*** FANTASY WARS I POSTGAME ***

Forum for NHR "Wars" Games
jaysmiter
AHL'er
AHL'er
Location: Just another example of a warped twisted sick mind that is out there hiding behind a keyboard.

*** FANTASY WARS I POSTGAME ***

Post by jaysmiter »

Alright...well, I hope everyone enjoyed the game. As you are well aware, I wanted to try some different things, so I hope you liked them and please...feedback and constructive criticism is appreciated.

With that said...congrats to TWC and MikeEnIke. Solid outings! Mike, you did a bangup job staying under the radar and protecting who needed protected.

I thought Loney did a hell of a job, as well, despite the initial criticism on some of his moves. It was a great plan to keep the seer hidden while they could work together.

Now...onto the roles...

Initial roles:
Crayz, the Darkness leader and toughman. - He could die once without actually dying.
PFIDC, the Darkness doublevoter.

The Darkness could recruit up to 3 more people. If they would have recruited the three without anyone dying, the 5th recruit would have been either a bad seer or roleblocker, depending on crayz's choice.

Troy Loney, the mage - The vig...except..due to the unstable nature of magic, he had a fail chance. 75% he hit who he targeted, 15% he missed completely, 9% hit someone random, and 1% he killed himself. Got a spell every even night and had to use it that night or the next.

Zarovich, the seer - Mostly the same, except if he found the mage, he could PM him and they could work together. (Which he did...night 1)

MikeEnIke, the angel - Could protect whoever he wanted, however much he wanted.

Azkar and Dagny, lovers - Could PM eachother...were NOT allowed to roleclaim. What they didn't know: If one of them died, the other would do one of two things. If the Darkness killed one, the other became a vengeful lover and received mage powers with some modifications:
-Fail chance increased: 50% accurate, 30% miss, 15% random, 5% self
-Had to kill every night.

If a lover was killed by the village, the other would have joined The Darkness. If a lover would have been recruited by The Cult, they would have killed their partner as part of initiation and joined the Cult. When the Cult Leader died, the lover would become a vengeful lover.

Canaan, the Cult Leader - Recruited a member every odd night. Identity was unknown to the cultists and he could pass along orders to them through the mods. Won if the Cult obtained a majority. (this is just the very basics...I'll get into more detail later)

Night Actions:

Night 1:
Angel – Self
Seer – Troy Loney (mage)
Cult Leader – Corvidae
The Darkness – Wallflower (recruit)

Night 2:
Angel – Self
Seer – Twisted Wrister (villager)
Mage – Save kill.
The Darkness – Kicksave (kill)

Night 3:
Angel – Self
Seer – PFiDC (darkness)
Mage – count2infinity
Cult Leader – Senka
The Darkness – Slappybrown (kill)

Night 4:
Angel – Troy Loney
Seer – the wicked child (villager)
Mage – Irish Eyes (missed and hit cup keeper)
The Darkness – Troy Loney (recruit-failed)

Night 5:
Angel – Troy Loney
Seer – Irish Eyes (villager)
Cult Leader – Troy Loney (stole power)
The Darkness – Mac5155 (recruit)

Night 6:
Angel – Self
Seer – crayz (darkness)
Mage (CL) – redwill
The Darkness – beerman (kill)

Night 7:
Angel – Zaro
Seer – MikeEnIke
Cult Leader – Twisted Wrister
The Darkness – the wicked child (recruit)

Night 8:
Angel – Zaro
Seer – Canaan
Mage (CL) - IE
The Darkness – Troy Loney

Night 9:
Angel – Zaro
Seer – hockeynut!
Cult Leader – Zaro
The Darkness – Azkar

Night 10:
Angel – Zaro
Seer – LITT (via Canaan)
New Mage – senka (missed. Hit hockeynut!)
The Darkness – Zaro (protected)

Night 11:
Angel – Zaro
Seer – NAN (via Canaan. Failed)
Cult Leader – MikeEnIke (failed due to death)
New Mage – Letang
The Darkness – Canaan (in turn killed Senka)

Night 12:
Angel – Himself
New Mage – Zaro
Darkness – NAN

Night 13:
Angel - Himself
New Mage - Corvidae
Darkness - dagny

Miscellaneous Notes:

-On Night 4, Loney was protected and attempted to be recruited. Malks and I agreed that with all that going on, it would be a wash.
-The Cult would have won the night Canaan was killed if Canaan wasn't the one to die, presuming that another cultist wouldn't have died either.
-Originally, when the Cult Leader died, the people were supposed to go back to being regular villagers/get their powers back. However, there was a screw up with some PMs, and a hotfix needed to be implemented. I gave all 4 members at the time a chance to return to normal, join the darkness, or join the cult leader in death. All three happened, which was pretty cool, imo.
-Stuff did happen Night 1, it just all took place behind the scenes. Think about it...why would anyone suspect something is going on if there isn't anything going on yet? :D

About the write-ups:
I really wasn't trying to give anything but very, very basic information in the write-ups. Some themes stayed consistent, others didn't. The people used as secondary and tertiary characters in specific write-ups really didn't mean anything and I tried to use everyone.

I'll post about the Cult in a bit, but if you have any questions...ask away.

Again...hope you enjoyed it!
MWB
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Re: *** FANTASY WARS I POSTGAME ***

Post by MWB »

Great job!
jaysmiter
AHL'er
AHL'er
Location: Just another example of a warped twisted sick mind that is out there hiding behind a keyboard.

Post by jaysmiter »

Also...Thanks again, Malks!
the wicked child
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by the wicked child »

Awesome job jays... one of my favorites since Slug Wars I.
the wicked child
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by the wicked child »

Malks too!
jaysmiter
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by jaysmiter »

Cult Leader, further info:

Here are the bullet points of the role:
-You (and your faction) win if the cult outnumbers the village.
-You may recruit every other night, starting with night 1.
-If you attempt to recruit a member of “The Darkness” (the bad guys), you will die.
-You CAN recruit good RPs…the best part: You get to direct how they use their powers for as long as you or they are alive.
-If investigated, you will turn up as “regular town”
-You may NOT PM any of your cultists directly, and you will remain anonymous as the leader. All orders you’d like to give your cult or a specific cultist must be sent to both myself and malkamaniac and we will pass it forward. Your cultists have to listen to your orders.
-When you die, the cult dissipates and everyone is returned to normal (like any good cult scene).
- DO NOT ROLECLAIM THIS ROLE. You will be auto-killed. This message will go out to your cultists, as well. Essentially, your goal and their goal is to win as the cult. Not win for the town or win for the darkness.
thehockeyguru
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by thehockeyguru »

jaysmiter wrote:Cult Leader, further info:

Here are the bullet points of the role:
-You (and your faction) win if the cult outnumbers the village.
-You may recruit every other night, starting with night 1.
-If you attempt to recruit a member of “The Darkness” (the bad guys), you will die.
-You CAN recruit good RPs…the best part: You get to direct how they use their powers for as long as you or they are alive.
-If investigated, you will turn up as “regular town”
-You may NOT PM any of your cultists directly, and you will remain anonymous as the leader. All orders you’d like to give your cult or a specific cultist must be sent to both myself and malkamaniac and we will pass it forward. Your cultists have to listen to your orders.
-When you die, the cult dissipates and everyone is returned to normal (like any good cult scene).
- DO NOT ROLECLAIM THIS ROLE. You will be auto-killed. This message will go out to your cultists, as well. Essentially, your goal and their goal is to win as the cult. Not win for the town or win for the darkness.

LIMIT REACHED!

Vote Total:
THG - 16 (tfrizz, canaan, the wicked child, count2infinity, newarenanow, shafnutz, crayz, beerman, irisheyes, slappybrown, MWB, redwill, mikenike, kicksave, troy loney, litt)

crayz - 1 (pfidc)

canaan - 1 (thg)

...write-up coming.

:face:
Troy Loney
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Troy Loney »

Canaan did a good job as cult leader i think.

other cult member,
was it just me, or was it obvious that canaan was the leader?
newarenanow
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by newarenanow »

I enjoyed it.

Everytime you thought you had things figured out, things changed and it just made it even more confusing.

The only two things I was pretty sure about was pfidc at the beginning and wallflower at the end. Other than that, some thoughts ran through my head (canaan and dags could be independents at some point during the game, Zaro or others maybe turned), but I have a million of those go through my head and 90% are wrong. So I never acted on them because I didn't have much faith.

For the mac vote, I was on board once Zaro cleared him as not being the angel (at the time I thought Zaro was still good), so that was an easy switch to jump on board, based on you just randomly starting to attack me on page 44.

I knew Mike had a role, but I thought he was a baddie all the way up until wallflower was killed.

Again, good stuff. When you have no powers, and are in the dark of what is out there, it makes it very difficult, which I like. I was confused most of the time!
Malkamaniac
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Malkamaniac »

THG had the right gui picked again!?!!? Can you stop with the first or second day vote praising yourself? Even a blind squirrel finds an acorn once in awhile.
newarenanow
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by newarenanow »

Troy Loney wrote:
Canaan did a good job as cult leader i think.

other cult member,
was it just me, or was it obvious that canaan was the leader?
I thought he was one of those independent guys that had to be the last remaining survivor.

He was doing such a good job getting baddies, it was good to keep it going.

I would have never known though that he was buidling up an army.

I knew something weird was obviously going on with Senka and Corvi. But I thought it was just random fun packages they were opening. And didn't make much of it.

Zaro did a good job playing off that he was recruiting, at least IMO. I thought why he was alive so long was that the last baddie couldn't be seen and he cleared them and had no worries.
thehockeyguru
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by thehockeyguru »

Malkamaniac wrote:THG had the right gui picked again!?!!? Can you stop with the first or second day vote praising yourself? Even a blind squirrel finds an acorn once in awhile.
Just saying, had the leader pegged two games in a row. Relentel now Caanan.
jaysmiter
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by jaysmiter »

Well, with Zaro...

I think the baddies did the right thing. The angel wasn't outed yet, so they had to assume he was protected. They did try once, but instead of wasting night after night, they went looking for the angel.

There were a few reasons why I withheld so much information...

1) I really wanted to try and create an element of suspense. Hoping that never knowing who was what and what was left and what was there...and that the game could end at any time would do that effectively.

2) I was trying to get people out of the "Well, this happened last game so it must be the same this time" mindset...not sure if that happened :pop:

3) I wanted to create a game that I feel I would have the most fun playing. With nothing spelled out, it does make you think in different ways, which, I hope, was a good thing.
redwill
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by redwill »

Great job by canaan. His creativity made the cult thing work well.

Super game, jays and Malka. Was much fun.

jays: In one of the write-ups from my diary, there was a lot about goblins and paying the "troll toll" to free them. Was that just write-up creativity or was there something to that? This has been sticking in my mind since it happened.
newarenanow
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by newarenanow »

THG, I personally think you have some good ideas and would love for you to play longer (as long as you wouldn't ask 10 million questions), but I just jump on board the band wagon because if not you, it could easily be me!

Good luck, hopefully you can make it longer the next game.
Kicksave
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Kicksave »

thehockeyguru wrote: LIMIT REACHED!

Vote Total:
THG - 16 (tfrizz, canaan, the wicked child, count2infinity, newarenanow, shafnutz, crayz, beerman, irisheyes, slappybrown, MWB, redwill, mikenike, kicksave, troy loney, litt)

crayz - 1 (pfidc)

canaan - 1 (thg)

...write-up coming.

OH MY GOD YOU'RE SO SMART. I WISH YOU WOULD COME AND PLAY AGAIN.
jaysmiter
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by jaysmiter »

redwill wrote:Great job by canaan. His creativity made the cult thing work well.

Super game, jays and Malka. Was much fun.

jays: In one of the write-ups from my diary, there was a lot about goblins and paying the "troll toll" to free them. Was that just write-up creativity or was there something to that? This has been sticking in my mind since it happened.
Nothing to it. The "troll toll" is something from Always Sunny in Philadelphia.

Like I said, other than the "hooded figure" or magic deaths, there really wasn't any info to be had in the write-ups.
newarenanow
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by newarenanow »

jaysmiter wrote:Well, with Zaro...

I think the baddies did the right thing. The angel wasn't outed yet, so they had to assume he was protected. They did try once, but instead of wasting night after night, they went looking for the angel.

1) I really wanted to try and create an element of suspense. Hoping that never knowing who was what and what was left and what was there...and that the game could end at any time would do that effectively.

2) I was trying to get people out of the "Well, this happened last game so it must be the same this time" mindset...not sure if that happened :pop:

3) I wanted to create a game that I feel I would have the most fun playing. With nothing spelled out, it does make you think in different ways, which, I hope, was a good thing.
I think you accomplished all of that.

It was a good mix of suspense, but not going overboard where it was like "what the hell, this is getting old or ridiculous". YOu had the perfect balance IMO.
thehockeyguru
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by thehockeyguru »

Kicksave wrote:
thehockeyguru wrote: LIMIT REACHED!

Vote Total:

crayz - 1 (pfidc)

canaan - 1 (thg)

...write-up coming.

OH MY GOD YOU'RE SO SMART. I WISH YOU WOULD COME AND PLAY AGAIN.
newarenanow
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by newarenanow »

redwill wrote:Great job by canaan. His creativity made the cult thing work well.
canaan did a great job. I think he does a great job masking what he is.
Troy Loney
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Troy Loney »

newarenanow wrote:
jaysmiter wrote:Well, with Zaro...

I think you accomplished all of that.

It was a good mix of suspense, but not going overboard where it was like "what the hell, this is getting old or ridiculous". YOu had the perfect balance IMO.

Yeah...except try being the first person that comes out as a role player.

I was just like this, this, and this happened being completely honest. And everyone in the town is like :scared: and kill TL!!!
redwill
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by redwill »

jaysmiter wrote:
redwill wrote:jays: In one of the write-ups from my diary, there was a lot about goblins and paying the "troll toll" to free them. Was that just write-up creativity or was there something to that? This has been sticking in my mind since it happened.
Nothing to it. The "troll toll" is something from Always Sunny in Philadelphia.
Ah. Serves me right for not being up on modern popular culture.

If I could make one (very minor) criticism: there were too many gratuitous sexual references in the write-ups. It distracted from the theme, IMO.

But, never mind. Great game in design and execution.
Senka
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Senka »

So Dagny sucks at shooting, and i survived... and then i had a 5% chance to follow canaan in death and it happened. Man-oh-man did i defy odds.
jaysmiter
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by jaysmiter »

Troy Loney wrote: Yeah...except try being the first person that comes out as a role player.

I was just like this, this, and this happened being completely honest. And everyone in the town is like :scared: and kill TL!!!
Dude...I felt bad for you. You were being totally honest and everyone still distrusted you.

It was frustrating to watch and not be able to do anything.

That's another thing. Certain people weren't allowed to roleclaim, dagny, azkar, canaan and the cultists...I got plenty of questions asking if they were allowed to lie and make roles up or whatever...

I gave that :thumb: :thumb: I absolutely encouraged as much lying as possible. Dagny's scroll idea was genius and she would have never done that if I hadn't placed that restriction on her. So...yeah...lying rules.
jaysmiter
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by jaysmiter »

redwill wrote:
If I could make one (very minor) criticism: there were too many gratuitous sexual references in the write-ups. It distracted from the theme, IMO.
Fair enough...I have a weird mind. :scared: