thought about the powerball drawing

Forum for posts that are not hockey-related.
fourtKNOX
AHL'er
AHL'er

thought about the powerball drawing

Post by fourtKNOX »

okay so the powerball drawing is at 365 million dollars... obviously that would be enough to cover the arena... but here is my question to all you bankers/intelligent ppl that can think about this without getting a headache...

say for instance somebody on this board would hit the powerball and nobody else hit the 6 digits, so all the money would be his/her... perhaps this person would be a diehard pittsburgh penguins fan, and more importantly read this post on letsgopens.com... and got a crazy idea from some crazy guy doped up on cold pills!

would this money along with loans/bonds be enough to buy the penguins and build an arena... im guessing not both... but then again... with bonds and such anything is really reasonable correct?

talk amongst yourselfs!

and ppl play the freakin power ball already! :P :lol: 8) :) :D
netwolf
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by netwolf »

Yeah, but after you had the taxes taken out, wouldn't you be left with a paltry $182 mil or so? :wink:
fourtKNOX
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by fourtKNOX »

a guy can dream right... if i took the payment style... could i buy the pens, and talk talk the rooneys into letting me ice Heinz over to play homegames there!?
netwolf
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by netwolf »

fourtKNOX wrote:a guy can dream right... if i took the payment style... could i buy the pens, and talk talk the rooneys into letting me ice Heinz over to play homegames there!?
Good luck with the ice in April over there. ;)

While you're at it, see if you can get Rooney to let Hines to lace up the skates. I have a feeling if he can skate, he'd be a heckuva hockey player. :D
penny lane
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

power-ball dreams

Post by penny lane »

I would donate monies to the new igloo for a LetsGoPens.com luxury box!
8) Plus invite any & all kids to see hockey live!

"While you're at it, see if you can get Rooney to let Hines to lace up the skates. I have a feeling if he can skate, he'd be a heckuva hockey player." about Hines He already has those ice cubes he wears as earrings. :P I wonder who will be the 1st hockey player, secure enough :?: to wear diamonds...in his ears.
Pitts
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Pitts »

If I win the Powerball, I'm NOT building an arena and buying the Pens! :P

I'm spending some cash on me and my family and plan on spending a good portion of the year on a beach or beaches somewhere far, far away!!!!!
penny lane
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

powerball dreaming...

Post by penny lane »

Pitts wrote:If I win the Powerball, I'm NOT building an arena and buying the Pens! :P

I'm spending some cash on me and my family and plan on spending a good portion of the year on a beach or beaches somewhere far, far away!!!!!
just the hint of money has changed you already! :P

when i win... :wink: i'll still work
Pitts
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Re: powerball dreaming...

Post by Pitts »

penny lane wrote:
Pitts wrote:If I win the Powerball, I'm NOT building an arena and buying the Pens! :P

just the hint of money has changed you already! :P

when i win... :wink: i'll still work
I will by a 41 game plan on a corporate suite at the "new" arena though! And I promise at least 6 LGP game nights per year! :D
pfim
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Re: thought about the powerball drawing

Post by pfim »

fourtKNOX wrote:okay so the powerball drawing is at 365 million dollars... obviously that would be enough to cover the arena... but here is my question to all you bankers/intelligent ppl that can think about this without getting a headache...

say for instance somebody on this board would hit the powerball and nobody else hit the 6 digits, so all the money would be his/her... perhaps this person would be a diehard pittsburgh penguins fan, and more importantly read this post on letsgopens.com... and got a crazy idea from some crazy guy doped up on cold pills!

would this money along with loans/bonds be enough to buy the penguins and build an arena... im guessing not both... but then again... with bonds and such anything is really reasonable correct?

talk amongst yourselfs!

and ppl play the freakin power ball already! :P :lol: 8) :) :D
The $365 is the annuity value. I haven't looked, but the cash value would probably be around 60% of that, and then you pay taxes...And no, I wouldn't buy the Penguins a new arena, I may buy the Penguins, though...
Admin
Site Admin

Re: thought about the powerball drawing

Post by Admin »

pfim wrote:The $365 is the annuity value. I haven't looked, but the cash value would probably be around 60% of that...
177.3M is the cash value.
sj?
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by sj? »

We usually figure about 40% off the top for taxws ..

Annuity $365 million -- $219 million after tax

Cash $177.3 miliion -- $106.4 million after tax

Not enough to buy a hockey team & build an arena !!!

I would like to design & own a nice luxury box in the new arena for me & couple hundred of my close friends !!!

The LGP luxury suite !!! 8)
Tinnick 23:58:00

Post by Tinnick 23:58:00 »

I'd surely throw down some cash on buying part of the Pens and a down payment on the arena.

I'd also buy luxury boxes at Heinz and the Pete for Pitt games, at PNC, at Blair County Ballpark (Altoona Curve) and try to get Saint Francis to start baseball and hockey teams.

Pitt-SFU showdowns for the Tinnick Trophy!

And concubines. Don't forget the concubines.
DelPen
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by DelPen »

If I ever win a lottery that big I am buying an ECHL team and building an arena near Savannah, GA
saveourpens
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by saveourpens »

I believe that you would have enough to partially build a new arena and buy the Pens. Powerball winnings are exempt from state income taxes in PA.