Bubble Hockey Table

Forum for hockey posts that are not Penguins-related.
piratespenguin

Bubble Hockey Table

Post by piratespenguin »

Hi all,

Long time lurker, and first post here. I'm assuming that some of you have a bubble hockey table, and I was hoping that I could get some advice if you do. My son has been begging me to get one for years, and I have finally decided to get one for his birthday. I can not decide which I should buy. They are quite expensive, so getting someone else's opinion would be greatly appreciated!

I am planning on getting one of these: http://bestbubblehockey.com/

I think it is safe to say that the Super Chexx bubble hockey table is as good as it gets, but I guess my main question is whether or not purchasing it is worth it. It looks like I could order a Pens would which one be extra cool, and these Chexx bubble hockey tables are the ones that I seem to recognize the most from local places. However, would a carrom work just as well for a lot cheaper of price?
If I am missing any other options that you could recommend, I would love to hear them as well.
-thanks
MSL2
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Re: Bubble Hockey Table

Post by MSL2 »

I don't know about the carrom, but although the Super Chexx is expensive it is awesome. I bought a used Super Chexx that was 1 year old for approx. $2100. I had it for 9 years, had no issues and just sold it the other week for $1900. There were a handful of people interested and it sold within days of advertising it only on Craigslist. So it basically cost me $200. to own it for 9 years, I think thats really good. If I wouldn't be moving I wouldn't have sold it.

I assume that you already know all of the cool features of the Super Chexx? Like the sensors around the crease that makes the crowd go "Ohhh" when the puck goes through the crease or the goalie makes a save. They also count the shots on goal. There is organ music and commentary throughout the game, national anthem and more.

BTW, welcome to the board!
Sigwolf
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Sigwolf »

I would be seriously interested in a Super Chexx if they made a deluxe version with about *anyone* other than Rick Jeanneret announcing. I cannot watch a game, Pens or not, with him announcing unless it is one mute. I couldn't spend a few grand on a table that "features" him. There is no one more annoying in hockey broadcasting aside from the morons in Washington.
Jim
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Jim »

I always love playing rod hockey when I was younger. It was the first thing that I looked for at the pool hall, roller rink, etc. The house I bought has a huge open basement. Craigslist enabled me to get a pool table, an air hockey table and a rod hockey table. They were set up so all three could be played at the same time during a party. The air hockey is probably used a little more than the pool table... the rod hockey barely ever got touched. After about a year I re-sold the rod hockey to open more room... it was not missed. Just a word of caution on spending a lot on one right away. Maybe get a cheap one to make sure that it will get the use that you think it will. You can then CL the cheap one and invest on the top end one.
PenguinSteve-o
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by PenguinSteve-o »

Ya, I bought an old bubble hockey game, style Carrom, for $50 on a Facebook yard sale site. Its about 6 years old but almost perfect shape. I had to buy it since it was so cheap. Same on was going for $200-300 on craigslist.