Fenway Sports Golfers?

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.
FLPensFan
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Fenway Sports Golfers?

Post by FLPensFan »

Sounds like FSG may be getting into the golfing business:

Fenway Sports Group, which owns the Boston Red Sox, Pittsburgh Penguins, Liverpool F.C. of the Premier League and other sports properties, has emerged as one of the leading U.S.-based investors, along with KKR & Co. investment firm co-founder Henry Kravis.

https://www.espn.com/golf/story/_/id/39 ... irm-target
Antonio
AHL'er
AHL'er

Re: Fenway Sports Golfers?

Post by Antonio »

Why not? They seem to spend way more time on the links than paying attention to the state of this team, so it makes sense.
yinzer69
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Post by yinzer69 »

Antonio wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2023 11:54 am Why not? They seem to spend way more time on the links than paying attention to the state of this team, so it makes sense.
They literally fired the whole Hextall regime and hired Dubas this summer. What else do you want FSG to do? They aren't going to and shouldn't be making any kind of hockey decisions.
dark_forces
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by dark_forces »

yinzer69 wrote: Fri Dec 01, 2023 10:19 am
Antonio wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2023 11:54 am Why not? They seem to spend way more time on the links than paying attention to the state of this team, so it makes sense.
They literally fired the whole Hextall regime and hired Dubas this summer. What else do you want FSG to do? They aren't going to and shouldn't be making any kind of hockey decisions.
I second this. They've done a lot, as far as I'm concerned, in their brief ownership tenure.
Antonio
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Antonio »

It was a joke based on how last season they seemed completely out to lunch as to everything with the team from Mario getting pushed out to Hextall etc, and how even the ownership neglect was part of the endless problems. Goodness. Guess that did not come through. At this stage, Dubas is the only one to blame for not firing Sullivan...unless FSG is stopping it. :scared:
yinzer69
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Post by yinzer69 »

I don't think there has been any ownership neglect. FSG knew what they were doing, firing Hextall in-season made little sense. FFS they had their target and hired him and paid good $$ for him plus allowed to expand the FO staff (which cost money), spent 30 million on arena upgrades. As far as Mario, who knows I think its a combo between some disagreements and maybe just wanting to take some time away from hockey.
FSG could very well be stopping Dubas from firing Sullivan I won't deny that although with Dubas' level of autonomy (and his desire to run the whole show) I have my doubts. Maybe he couldn't fire Sullivan this past off season but I think going forward he has free reign.

We all know you hate Sullivan, Dubas and FSG.
Dynasty1970
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Dynasty1970 »

yinzer69 wrote: Fri Dec 01, 2023 10:19 am
FIRE SULLY!! Duh, it’s what we all want.
yinzer69
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Post by yinzer69 »

I think Sullivan deserves blame but is firing him going to make Zohorna a real 3rd liner who can score? Is firing Sullivan going to make magically the bottom 6 better? Is firing Sullivan going to fix the PP (I am pretty sure the coaches are NOT telling these guys to over pass,not shoot and stay on the perimeter). Is firing Sullivan going to make the core younger?