I'll be in Erie Saturday for the Conner McDavid show

Forum for hockey posts that are not Penguins-related.
llipgh2
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

I'll be in Erie Saturday for the Conner McDavid show

Post by llipgh2 »

I saw him 2 years ago, and he was amazing. Can't wait to see him again.

Anybody on this board from Erie? If you plan to go to the game, let me know. We can meet for a beer.
Pruezy11881
AHL'er
AHL'er

Re: I'll be in Erie Saturday for the Conner McDavid show

Post by Pruezy11881 »

I would join you, but we have a birthday celebration to hit up.

Have fun at the game and enjoy the show...team is absolutely on fire!
meow
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by meow »

Ugh, this is the only game I can't make this year, so I had to sell my tickets.
DocEmrick
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by DocEmrick »

I'll be there Saturday. We planned this about 2 weeks ago, I'll be up in Meadville for a birthday party then off to downtown dreary Erie, I'm excited to see him. The hype train is moving fast on him
llipgh2
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by llipgh2 »

If you want to meet up for a beer Doc, just send me a pm.
Caputi19
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by Caputi19 »

He is everything right now that you would expect. He is just flat out that much better than everybody else in that league. Being able to watch him since he came here to Erie, he is stronger and faster than last yr which is scary. Only downfall if you call it that is that he tries to take the puck to the net maybe more than his should. Guy whos kinda flying under the radar because of Mcdavid is Dylan Strome. Kid will end up being picked in top 4
pcm
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by pcm »

Caputi19 wrote:Only downfall if you call it that is that he tries to take the puck to the net maybe more than his should.
downfall? That's usually a good thing... unless you mean beat everyone 1 on 1? Care to elaborate?
pcm
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by pcm »

I secretly hope McDavid ends up in Colorado.
Pruezy11881
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Pruezy11881 »

pcm wrote:
Caputi19 wrote:Only downfall if you call it that is that he tries to take the puck to the net maybe more than his should.
downfall? That's usually a good thing... unless you mean beat everyone 1 on 1? Care to elaborate?
I think that is what he is referring to. It doesn't happen all the time, but he's a good player, and levels above the competition and I think that McDavid has tried to use that to his advantage on 1v1 or 1v2 situations. It seems like he's trying to undress a defender(s) with a highlight reel move, get in on the goalie and make a sick move for the goal. And he accomplishes this more often than not. He's still young and learning (as good as he is) and over time against better competition, he will improve on those type of situations. But let's not get it twisted, it's a privilege to watch this kid work his magic.
Beveridge
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Beveridge »

I hope he ends up in Buffalo. I think him to that city would do for hockey what Crosby did for Pittsburgh.

It would be a shame if he ended up in Carolina or Florida or Edmonton (to an extent). I'm cheering for Buffalo.
Great58
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Great58 »

What makes this Saturday the Connor McDavid show, more than any other Otters game? I plan to make it to at least one game this season. Not sure if one game is "better" than another?
Beveridge
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Beveridge »

LOL, weird question. Pretty sure every game is the Connor McDavid show and he just happens to be going to this particular showing.
llipgh2
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by llipgh2 »

Beveridge wrote:LOL, weird question. Pretty sure every game is the Connor McDavid show and he just happens to be going to this particular showing.
Almost right...she is going to this particular game. 8-)
Beveridge
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Beveridge »

llipgh2 wrote:
Beveridge wrote:LOL, weird question. Pretty sure every game is the Connor McDavid show and he just happens to be going to this particular showing.
Almost right...she is going to this particular game. 8-)
Sorry! :oops: Sometimes I'm not careful with those pronouns.
llipgh2
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by llipgh2 »

Game was so much fun. Erie won 8-1.

McDavid was awesome, as expected. But the entire team is fun to watch.

Crowd was really into it. Only thing that ruined it were the drunk, college age kids. As the game progressed they became progressively obnoxious. One funny thing - taunting the opposing goalie by chanting his name...and then realizing he had been pulled and you were taunting the wrong guy.
Kovy27
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Kovy27 »

llipgh2 wrote:Game was so much fun. Erie won 8-1.

McDavid was awesome, as expected. But the entire team is fun to watch.

Crowd was really into it. Only thing that ruined it were the drunk, college age kids. As the game progressed they became progressively obnoxious. One funny thing - taunting the opposing goalie by chanting his name...and then realizing he had been pulled and you were taunting the wrong guy.
So...it sounded like a 90s playoff game where Kolzig was chanted all the time. LOL
DudeMan2766
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by DudeMan2766 »

Great58 wrote:What makes this Saturday the Connor McDavid show, more than any other Otters game? I plan to make it to at least one game this season. Not sure if one game is "better" than another?
lol even EPP thinks you took this way too literal.
dodint
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by dodint »

Rangers broadcast just showed McDavid going to the hospital with a hand injury after beating the hell out of some kid. Smart.
Staggy
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Staggy »

He was in distress as soon as the refs broke up the fight. He threw his stick on the way to the locker room, you know he was immediately thinking why the **** did I fight that scrub
Kraftster
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Kraftster »

Looked like he punched the glass.
djlm
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by djlm »

[youtube][/youtube]
meow
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by meow »

I was at the game. Cianfrone was taking runs at McDavid all evening - leaving his position to make a hit 3 or 4 seconds after the puck was gone, slashing him after the whistles, typical pest stuff. Not a big deal. Erie doesn't have an enforcer type, so they usually handle this type of stuff with a pack mentality. McDavid must have just had enough. He started the ball rolling on the altercation with a slash. His hand broke when he hit the glass.

I hope everyone has their hard hats ready to withstand the barrage of anti-fighting articles that will flood the media in the coming days.
mikey287
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by mikey287 »

Good for him standing up for himself. Unfortunate injury, but he'll be fine.
llipgh2
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by llipgh2 »

meow wrote:I was at the game. Cianfrone was taking runs at McDavid all evening - leaving his position to make a hit 3 or 4 seconds after the puck was gone, slashing him after the whistles, typical pest stuff. Not a big deal. Erie doesn't have an enforcer type, so they usually handle this type of stuff with a pack mentality. McDavid must have just had enough. He started the ball rolling on the altercation with a slash. His hand broke when he hit the glass.

I hope everyone has their hard hats ready to withstand the barrage of anti-fighting articles that will flood the media in the coming days.
I noticed the after the whistle stuff on Saturday. But it wasn't as bad as this seemed to be.
meow
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by meow »

llipgh2 wrote:
meow wrote:I was at the game. Cianfrone was taking runs at McDavid all evening - leaving his position to make a hit 3 or 4 seconds after the puck was gone, slashing him after the whistles, typical pest stuff. Not a big deal. Erie doesn't have an enforcer type, so they usually handle this type of stuff with a pack mentality. McDavid must have just had enough. He started the ball rolling on the altercation with a slash. His hand broke when he hit the glass.

I noticed the after the whistle stuff on Saturday. But it wasn't as bad as this seemed to be.
When you are as highly touted as McDavid is, the bullseye on your back is bigger than your back.