Patrick Kane out 12 weeks

Forum for hockey posts that are not Penguins-related.
Humperdink
AHL'er
AHL'er

Patrick Kane out 12 weeks

Post by Humperdink »

http://espn.go.com/chicago/nhl/story/_/ ... d-12-weeks" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Sarcastic
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Re: Patrick Kane out 12 weeks

Post by Sarcastic »

I really feel sorry for the club. Not really a big fan of Kane, but this devastates them for the playoffs. He might be back in the end, if they get there. I want teams to be at full strength, even Pens' opponents.
dodint
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by dodint »

Do you suppose the Hawks fan base felt the same on 3/30/2013? Or are injuries an accepted part of the game that every team has to overcome? Hoping for full health on all Cup contender teams feel like a fruitless effort.

Every team is always injured, I don't even think about it anymore. Do you think if Crosby can come back and get the Art Ross that the Kane injury diminishes it? Is MSL's diminished because he stayed healthy while Crosby and Stamkos didn't?
Sarcastic
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Sarcastic »

Don't know how they felt, but all I can do is go with what I'm feeling. If Sid went out like that, it'd feel like a whole season wasted. It's also one thing for a marginal player to go down and then it's biggest star. I agree with what you say, it just doesn't feel like a proper Hawks team without him.
SolidSnake
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by SolidSnake »

Wow this is news to me
Humperdink
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Humperdink »

I watched the Kane-less Blackhawks lose to the Bolts last night 4-0. I know a one game sample is not indicative, but Blackhawks's hearts were not in this game. Slow and sluggish is an apt description.
IMFC
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by IMFC »

Yeah, cry me a river, it's their turn, so what. You want them to win the cup every other year while everyone else deals with playoff killing injuries? Boo hoo.
dodint
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by dodint »

:lol:

I was just saying apathy is okay. But there is that response, too. ;)
DudeMan2766
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by DudeMan2766 »

I even more now hope Crosby wins the Art Ross just to hear all the crying that its tainted because Kane got hurt, while ignoring that's happened to Sid 3 times already.