Boudreau gets the boot

Forum for hockey posts that are not Penguins-related.
KG
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Boudreau gets the boot

Post by KG »

Just got fired from Anaheim. They've won the division like 8 years in a row. Tough fire. Perry going goalless against the Preds in a 7 game series probably cost him his job.

Their GM keeps getting a pass too...
Durbano
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Re: Boudreau gets the boot

Post by Durbano »

Not a surprise despite his regular-season success. Have to wonder if this is the end of the line for him, though. He's 61 and the post-season flops are bound to scare off potential employers. I doubt he needs the money -- he's been at it a while.

He actually seemed pretty cool early in his tenure in DC, but turned into a jerk.
Humperdink
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Humperdink »

Boudreau had a minor role in the movie Slapshot, maybe that's his calling.
bhaw
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by bhaw »

Durbano wrote:Not a surprise despite his regular-season success. Have to wonder if this is the end of the line for him, though. He's 61 and the post-season flops are bound to scare off potential employers. I doubt he needs the money -- he's been at it a while.

He actually seemed pretty cool early in his tenure in DC, but turned into a jerk.
There are a few teams that would love some regular season success at this point. If he wants, I'm sure there's a job for him somewhere. Might not be taking over a team close to winning it all, but a team who just wants to win some games.
IntangibleBeer
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by IntangibleBeer »

From the "truly conflicted department", I just saw this on the NHL Network's scrolling marquee:

Anaheim names Randy Carlyle as head coach.

:shock:

Wasn't he the coach they fired and replaced with "Gabby"?

Truth is stranger than fiction, it appears.
Sigwolf
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Sigwolf »

Anaheim apparently can't get enough fat, balding coaches that always have an excuse why their team never does anything wrong... it was someone else's fault.
IntangibleBeer
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by IntangibleBeer »

Sigwolf wrote:Anaheim apparently can't get enough fat, balding coaches that always have an excuse why their team never does anything wrong... it was someone else's fault.
OK, I thought I was seeing things, or the scrolling marquee was wrong, or I was having a recurring delusion. :scared:

You're right. It's not like either Boudreau or Carlyle have done anything badly. The Ducks have been in the playoffs repeatedly.
ville5
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by ville5 »

IntangibleBeer wrote:From the "truly conflicted department", I just saw this on the NHL Network's scrolling marquee:

Anaheim names Randy Carlyle as head coach.

:shock:

Wasn't he the coach they fired and replaced with "Gabby"?

Truth is stranger than fiction, it appears.
Strange indeed. Carlyle I think is a good enough coach, but there's rumors he doesn't mesh well with their top players. :shrug:
What's even stranger is Yeo getting the vacancy in St. Louis.