Eric Lindros is a @##$@#$^

Forum for hockey posts that are not Penguins-related.
FLPensFan
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Eric Lindros is a @##$@#$^

Post by FLPensFan »

So Lindros apparently doesn't like the fact that Paul Stewart's version of Lindros's actions in two instances portray him in a negative light, and is suing Stewart and Huffington Post for $3M in defamation suit.

First, here is the article in question, which is a pretty good read in general: Stewart Article

If you want to only read the points specifically about Lindros, they are in this article which lists his lawsuit as well as the pertinent excerpts from Stewart's article: Lindros Lawsuit

Notice Lindros lawyer really doesn't try to dispute what was said. They simply state that Stewart's restating of those conversations is hurting his client. They do dispute that Lindros ripped up the posters.

Sounds like someone has a bunch of sour grapes that he can't take back what an @$$ he was at times.
jwest21
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Re: Eric Lindros is a @##$@#$^

Post by jwest21 »

HA! I was just reading that article. Maybe he can't remember being a "d**khead" because of the concussions. One disturbing thing from Stewart's side was that he said he wasn't giving Lindros any benefit of the doubt like he would other players. We all know refs do it, but it still bothers me. A penalty is a penalty. This is the quote I was referring to:
"I did NOT go out of my way to "invent" penalties on Lindros -- or any player -- but I wasn't going to give that guy a break on anything borderline that I might have let slide with a player who had gained acceptability with me. "
Mr. Colby
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by Mr. Colby »

The "a penalty is a penalty" thing really isn't true at all. You play dozens of games under the same officials... part of being a good official is getting a feel for the game, the matchup, the players. You're going to let an honest player get away with more than a scum bag like Steve Downie or Zac Rinaldo. It's part of keeping control of the game.
Mr. Colby
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by Mr. Colby »

FLPensFan wrote: Notice Lindros lawyer really doesn't try to dispute what was said. They simply state that Stewart's restating of those conversations is hurting his client. They do dispute that Lindros ripped up the posters.
The fact that they are suing for defamation is in and of itself disputing that he ripped up the posters. By definition, it can only be defamation if the statement was false.
FLPensFan
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by FLPensFan »

Mr. Colby wrote:
FLPensFan wrote: Notice Lindros lawyer really doesn't try to dispute what was said. They simply state that Stewart's restating of those conversations is hurting his client. They do dispute that Lindros ripped up the posters.
The fact that they are suing for defamation is in and of itself disputing that he ripped up the posters. By definition, it can only be defamation if the statement was false.
Thanks for the clarification. Also, it has since come out that Lindros apparently was seeking 3M in damages.....his lawyer amended it down to 250K.
Gabe
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by Gabe »

Mr. Colby wrote:The "a penalty is a penalty" thing really isn't true at all. You play dozens of games under the same officials... part of being a good official is getting a feel for the game, the matchup, the players. You're going to let an honest player get away with more than a scum bag like Steve Downie or Zac Rinaldo. It's part of keeping control of the game.
Similarly, I think this is analogous to getting pulled over by a cop. If you are polite and compliant with the officer, he/she may let you go with just a warning. If you act like a complete a-hole, you're taking home a ticket.
Kraftster
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Kraftster »

The fact that Evers denies the story makes this at least a bit interesting. Defamation cases are difficult, especially for public figures, but I can understand why Lindros would pursue this.
Sigwolf
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Sigwolf »

Shouldn't the thread title have the word "still" in there? :twisted:
Tico Rick
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by Tico Rick »

Sigwolf wrote:Shouldn't the thread title have the word "still" in there? :twisted:
:thumb:
RxBandit66
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by RxBandit66 »

Stewart isn't exactly the most reputable character either...but yeah, Lindros always was a self-serving, entitled crybaby...

....and wow, he really got fat tho!!!
Humperdink
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Humperdink »

After reading the article I am a bit disappointed Stewart would do a kiss and tell on former players. The Lindros situation was one thing, but to list his top five whiners was a bit too much for me. Classless, in my opinion. I suspect some former players have some unflattering anecdotes on Stewart.
pens_srq
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by pens_srq »

Lindros does suck.

But a penalty is in fact a penalty and the league gets away with murder basically controlling games by giving these guys leeway like this. This is why they can "ref the score". Sorry but I don't have a problem with a player that has a problem with these @#%@s that represent the worst part of the league.

Wonder if refs blame the Pens for softening the game? Are the headshots and the Matt Cooke incidents enough for bias against the entire organization? I'd ridiculous to me when time and again these guys retire and state what ridiculous leeway they had. Yet no one calls them on it. Do NFL refs say things like this?
llipgh2
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by llipgh2 »

Lindros and Stewart are both arrogant jackasses.
Pitt87
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star
Location: Admin wrote:Rooting for the Flyers is not allowed here. Seriously.

Post by Pitt87 »

That is all.