Game 29 vs. Leafs - Thoughts from the Morning After

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.
IntangibleBeer
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Game 29 vs. Leafs - Thoughts from the Morning After

Post by IntangibleBeer »

Gee, no one wanted to start this thread? Hard to believe. :lol:

In a word: Ugly!
  • For a game that KD had circled on his calendar, not showing up certainly makes a statement (of sorts). :face:
  • During an early penalty call (Ludvig fought someone), it looked like the Leaf coach was calling Sullivan out. :lol: Now, that might have been worth watching. The game was not. :roll:
  • Toronto scored in the first 2 minutes and by the end of the 1st it was 3-0. I confess I didn't watch the rest of the game. Various grade school sports leagues have a mercy rule. Maybe the NHL should consider that. :face:
Puck-Lurker
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Re: Game 29 vs. Leafs - Thoughts from the Morning After

Post by Puck-Lurker »

I tried to suffer through, but at 2:20ish AM, behind by 4-0 and a bad flu, I checked out. Pens had long given up by then. Defense kept breaking down, badly and the Leafs goals kept on coming. Going by the highlights after that 4th goal:
  • Graves gets beat 1-0
  • Carter gets his pocket picked in transition, POJ can't block the pass, 2-0
  • Zohorna fumbles the puck twice, juicy rebound in the slot 3-0
  • Puustinen and Letang both chase the puck and are too late to pick up the second attacker, 4-0
  • Pettersson doesn't pick up Tavares on the Zohorna penalty, 5-0
  • Guentzel late with the stick on the Malkin penalty, from the slot 6-0
  • Four Pens ahead of the puck after a high Pettersson pinch, Karlsson can't block the pass, 7-0
Highlights this game.. Ludvig has some snarl at least? Big lad not afraid to scrap apparently.

That's all I had. We got completely stomped.

Fire Sullivan.
Pens Fans Sweden
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Post by Pens Fans Sweden »

Puck-Lurker wrote: Sun Dec 17, 2023 12:52 pmHighlights this game.. Ludvig has some snarl at least? Big lad not afraid to scrap apparently.
Ludvig is quickly growing on me. The Penguins sure needs more players like him, players who might not be the most talented but who plays with heart and edge! Games aren't won on talent alone; will, power, desire and hunger goes a long way.
stonewizard51
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by stonewizard51 »

There are no highlights or thoughts about this game. They stunk up the place.
PaLionking
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Post by PaLionking »

Toronto showed up. Pittsburgh was still in Montreal. Coach has lost the room. Time for a change at the bench. They almost look as good as they did when Johnson was coach.
Weegie
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Post by Weegie »

PaLionking wrote: Sun Dec 17, 2023 5:08 pm They almost look as good as they did when Johnson was coach.
I think you meant to say Johnston? We could only hope they looked as good as when Badger Bob Johnson was coach, that would be awesome!!

Yesterday sucked for me, Pens got tromped, my Broncos got walloped, got flashes and an eye floater, great day all the way around... :thumbdown:
Cow_Master66
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by Cow_Master66 »

Not at anyone directly, but the "they didn't show up" narrative is tired. They show up every game, they just ain't that good dudes....
Dynasty1970
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Dynasty1970 »

Cow_Master66 wrote: Mon Dec 18, 2023 4:13 pm Not at anyone directly, but the "they didn't show up" narrative is tired. They show up every game, they just ain't that good dudes....
True…..I think they are complacent. They know how hard it is to win the cup, let alone to get past the first round. They know they won’t be getting another sip out of the cup in the Burgh. It’s over. Done. The players see it, Sully sees it. GMKD sees it. Time to start wheelin and dealin to find the next Kris Beech.