LGP Fantasy Hockey Keeper League

Forum for posts that are not hockey-related.
TheHammer24
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

LGP Fantasy Hockey Keeper League

Post by TheHammer24 »

We best get the tires kicking on this again right, especially considering the speed of last year's draft.

Who from last year is returning, and who are your six keepers + 1 or 2 rookie keepers?

Any alternates interested in picking up a team?

EDIT: Let's wait and see who is in first. This way we can maintain some order in the thread.

Owners (Strike Indicates Your In)
Pitts
Hammer
Krafster
Beerman
Malka
Letang is the Truth
Idoit40Fans
Azkar
Eaton Pens Fan
KovyTroy Loney
PensFanInDcKicksave
bhaw

Spreadsheet: https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key ... i=1#gid=18" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Last edited by TheHammer24 on Wed Aug 25, 2010 1:43 pm, edited 6 times in total.
Physical_Graffiti
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Re: LGP Fantasy Hockey Keeper League

Post by Physical_Graffiti »

I'd definitely be interested in joining if there was space available.
Mr. Colby
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by Mr. Colby »

i'd also consider getting in if possible
Pitts
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Pitts »

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

I'm ready! I was just thinking about my keeper leagues today!

How/where do you want us to indicate our keepers? Should we use that gmail page we had last year?
cheesesteakwithegg
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by cheesesteakwithegg »

Id get in if a spot was open
Azkar
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Azkar »

I'm in.

6 keepers:
  • D. Sedin
  • M. Brodeur
  • J. Toews
  • A. Markov
  • M. Turco
  • M. Ribero
How do rookie keepers work again? I only get to keep 2 of my drafted rookies, even if they didn't play?
Pitts
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Pitts »

^^ I just saw you in the gmail doc!^^
TheHammer24
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by TheHammer24 »

Can we get a link to the google doc for those, like myself, who deleted it from the main page.

Also, I'm interested in trading either Lundqivst or Anderson for draft pick defensemen or forward.

PS-WOOO! Hockey season is approaching!

PPS-Defending Champ!
TheHammer24
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by TheHammer24 »

Azkar wrote:I'm in.

6 keepers:
  • D. Sedin
  • M. Brodeur
  • J. Toews
  • A. Markov
  • M. Turco
  • M. Ribero
How do rookie keepers work again? I only get to keep 2 of my drafted rookies, even if they didn't play?
You get 1 rookie keeper if you made the playoffs, 2 if you didn't.

However, your rookies maintain rookie status, and therefore do not need kept, if they still don't exceed the thresholds (65 games, 10 starts, <26)
Pitts
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Pitts »

Let's see if this works, you will need your gmail login (only those invited to the doc have access)

https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key ... l=en#gid=0" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

EDIT: That doc is just draft -- so we need to compare that versus the final rosters on Yahoo.

Also, I'm confused on your rookie clarification above: Do I get to keep 6 Active players, plus 1 or 2 rookies on my active roster under (or over) the 65 game limit, plus my rookies who have not played an NHL game yet? (so confused)
TheHammer24
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by TheHammer24 »

Pitts wrote:Let's see if this works, you will need your gmail login (only those invited to the doc have access)

https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key ... l=en#gid=0" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

EDIT: That doc is just draft -- so we need to compare that versus the final rosters on Yahoo.

Also, I'm confused on your rookie clarification above: Do I get to keep 6 Active players, plus 1 or 2 rookies on my active roster under (or over) the 65 game limit, plus my rookies who have not played an NHL game yet? (so confused)
Yeah, let's see if we can find the Yahoo! page.

You can keep any six players on your final game active roster.

You can keep 1 or 2 players that you drafted who fell met the rookie requirements, but, during the course of the season, now exceed those and would be drafted as non-rookies this year.

In other words, you'll go into Round 1 of the draft with 7 or 8 players already.

You automatically keep your rookies that you drafted last year if they still meet the rookie requirements; that is, they are protected from getting picked up off the waiver wire and can freely be added and dropped by you during the season.
Last edited by TheHammer24 on Wed Aug 18, 2010 1:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
TheHammer24
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by TheHammer24 »

Looks like the league page is down. As a result, we'll have to do a little honor system here. Not many keeper eligible players were added and dropped, however. I know I dropped Mason and Krafster picked him up, but I think the Google Doc is sufficient for the time being.
Letang Is The Truth
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Letang Is The Truth »

I'd also be willing to trade some of my guys for someone losing rookie status since I will only be using JVR in that regards
beerman
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by beerman »

I'd like to do it again. Not exactly sure on my keepers yet, I'll take a look here shortly and decide.
Kraftster
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Kraftster »

Definitely back in. Gotta get some revenge.

As you all may recall, I am exploring a trade of Doughty or Green (almost untouchable). Also would be interested in moving one of Karlsson or Downie (both "rookie" keepers).

Hammer, I feel like the games played requirement for rookies was less than 65?
Kraftster
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Kraftster »

By the way, you can access your end-of-year roster by going into your fantasy profile.
The only thing not on there will be your rookies who were not on your active roster, but, those were not subject to change after the start of the year, so, they will be the same as the google doc.

Also, we are going up to 8 keepers after this season, correct? And then stopping at 10 after the following season?
Last edited by Kraftster on Wed Aug 18, 2010 8:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
beerman
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by beerman »

What would you be looking for, for Doughty?
Kraftster
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Kraftster »

What was your team name, beerman?

Edit: Found it. Let me look things over.
Kraftster
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Kraftster »

I guess for Doughty I am probably looking for a couple different types of trades:

Doughty for first rounder +
(I am not sure what all the + entails right now, could be as minor as a favorable swap of rookies or something - I have to look back over the league, I am just refocusing on the rosters, cats, etc.)
or
Doughty + Halak/Mason/Price for an upgrade in goal and possibly some other more minor pieces (picks) to even things out depending on the goalie

I see a couple things that could work with you, beerman. Let me spend some more time looking stuff over and see what kind of other bites I get. I have to make sure to check the fantrax baseball thread for an offer from ID40 :)
Malkamaniac
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Malkamaniac »

Can I get a link to the old gmail doc? I'm in, and I'm figuring out my keepers, and yes. AO is still on the block.
Kraftster
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Kraftster »

Okay, so, it was definitely 65 games for rookies. I pulled this from the old thread. Keepers are going 6, 8, 10.
TheHammer24 wrote:Ok, since the PM chain was getting overly confusing, let's consolidate this thing to a thread so we can discuss and move from here. Also, thanks to all that expressed interest in the league, but I unfortunately had to select 12. I more or less selected the first 12 that responded, but I made a 1k post requirement (arbitrary) and I think I gave special treatment to one person that PMed me. Here are the participants:

TheHammer24, PensFanInDc, Kraftster, Idoit, Kovy, bhaw, Letang Is The Truth, beerman, EastonPensFan, Pitts, Malkamaniac, and Azkar
Rules:
12 team Yahoo h2h league:
Goals, Assists, Points, PP Points, PIMs, +/- & W, GAA, SV%, SO

3C,LW,RW, 2W, 1F, 6 D, and 2 G with 5 Bench Spots, and 2 IR positions.

As far as rookies go, I think we'll have a supplemental rookie draft. This stops people from stock piling in the general draft. However, each team is allowed to select two prospects in the general draft (Hockey Futures Def: Under 26 less than 65 GP, <10 starts for a goalie). Each team can have 4 rookies, so you'll have up to 4 picks in the rookie draft, and as few as 2. Rookies can be called up and sent down via the Waiver Wire freely during the season. In other words, you cannot pick up someone else's rookies. After the season, each playoff team can keep one of their rookies that has lost rookie eligibility (i.e. Tavares) and non-playoff teams can keep two. Rookies that are still rookies can be kept indefinitely on each teams roster. If you draft a rookie in the regular draft please indicate that you are doing so. Also, the rookie draft will go in reverse order of the general draft.

Keepers:
After the first year: 6
Second Year: 8
Third Year and on: 10

Draft:
Random order, I'll post a screen shot. Snake draft as well. Place in the regular season will determine draft order of the next season (we may have some sort of lottery as well). Round in the playoff in which you are eliminated determines the order for playoff teams, but regular season record is the tie breaker (not the consolation games). All future picks are tradeable, but keeper slots are not.
Kraftster
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Kraftster »

I don't remember if we decided on any sort of lottery, but, I have a program one guy in my other league wrote for a bottom 4 fantasy pick lottery. Let me know if that needs run. I don't remember deciding on a lotto, so, I imagine that we'll just go by final standings.
Malkamaniac
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Malkamaniac »

This is going to be much harder than I thought it would be :(
beerman
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by beerman »

Kraftster wrote:
TheHammer24 wrote:After the season, each playoff team can keep one of their rookies that has lost rookie eligibility (i.e. Tavares) and non-playoff teams can keep two. Rookies that are still rookies can be kept indefinitely on each teams roster.
Keepers:
After the first year: 6
Second Year: 8
Third Year and on: 10
Is keeping rookies who lost eligiblity included in the 6, I assume? Or can you keep 6 plus, the 1 or 2 rookies who lost eligibility?
beerman
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by beerman »

Kraftster wrote:I guess for Doughty I am probably looking for a couple different types of trades:

Doughty for first rounder +
(I am not sure what all the + entails right now, could be as minor as a favorable swap of rookies or something - I have to look back over the league, I am just refocusing on the rosters, cats, etc.)
or
Doughty + Halak/Mason/Price for an upgrade in goal and possibly some other more minor pieces (picks) to even things out depending on the goalie

I see a couple things that could work with you, beerman. Let me spend some more time looking stuff over and see what kind of other bites I get. I have to make sure to check the fantrax baseball thread for an offer from ID40 :)
cool, just keep me posted.