BEER WARS POST GAME THREAD

Forum for NHR "Wars" Games
beerman
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

BEER WARS POST GAME THREAD

Post by beerman »

I’d like to thank everyone who played and congratulate redwill for winning Beer Wars and turning us all into a bunch of Wine Snobs

Players:
1. the wicked child
2. mac5155 - Drinking buddy
3. columbia - started regular drunk coverted to AA member
4. count2infinity
5. slappybrown
6. pittsports87 - Town Drunk
7. newarenanow - Bartender

8. canaan - regular AA Member
9. shafnutz05
10. malkamaniac - Detective (Cops)
11. bhaw
12. Doc Emrick
13. Troy Loney - Sergeant (Cops)
14. Irish Eyes - Drinking Buddy
15. redwill - Wine Snob
16. ulf - AA President
17. Rylan
18. the errey i breathe
19. doublem - Bouncer
20. Gaucho
21. Kraftster - Waitress
22. Loaf31
23. MWB

Roles:
Bouncer – aka the Vig – gets to throw someone out every other night. Get’s the ability to do this every even night, doesn’t have to use it right away, can accumulate as many as they’d like. Cannot use more than one in a night but can kill on consecutive days if they have accumulated more than one.

Waitress – aka the Angel – gets to protect or save someone from being sobered up each night by the bad guys. Gets one protect each night, can be used on anyone at anytime even back to back nights on themselves or another person.

Bartender - aka the Seer – gets to investigate one person each night by knowing their drinking habits (they only find out whether they drink beer – good guy or do not drink beer – bad guy) They’ll find out the drink of choice and the color of the person they investigate (red, blue, green, etc.)

Drinking Buddies – random pair of regular beer drinkers, no special powers other than the ability to pm one another throughout the game. They are NOT linked in death, if one dies the other will stay alive but just become blue. Only stipulation upon the death of the first drinking buddy, the remaining living drinking buddy must give a toast/pour a 40 to his fallen comrade.

Town Drunk –After the 4th drink (vote) of the day, they become really intoxicated and must do their best to post as such. If the town drunk dies within the first two days, they will NOT die, they will just turn plain old blue and the role will be given randomly to another player. On nights 4 & 7 – they get the ability to cause a little chaos – player will pick a random # that correlates to an ability either for themselves or someone else, some will help the drunks some help our sober players, some do nothing. Abilities are as follows:
1. bartender block - bartender cannot investigate
2. double vote for town drunk
3. nothing
4. no vote for a player chosen by random.org
5. nothing
6. town drunk pukes on a player (they disappear for a day but are protected)
7. baddie block - bad guys cannot kill
8. double vote for a player chose by random.org
9. DUI
10. switcharoo (two random players are chosen, if either are targeted the action is switched)
11. town drunk does not get a vote
12. nothing
13. total drunkeness - votes are flipped and not what they seem
14. nothing
15. no vote for random player via random.org
16. double vote for town drunk
17. drunk buddy - random player get’s drunk has to post as such for the day
18. nothing
19. double voter for random player
20. day time angel - random player get’s saved for the next day’s actions
21. no vote for town drunk

Wine Snob – This person is only out for themselves. They do not side with the beer drinkers or the sober people. They only win the game by being the last person to survive or getting to a point where all numbers are equal (ie if it gets to 1 red, 1 blue, 1 green and the Wine snob, the wine snob wins). They get a kill every 3rd night (3, 6, 9)

The Cops – starts with two members, one will be designated as the Sergeant (Alpha) and will have the final say in their night time decisions. The second member is the Detective (Bad Seer) he can investigate and find out people’s drinking habits (rules the same as good seer, only get’s colors). No limit on the number of investigations but investigations come at the expense of a night time kill. If the Cops investigate a member of AA the two will merge and form the Liquor Control Board. In this scenario the Alpha of the Cops will retain alpha status of the LCB. The Cops only have night time actions on Odd nights.

Alcoholics Anonymous – starts with two members but unlike the Cops has the ability to recruit one additional member. AA will have a President (Alpha) who gets the final say in the night time decisions and just a regular sober member out to take away people’s fun. They can recruit at any time they wish, however it takes away the night time kill on the evening they enact it. They get one recruit, if the player is unrecruitable they will have one additional chance but it can’t be used on the same night. If AA tries to recruit a member of the Cops, the two groups will form one group, the LCB. In this scenario the AA President will retain Alpha status of the LCB. Alcoholics Anonymous only have night time actions on Even nights.

The Liquor Control Board - formed only if the cops investigate a member of AA or if AA tries to recruit an officer. This group will have the ability to kill every evening. (THIS GROUP DID NOT TAKE EFFECT)

If either the Cops or AA is elminated before merging, the other group gets to kill each night.

The Bar Fight –

We asked everyone for a random number in the initial pm, the number that got the most votes would correspond with a player number (not the same as above) and that player would die. There was 6 numbers that were selected twice and none that were selected 3 times. The 6 duplicates were entered into random.org, the first of the 6 numbers to come up multiple times was the number that was used. It corresponded with Irish Eyes and was the reason for her death.

Write ups can be found on the following pages
Initial - Page 1
Night 1 - 1
Day 1 - 2
Night 2 - 4
Bar Fight - 4
Day 2 - 12
Night 3 - 13
Day 3 - 24
Night 4 - 25
Day 4 - 28
Night 5 - 29
Day 5 - 30
Night 6 - 31
Day 6 - 32
Night 7 - 32
Day 7 - 33
Night 8 -33
Day 8 - 34
Night 9 (Final) – 34

Here is the log of what happened on the corresponding Day/Night

Night 1:
Protect - Kraftster
Investigate - Troy
Cops - view Shad

Day 1
kill - Rylan

Night 2
Protect - Kraftster
Investigate - Mac
Bouncer - slappy
AA - c2i

Day 2
kill – Gaucho

Night 3 * Due to me f'ing up the Cops pm and not realizing it they awarded the ability to both kill and investigate this night.
Protect - Kraftster
Investigate - Kraftster
Cop kill - bhaw
Cop investigate - doublem
Wine Snob - bhaw

Day 3 -
doc modkilled for posting his pm
killed - shad

Night 4
Protect - Kraftster
Investigate - redwill
Bouncer- mac
AA - redwill - unrecruitable
ps87 (random #) - selected #7 baddie block - blocks AA from having a kill on this night, since they recruited it was worthless.

Day 4
kill - canaan

Night 5
Protect - nan
Investigate - Malk
Cops - nan

Day 5
kill - Troy

Night 6
Investigate - ulf
Protect - nan
Bouncer - kill kraft
Wine Snob - ps87
AA - recruit Columbia

Day 6
kill - Malk

Night 7
Investigate - teib
AA - nan

Day 7
kill - ulf

Night 8
AA - twc
Bouncer - loaf

Day 8
kill - doublem

Night 9
AA - mwb
Wine Snob – mwb

I know the night talking was controversial to some. A couple of you were quite pissed off about it, but I also got a few pm’s saying that they loved it because it kept participation going. Which was my only intent in doing it. Until people got upset about it and voiced that in the thread, participation was among the best it’s been in some time, imo.

I don’t feel it effected the game that much anyway. When nan role claimed he wasn’t going to be killed by the Cops, who then took Kraft’s bait post about not being able to switch and having protected redwill and switched to nan. (The Cops were the only vote switch on this night, both nan and Kraft sent one pm only.)

Anyway the reason I don’t feel it would’ve effected it was, nan already knew multiple reds and the independent at that time he came out with his role. He could’ve waited until day and came out with all the info and the drunks would’ve been better off than they ended up actually. I say that because the original cop kill was for doublem who completely f’d the village.

MVP definitely – NAN the first 6 nights investigations were 3 reds, the independent and 2 green

LVP without a doubt - doublem – he killed 2 greens and 2 blues. Including offing the angel, who had been out with his role for at least a few phases. I almost hope that was intentional, I find it hard to believe it’s possible to be that lost within the game but :?

Thanks to everyone who played and a special thanks to relantel for co-modding :fist:
the wicked child
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Re: BEER WARS POST GAME THREAD

Post by the wicked child »

Thanks. It was fun. Wish I could have been around more earlier in the game though.

Also I don't know how I missed that mm killed Kraftster... that is unbelievably stupid.
columbia
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by columbia »

That was a good game...Damn, I should have killed Redwill when I had the chance, since he went after MWB too.
newarenanow
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by newarenanow »

I really think doublem was f'ing with this game. Not only did he kil the angel, he killed mac after he was outed. That is two greens.

Honestly, bull ****.
newarenanow
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by newarenanow »

PS - great game. I really enjoyed it.
Troy Loney
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Troy Loney »

Putting the red guys against each other during the day was too much of an obstacle...we should have atleast had the opportunity to see every night and not one action every other night...too much of a handicap for the cops. Granted we should have stayed alive longer, but i highly doubt that we could have ever won this game when it gets tight at the end.
Loaf31
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Loaf31 »

great game but doublem you suck
Troy Loney
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Troy Loney »

consider doublem the leveller.
beerman
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by beerman »

Putting the red guys against one another has been done a few times before, so it's nothing new. The only thing I'd change is I would've let you see more often (I'd have given you a set # of investigations you could use in conjunction with the kill instead of in place of it), seeing every night would've been way too much.

I don't think it would've seemed as bad had nan not seen just about everyone of relevance to start off. With the way he was picking I don't think a four person group would've made any difference than 2 and 2.

But whatever you can't make everyone happy.
Kraftster
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Kraftster »

I like the two red factions. When I did that in True Blood I think the alphas knew the identities of some of the other faction. I like the idea of having two reds, but yeah, the thing I struggled with was how to make them really separate if they know who the other reds are.
columbia
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by columbia »

Redwill wrote:I would guess columbia is good, simply because he led out a vote this round. If there is a red left, he would not do that.
I still don't know if you were bluffing on this.
Troy Loney
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Troy Loney »

beerman wrote:Putting the red guys against one another has been done a few times before, so it's nothing new. The only thing I'd change is I would've let you see more often (I'd have given you a set # of investigations you could use in conjunction with the kill instead of in place of it), seeing every night would've been way too much.

I don't think it would've seemed as bad had nan not seen just about everyone of relevance to start off. With the way he was picking I don't think a four person group would've made any difference than 2 and 2.

But whatever you can't make everyone happy.
So basically nan gets lucky with night one investigation...and game over for the cops.

Its cool that your trying to make some fun changes to the game...i just think you have to recognize any sort of limitations like that on the reds is too much. its already tough to win as red, no reason to make it harder for them.
Troy Loney
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Troy Loney »

plus, 6 greens, too many...granted ps87 had no real power, and mac and ie neither as well...but that's still 6 people with legit green claims that can avoid day kills and need to be addressed by the reds at night.
DocEmrick
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by DocEmrick »

Great game.
redwill
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by redwill »

columbia wrote:
Redwill wrote:I would guess columbia is good, simply because he led out a vote this round. If there is a red left, he would not do that.
Sort of. I slightly suspected you to be bad. That got stronger as the turn went on and you were buddying-up to me. But I needed some sort of input to give to get some support from the others, so I pretended to have a good reason to think you were good. I don't know if that makes sense. It did to me at the time.

You said you should have killed me. Did you think you could? My claim of night-immunity was a lie.
ulf
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by ulf »

we had that wrapped if we would have voted off Redwill one of the 9 chances we had. Good game miss, thanks! My first time as an rp with any powers, it wad fun.
columbia
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by columbia »

redwill wrote:
columbia wrote:
Sort of. I slightly suspected you to be bad. That got stronger as the turn went on and you were buddying-up to me. But I needed some sort of input to give to get some support from the others, so I pretended to have a good reason to think you were good. I don't know if that makes sense. It did to me at the time.

You said you should have killed me. Did you think you could? My claim of night-immunity was a lie.
For me, it was more of whether you had a kill on night 9.
I was guessing no and figured I could convince teib to kill you the next day.
That obviously didn't work. :pop:
pittsports87
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by pittsports87 »

Damn, the night I died I picked 16. Would have had double votes the next day.
ulf
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by ulf »

redwill wrote:
columbia wrote:

we werent able to recruit you, so I believed your claim.
pittsports87
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by pittsports87 »

Wait, was I only supposed to pick numbers on nights 4 and 7? Oops, I did every night :pop:
beerman
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by beerman »

pittsports87 wrote:Wait, was I only supposed to pick numbers on nights 4 and 7? Oops, I did every night :pop:

I never told you anything specific. The pm said we need a random number and you kept sending them. Had you only sent it on night 1, I would've asked you again night 4.

I was going to let you know but it was funny watching you keep saying that you had to pick every night and that it was doing something :lol:
beerman
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by beerman »

apparently wars games ruin peoples lives when they feel they got the short end of the stick, jc.
columbia
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by columbia »

beerman wrote:
pittsports87 wrote:Wait, was I only supposed to pick numbers on nights 4 and 7? Oops, I did every night :pop:

I never told you anything specific. The pm said we need a random number and you kept sending them. Had you only sent it on night 1, I would've asked you again night 4.

I was going to let you know but it was funny watching you keep saying that you had to pick every night and that it was doing something :lol:
Well, he could barely speak, so no surprise.
the wicked child
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by the wicked child »

beerman wrote:apparently wars games ruin peoples lives when they feel they got the short end of the stick, jc.
lulz. Troy always does that after he loses as a baddie. See Lost Warz.
Troy Loney
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Troy Loney »

beerman wrote:apparently wars games ruin peoples lives when they feel they got the short end of the stick, jc.

I said i'd save it for the post game thread...and i did. This should come off as both constructive criticism and complaining.