TSN lists the top 10 FA Bargains

Forum for hockey posts that are not Penguins-related.
netwolf
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

TSN lists the top 10 FA Bargains

Post by netwolf »

Surprisingly, there are no Penguins on this list. :P However, ex-Pens Michal Rozsival (8) and Mikael Samuelsson (4) do make the list.

The top bargain? Yannic Perreault who has 49 points in 58 games to go along with winning 62.7% of his draws while making a scant (by NHL standards) $525,000.

I was one of many that suggested he'd be a good addition this summer. Looks like that was pretty accurate. :)

The full list is at http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/news_story/?ID=156819&hubname=nhl
jmh70

Post by jmh70 »

Samuelsson was brutal when he was in Pittsburgh. Now he has won a gold medal and has a decent shot at the cup.

Damn him.
the wicked child
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by the wicked child »

jmh70 wrote:Samuelsson was brutal when he was in Pittsburgh. Now he has won a gold medal and has a decent shot at the cup.

Damn him.
Remember though, the Pens included him in the deal to move up and get Fleury.

I'll take Fleury.
netwolf
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by netwolf »

jmh70 wrote:Samuelsson was brutal when he was in Pittsburgh. Now he has won a gold medal and has a decent shot at the cup.
I wonder how much of his turnaround has to do with the rules. It makes me wonder if Morozov could be an effective player, not that I'm campaigning for his return or anything.
FallenHero96
AHL'er
AHL'er

Re: TSN lists the top 10 FA Bargains

Post by FallenHero96 »

netwolf wrote:Surprisingly, there are no Penguins on this list. :P However, ex-Pens Michal Rozsival (8) and Mikael Samuelsson (4) do make the list.

The top bargain? Yannic Perreault who has 49 points in 58 games to go along with winning 62.7% of his draws while making a scant (by NHL standards) $525,000.

I was one of many that suggested he'd be a good addition this summer. Looks like that was pretty accurate. :)

The full list is at http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/news_story/?ID=156819&hubname=nhl
omg if anyone mentioned getting Perreault before this season, how quick they were jumped on.... I can remember plenty of people saying no way... and now he has 49 in 58.

Funny how things work out.
Kicksave
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Kicksave »

Those of you who said he might be a good fit, don't be so fast to pat yourself on your back yet.

1) The big knock on him wasn't that he wouldn't be effective, its that he becomes complacent and that he doesn't show up in big games.

2) How many teams past over him before Nashville gave him the league minimum? Don't get mad at the Penguins because they didn't sign him.

He'll go from being a hero to nothing if he doesn't show up in the playoffs.
netwolf
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by netwolf »

Kicksave wrote:Those of you who said he might be a good fit, don't be so fast to pat yourself on your back yet.

1) The big knock on him wasn't that he wouldn't be effective, its that he becomes complacent and that he doesn't show up in big games.

2) How many teams past over him before Nashville gave him the league minimum? Don't get mad at the Penguins because they didn't sign him.

He'll go from being a hero to nothing if he doesn't show up in the playoffs.
I'm already patting myself on the back, so you're too late. :P

1. I wish the Pens were in a position to have to worry about guiys disappearing in big games. If nothing else that would mean they were contending for a playoff spot.

2. I don't care how many other teams passed on him. This club had a gaping hole at center and they still do. I still can't believe they ever though Pirjeta was a viable option to center a scoring line.