***CLUE WARS GAME THREAD***

Forum for NHR "Wars" Games
Kraftster
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

***CLUE WARS GAME THREAD***

Post by Kraftster »

Thank you, guests, for coming downstairs in the middle of the night to help me gather the necessary information for the authorities. Please make your way back to your rooms immediately and be sure to lock your doors. I look forward to seeing you all in the morning.

It is now night 1. RP's send your PM's to Kraftster and Benny Fitz. If you did not receive a PM, you are just a regular guest.

No night talking. Anything remotely construed as a strategic post will have negative in-game consequences up to and including an immediate mod kill.

Deadline is 2pm.
count2infinity
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Re: ***CLUE WARS GAME THREAD***

Post by count2infinity »

mod kill me, i dare you.
Spoiler:
just kidding, just kidding, enjoy the game guys!
Zarovich
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Zarovich »

Kraftster wrote:No night talking. Anything remotely construed as a strategic post will have negative in-game consequences up to and including an immediate mod kill.
I see this as ambiguous. Why just say no night talking regardless of what is posted. Only in the instance a post is made at the same time as a write-up. Just sayin' :pop:
Benny Fitz
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by Benny Fitz »

PM's in. Write-Up imminent.
pittsports87
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by pittsports87 »

zzzzzz
Benny Fitz
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by Benny Fitz »

Good morning, guests. Please allow me to again apologize for the disturbance last night. As I said, a dreadful incident occurred in the Mansion which required immediate attention. Thank you again for your cooperation.

Unfortunately, I'm afraid that, due to the serious nature of the situation and the events which transpired after our meeting last night, I can no longer in good conscience withhold the information about last night's events.

Prior to my calling you all down here, a member of my staff was found murdered. I contacted the authorities at once and they instructed me to obtain a copy of our guest list for their arrival. Soon thereafter, the power went out, and, as you know, everyone was summoned to the lobby. I then waited for the authorities to arrive to provide them with the manifest. As time passed I became more troubled by our plight. The phones and power were out, and it had been well over two hours since my call, yet, there was no sign of the police. I sent Ulu, the Mansion butler, out to check the road; fearing the weather may have gotten the better of them. Unfortunately, it seemed the severity of the storms had caused the river to flood the bridge whereby preventing the authorities from reaching us -- likely for several days.

Overhearing our dilemma on the way back to their room, one of the guest approached me last night and informed me that he was an off duty officer and volunteered his services. Not knowing what else I could do to ensure our safety, I readily accepted his offer. He asked that I not mention his presence to the other guests so as not to arise any suspicion from the guilty. I agreed. You may be asking yourself why then would I be telling you this now? This is most unsettling, but it seems that honoring that commitment is no longer necessary as bhaw was found murdered this morning. I discovered his body in the library apparently stabbed to death with a knife, and he was clenching a bow-tie in his fist. There were no other clues other than his possessions; a key to the billiard room , a wrench, and a wristband.

Bhaw was
Spoiler:
The Detective
It's dreadful of me to say this, but at this point with no way on or off the island; everyone needs to exercise extreme caution. I can no longer guarantee your safety...

It is now Day 1. Some rules/information:

Each day will involve a vote for an accusation and a vote for a question to be asked of Mr. Stybenter.

The accusation vote is straightforward and follows normal rules. Commands are “accuse bhaw” and “un-accuse bhaw”. With 19 players left today it takes 10 votes to accuse today.

The question vote will work as follows:
Every player may propose one question per day which they want to ask Frank Stybenter. Due to the surveillance in the hotel that Frank has access to, he is able to answer yes or no questions about a single clue relating to a single player or a group of players. For example, “Does bhaw have a key to the Billiard Room?” or “Did one of the voters on bhaw have a key to the billiard Room?” or “Did two of the voters on bhaw have a key to the Billiard Room?” etc.

After a player has proposed a question, you may vote for that question to be asked by voting: “bhaw’s question”. The question that is asked of the mods on a given day will be the question with the most votes at the time that the limit/time limit for the “accuse” vote is reached. Frank will answer the question in the day phase write up. Obviously the no night talking rules apply with respect to the information provided by Frank before the night phase begins.
Spoiler:
Room 1: the wicked child
Room 2: mac5155
Room 3: thehockeyguru
Room 4: the errey i breathe
Room 5: LITT
Room 6: MWB
Room 7: relantel
Room 8: Gaucho
Room 9: ExPatriatePen
Room 10: Rylan
Room 11: columbia
Room 12: obhave
Room 13: bhaw (key to the billiard room, wrench, wristband, Detective was killed on Night 1 in the Library with a knife, and he held a bow tie in his fist.
Room 14: IrishEyes
Room 15: Troy Loney
Room 16: pittsports87
Room 17: newarenanow
Room 18: shafnutz05
Room 19: redwill
Room 20: Zarovich
IrishEyes
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by IrishEyes »

:shock: Holy crap. That's a lot to remember.
columbia
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by columbia »

Information-o-rama.
Reaches for Google docs to create a game log....
pittsports87
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by pittsports87 »

I take back my zzzz's comment after seeing the write-up.
Rylan
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Rylan »

holy information batman
shafnutz05
NHL First Liner
NHL First Liner

Post by shafnutz05 »

Awesome writeup, this game is going to be fun
shafnutz05
NHL First Liner
NHL First Liner

Post by shafnutz05 »

Were there any other guests that were wearing a bowtie earlier that night?
ExPatriatePen
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
Location: Source, Destination, Protocol, Port, size, sequence number, check sum... Yep, that about covers it.

Post by ExPatriatePen »

Hmmmm. If the question were my choice, I'd ask "which, if any, of the items found in Bhaw's possession were items that originally belonged to the slain staff member?"[\ color]
Troy Loney
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Troy Loney »

can only be yes or no questions
IrishEyes
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by IrishEyes »

I don't know that that question will work, shaf. The question has to be yes or no, and bhaw was definitely killed by a guest. I mean, I think we can deduce ourselves that someone was wearing a bowtie.
columbia
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by columbia »

Is it possible that bhaw was killed by some other means, since you said "apparently stabbed to death with a knife"?
ExPatriatePen
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
Location: Source, Destination, Protocol, Port, size, sequence number, check sum... Yep, that about covers it.

Post by ExPatriatePen »

Troy Loney wrote:can only be yes or no questions
Got it
pittsports87
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by pittsports87 »

ExPatriatePen wrote:Hmmmm. If the question were my choice, I'd ask "which, if any, of the items found in Bhaw's possession were items that originally belonged to the slain staff member?"
Well looking at the write-up, I am guessing that the first items mentioned in the write-up were the ones from who killed him (library key, knife, and bow tie) and the billiards room key, wrench, and wristband were bhaw's possessions.
Troy Loney
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Troy Loney »

Does Relantel have a knife?
IrishEyes
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by IrishEyes »

Will Tim Curry be making an appearance in this Warz game?

I keed. :D
newarenanow
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by newarenanow »

Did someone with a number in their username wear a bow tie?
Troy Loney
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Troy Loney »

Does Benny Fitz know that he needs to hurry up and pick in the football draft so Troy Loney can possibly make two picks before he leaves work today
pittsports87
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by pittsports87 »

Troy Loney wrote:Does Benny Fitz know that he needs to hurry up and pick in the football draft so Troy Loney can possibly make two picks before he leaves work today
I would have made my pick by now if I was in it :slug:
IrishEyes
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by IrishEyes »

newarenanow wrote:Did someone with a number in their username wear a bow tie?
I like it, nan.
thehockeyguru
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by thehockeyguru »

What's the significance of the bow tie vs the knife? You would think we could id the killer based off of both items correct?