Red army

Forum for hockey posts that are not Penguins-related.
KennyTheKangaroo
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Red army

Post by KennyTheKangaroo »

Has anyone else heard of this documentary and does anyone know of any showings around pixksburgh
mikey287
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Re: Red army

Post by mikey287 »

I've heard of it, but I don't know how to find what things play in which theatres...but I do want to see it...
penny lane
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by penny lane »

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/11/13/sport ... .html?_r=0" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Good article. It speaks of a limited run... in a few cities. January 23 is it suppose to be playing in more cities.
Funny how a person doesn't know hockey, saw the movie and then went to the cup final game last year.
All she said was, they are banging into one and other. Versus the flow of the CCCP teams. 8-)
The former Russian defenseman Vyacheslav Fetisov remembered the spiritual sensation of being in perfect sync with his teammates.

“We felt each other in our cells,” he said.
MalkinIsMyHomeboy
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by MalkinIsMyHomeboy »

it would be awesome if Bill Simmons could get his hands on this and use it for the 30 for 30 series, but that's pretty unlikey
Das boot
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Post by Das boot »

It was shown at the three rivers film festival in November.

I thought it was a very good documentary. Went with a friend who isn't a huge hockey fan and they really enjoyed it as well. Would recommend seeing it once it is available. I think they're releasing it to the Itunes store too, but not sure when.
penny lane
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by penny lane »

James Mirtle ‏@mirtle 4m4 minutes ago

Wow Slava Fetisov is on the Daily Show tomorrow http://thedailyshow.cc.com/guests/viacheslav-fetisov" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; … via @RedArmyMovie
I hope this means more release dates for the movie!
penny lane
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by penny lane »

per Mark Madden~ Red Army will be at the Hollywood Theater in Dormont, March ~ 13, 14, and 15.
On Friday, I think he is having someone from the movie production on his show.
http://www.thehollywooddormont.org/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
shoeshine boy
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by shoeshine boy »

I saw this in ATL on Saturday. I learned a LOT about the Red Army that I didn't know. one thing bothered me though, in the Miracle on Ice game they had the order of goals wrong. the way they showed it it looked like Johnson scored the 4th goal rather than Rizzo.