NFL defends "controversial" officiating in Superbo

Forum for posts that are not hockey-related.
PensFanBryan
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

NFL defends "controversial" officiating in Superbo

Post by PensFanBryan »

Holmgren under Review for remarks made durring Rally on Monday!
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/playoffs0 ... id=2322700

NFL defends Officiating
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/playoffs0 ... id=2322687
DelPen
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by DelPen »

Good. These moron sports reporters need something to talk about because the game was dreadfully boring. Bettis didn't score a TD, Alexander was stopped, Porter didn't do anything, Polamalu being hurt kept him low profile.

So what do they harp on? Two clear holds that would have lead to sacks and a push off that was being called before Jackson caught the ball but the ref missed pulling the flag out the first try. The ONLY questionable call was Hassleback's cut block. But did anyone see the Steelers line hold at all? I didn't. 3 penalties, 2 of them false starts, don't even recall what the 3rd was.

You think the Seattle WR's could gte open more because of the holds? That's why they made a ctahc at the 1 yard line. Homgren should be fined a lot and it will be nice to see the Seahawks miss the playoffs like every other SB loser has in recent history.

EDITED TO ADD: Finally SOMEONE, namely Gene Wojciechowski, gets it. http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/columns/ ... id=2322300
freq019
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by freq019 »

I think the 3rd flag was on heath miller for pass interference or holding, I'm not sure. I did notice how the national media is now saying that the steelers earned the win through better play but the refs were horrible. Where as on monday they were saying the steelers were given the win because of the refs. I wonder who smacked them around?
DelPen
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by DelPen »

freq019 wrote:I think the 3rd flag was on heath miller for pass interference or holding, I'm not sure. I did notice how the national media is now saying that the steelers earned the win through better play but the refs were horrible. Where as on monday they were saying the steelers were given the win because of the refs. I wonder who smacked them around?
The only way you can say that the refs screwed the Seahawks was if they let the same border line calls go when the Steelers committed them. Asking my unbiased co-workers who are Eagles fans, they all agree that was not the case. The refs called a very close game, unfortunately the Steelers were disciplined and the Seahawks were not.

I think the question should be why was New England last year allowed to get away with the things they called against the Seahawks? That should be the real story :D
relantel
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by relantel »

DelPen wrote:So what do they harp on? Two clear holds that would have lead to sacks and a push off that was being called before Jackson caught the ball but the ref missed pulling the flag out the first try. The ONLY questionable call was Hassleback's cut block. But did anyone see the Steelers line hold at all? I didn't. 3 penalties, 2 of them false starts, don't even recall what the 3rd was.
I saw an article on NFL.com today that notes that Jeff Hartings was called for the same penalty that Hasselbeck was in the first Indy game this year, on the pic that happened with 27 seconds to go in the 2nd quarter --- same situation.
the wicked child
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by the wicked child »

yes, I remember that call well.