Anybody have any old goalie pads with good leg straps?

Forum for hockey posts that are not Penguins-related.
ajh2298
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Anybody have any old goalie pads with good leg straps?

Post by ajh2298 »

I need two sets of straps with buckles for my sons dek hockey gaolie pads. I just need the regular kind with a buckle on one end and the strap with holes on it at the other. These would be for older Vaughn pads for under the shoe/skate boot.
meow
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Re: Anybody have any old goalie pads with good leg straps?

Post by meow »

http://www.hockeyworld.com/index/page/c ... ER_id%3A29" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Should find what you need here.
ajh2298
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by ajh2298 »

meow wrote:http://www.hockeyworld.com/index/page/c ... ER_id%3A29

I really was tyring to avoid spending $30.00 on pads that are maybe worth $80-$100 tops. If these were his ice hockey pads I would have no problem buying replacement straps. I was kind of looking for a used or generic option to get him through.
meow
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by meow »

ajh2298 wrote:

I really was tyring to avoid spending $30.00 on pads that are maybe worth $80-$100 tops. If these were his ice hockey pads I would have no problem buying replacement straps. I was kind of looking for a used or generic option to get him through.
What about just using an old skate lace?
ajh2298
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by ajh2298 »

meow wrote:
ajh2298 wrote:

What about just using an old skate lace?
I might just do that or maybe try and rig something up with elastic. My wife has a leather belt that is thin enough to work but she only has one and she will kill me if I take it.
meow
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by meow »

I'm not sure how your strap arrangement is, but if you have three calf straps, you can take the middle one out and use it.
ajh2298
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by ajh2298 »

meow wrote:I'm not sure how your strap arrangement is, but if you have three calf straps, you can take the middle one out and use it.

Never thought of that might see how that works for him. I know he needs the one under his foot more than he needs the middle strap.
meow
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by meow »

ajh2298 wrote:
meow wrote:I'm not sure how your strap arrangement is, but if you have three calf straps, you can take the middle one out and use it.

Never thought of that might see how that works for him. I know he needs the one under his foot more than he needs the middle strap.
Try the lace first before you start pirating straps. Once you pull the calf strap out, good luck getting it back through if you change your mind.
ajh2298
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by ajh2298 »

I ended up finding a set of womans black leather belts at CW Price for $5.00 other than being shinier than the other straps they work perfect.