AHL/WBS Pens games on XM - press releases

Forum for Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins and Wheeling Nailers messages.
Admin
Site Admin

AHL/WBS Pens games on XM - press releases

Post by Admin »

The American Hockey League announced today three more games to air on XM Satellite Radio and XM Canada this weekend. Earlier this week, the AHL announced that up to 15 games are scheduled to be heard on XM Satellite Radio and XM Canada. Games will air on XM's all-hockey Home Ice channel 204.

XM will air a pair of AHL doubleheaders this weekend, beginning with Saturday's West Division clash between the Houston Aeros and the Iowa Stars from the Wells Fargo Arena in Des Moines (2:05 ET). That game will be followed by the match-up between Manchester and Hershey that was announced earlier in the week. On Sunday at 1:05 ET, the Norfolk Admirals meet the Bridgeport Sound Tigers, followed at 4:05 ET by the league-leading Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins visiting the Providence Bruins.

The weekend gets underway with Friday night's broadcast of the 2005 Calder Cup Final rematch between the defending champion Philadelphia Phantoms and the Chicago Wolves at the Wachovia Center.

Upcoming AHL games on XM (all times Eastern):
Thursday, Feb. 16 Grand Rapids at Cleveland, 7:05
Friday, Feb. 17 Chicago at Philadelphia, 7:05
Saturday, Feb. 18 Houston at Iowa, 2:05
Saturday, Feb. 18 Manchester at Hershey, 7:00
Sunday, Feb. 19 Norfolk at Bridgeport, 1:05
Sunday, Feb. 19 Wilkes-Barre/Scranton at Providence, 4:05

Further additional broadcasts will be announced at a later date.
Admin
Site Admin

Re: Does anyone here have XM?

Post by Admin »

The Futuristic Bird wrote:Do you like it? Is it worth getting if only for hockey games?
I don't have sat. radio.
dboss
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Re: Does anyone here have XM?

Post by dboss »

The Futuristic Bird wrote:Do you like it? Is it worth getting if only for hockey games?
I have Sirius and to be honest I freakin' love it. If you listen to hockey games on the radio a lot, its probably not a bad deal. However, I can tell you that once I bought Sirius I haven't listened to any regular radio since (except for the local ESPN Radio station). I thought I was buying Sirius for one specific piece of content and that quickly changed. My thinking now is that I could never listen to radio again unless it was satellite radio.

Also, no I don't work for either XM or Sirius.