wrote:Good responses especially from my good friend NIN. :) I wasn't meaning to classify "Pittsburghers" as soft, quite the opposite in fact. Tough city with a blue collar attitude. How can anyone classify a town with an unmatched passion for the toughest sports (football) soft is beyond me. My point was the way the Pens/Flyers fans view the game. Yes in the early 90's the Pens were a complete team and as tough as they came. I would never deny a team with in my opinion one of the toughest players I ever saw Tocchet that they weren't tough. I think over the years, though the Pens and thier fans have been spoiled by the finesse brand of hockey due in large part to the amount of unbelievably skilled players that have been here.

The Flyers and thier fans have never gotten over the days of the Bullies. It's no different that Steelers fans for that matter. You will never hear a Steeler fans saying they don't want a hard nose tough smash mouth football team because that's the style that brought them thier glory years. Flyers fans appreciate the fights at times as much as winning. Is that logical? Probably not but then again it's their trademark style of play.

As for Kapsar, some of you might be right, Flyers fans probably would love him. However there are other pests in this league that are diryt that will drop the mits when confronted like Tucker, Barnaby, Tuttuu (sp) and then the others like Rutuu, Kapsaritis, Niemenen and Varada. That's where I see the difference. If you're job is to hurt the opposition than be man enough to stand up for payback. Brash was wrong only because of when it happened. He had 3 calls already in the game before that trying to get at Kasparitis. The timing was bad and like mentioned the NHL is still trying to get past the Morre incident and Brash's actions could have been serious. Don't agree with the clasification as Brashear being a *****. Is he a spot picker yes, does he go after small players yeah, but he also will do the same with the tough guys. He's fought all the heavies for 13 years and along with Laraque has held the title as the toughest fighter in the league for at least 5.

Ginger sorry for not knowing you were here before. I don't remember you in the past.
What can I say? I keep a low profile. :D

As far as living off a reputation from the past, that's fine as long as it's admirable. But being known as bullies or cheapshot players isn't an admirable quality imo. Cheapshot - bully - I'm sorry, but neither of these add up to 'tough'.
Bully by Websters definition is - A person who is habitually cruel or overbearing, especially to smaller or weaker people. (There's something to be proud of eh?)
Cheapshot - an illegal and unsportsmanlike act of unnecessary violence.

Tell me again why the Flyers fans are proud of their heritage as the 'Broad Street Bullies'?

The Flyers are not that good of a hockey team. Perhaps if they can get healthy and bring in that one missing piece for Primeau but other than that this team is as lost and passionless since Hitch has arrived. I'm disguisted watching them night in and out.

Forsberg is lifeless, Rathje is god awful, Esche can't save a screened shot to save his life, Carter has shown little improvement, Brash doesn't know his role, Therein is well Therien, Nedved is the laziest SOB I've ever seen play, Knuble only thrives when his centerman is on fire, Handzus I love but has to do to much to carry his line, .......... I could go on and on.

Richards and Hatcher are the only two that give it that effort every night. Hatcher though isn't as mean and nasty as I want him to be. He's the new turn the other cheek Hatcher.

But man do I love Mike Richards.
Brash doesn't use any sense at all, hence my remark about the single digit IQ pervading the Flyers. On top of the Moore/Bertuzzi incident, Brashear himself was a victim of McSorley a few years ago. I guess that didn't knock any sense into him either.
I will tell you I like Richards too. As well as Handzus. And Forsberg (healthy). But three men do not a hockey team make! This we learned in Pittsburgh. Mario & who? Jagr & who? Now Crosby & who?

Hey...you're more than welcome to Nedved tho'! Did that! Image
Peter

Post by Peter »

Flyers=76 Points
Penguins=39 points

I wish we were as good as the Flyers
Ginger
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by Ginger »

Peter wrote:Flyers=76 Points
Penguins=39 points

I wish we were as good as the Flyers
Yes Peter, you mentioned that before... :wink:
If wishes were horses, beggers would ride.

But heck! If you're wishing to be as good as a high point team, why not pick a classier team? Our friends the Canes have 88(?), the Sens have 83, Rangers 80...or shoot for the moon; Red Wings 85.
You don't have to be a Flyers fan. :D