Roller Hockey Rinks in Pittsburgh Area?

Forum for hockey posts that are not Penguins-related.
FrogGoalie40

Roller Hockey Rinks in Pittsburgh Area?

Post by FrogGoalie40 »

Does anyone happen to know of any dek/roller hockey rinks that are open to the public in the Pittsburgh area? I just got my son a pair of roller hockey skates and am looking to get some for myself to get back into the game, but we (me at least haha!) could use some practice!

I know of DekStar and Team Pittsburgh's rink. As far as I know, the owners of these 2 rinks don't mind if you stop by and use it if there are no league games/practices scheduled, but they don't allow the use of roller hockey skates on the dek. I also know of rinks in Green Tree, Etna, Bloomfield, North Park and South Park, but I'm not sure of their roller hockey skate use policies, and if you're able to just show up and use the rink if it's not in use.

Anyone happen to know of any rinks in the Pittsburgh area where you can just show up and use it if it's not being used by leagues (and can roller hockey skates be used)? Thanks for any info!
dey soff
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Re: Roller Hockey Rinks in Pittsburgh Area?

Post by dey soff »

RMU Island Sports Center has two inline rinks that offer stick times usually 12-4 PM.

I'm sure there are outdoor rinks available. Wheeling WV has a free outdoor rink that would be perfect but that might be too far.