*** JELLYFISH INVASION I LUAU THREAD!!! ***

Forum for NHR "Wars" Games
Corvidae
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

*** JELLYFISH INVASION I LUAU THREAD!!! ***

Post by Corvidae »

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Congratulations to the Resort at Algaeria Beach!

It's luau time, and PFIDC and IE are sitting by themselves, drinking mojitos, wondering if this was the best or worst trip they've ever taken!

They remember thehockeyguru, killing Tourist after Tourist in a misguided attempt to de-Jelly the Resort.

They remember canaan and his love of pancakes, beerman and his love for Miss Howe, and LITT for laying out a 5 year plan.

They remember Kicksave, saying he hated the game but had 232 post in Part 2 alone!

They remember that last Jelly, cupkeeper, taking them to the freakin' limit!

So, there they were. Just the two of them now. PFIDC put his hand on IE's and she maced him then drove to the airport as fast as possible.

PFIDC went back to TWC's Club Crabs for a final show. Afterward, he headed home as well.

*** Corpses, there's plenty of food and beverages left! Rise from your graves and get your glug glug NOM on! Jellies, stay dead! I hate you! ***

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Lets have a special round of applause for my co-creators/mods, the wicked child and bhaw. bhaw arrived later in the process but was able to convince us to drop the Zombie Infection that we had planned to occur along with everything else.

And thank you, of course, to everyone who played. It can't be lulz without a bunch of players :scared: ing their hearts out!

We've exited the cloud over Algaeria Beach and it is now moving along to the next location!

Rules and Roles for the Village of Algaeria

- “Majority” voted needed is capped at 15, no matter how many players.

- Day and Night time limits are 12 hours each (starting time may be adjusted because of real world night)

Secret Rules… :scared:

- “Voices of the Dead.” After 5 people are dead, they may PM us a message for the village. One will be chosen at random and be posted. The message may not say who they are.

- "Seashell Buddies." Every Tourist has a seashell phone connected to one other Tourist (Mason).

(1 Tourist is connected to the Nan o' War. Sorry shaft.)

Good Roles

The Inebriated Hobo (AKA: Angel) - Played by Senka

Maggie the Monkey (AKA: Seer) - Played by NAN

The SpongeBob (AKA: Vigilante) - Played by thehockeyguru

Miss Cleo (SECRET) - Played by Azkar

This person chooses one dead person to talk to every night, and they will communicate threw us via PM.
Cannot talk to the same person twice.

Mad Scientist (SECRET) - Played by beerman

The Mad Scientist chooses 2 Devices each night, known by number only (1-36). He chooses one of those Devices to have it's title revealed. He may then either keep it for himself or pass it to someone else (package).

If he passes it to someone else, the other one is kept for himself. The Device the Mad Scientist keeps is used immediately. The other Device is delivered to another player and is used if/when they choose.

A person cannot tell the Resort if they receive a Package or are being affected by a Device.

Mad Scientist is protected for the first 3 days.

Device X

When the Mad Scientist dies, he leaves behind Device X. During the day phase following his death, the town must vote on whether to use the device, or leave it for the Jellyfish. This takes the place of the normal day activities.

If they vote to use it, it will be some type of anti-Jellyfish device that prevents any night actions by the Jellyfish. If they leave it for the Jellyfish, however, all good RPs will be unable to perform any night actions.

Igor (Mad Scientist's Assistant) (SECRET) - Played by wallflower

Takes over for the Mad Scientist if he dies, inheriting all unused devices except Device X (it was used when he died).

The NAN (SECRET) - Played by dagny

Can step in on behalf of another player who is ready to be killed during the day and take votes away for himself (and he dies instead). Everyone votes for NAN!

The saved person's role will not be revealed.

The NAN is Seashell Buddies with the Seer, but cannot directly expose any information received from the Seer.

Jellies!!!

Portuguese Nan o' War (Alpha) (SECRET) - Played by Pavel Bure

Leader of the Jellyfish.

Box Jellyfish (SECRET) - Played by MWB

First person to vote for it may gets poisoned and must be "healed" (protected) by the Inebriated Hobo that night or they die the following morning. This presents an interesting dilemma for the Hobo since they have to become vulnerable to save the victim.

Mangrove Jellyfish (SECRET) - Played by jwienand

Immune to all night actions (seers, vigs, zombies, etc) and also has Seer abilities.

Irukandji Jellyfish (SECRET) - Played by cupkeeper

Similar to a bomb, but does not kill the last voter/killer. Rather, they catch Irukandji Syndrome which renders them unable to perform any duties (vote or role) for the next 2 days/nights. We will inform them, but not the village/resort.

The Squid* (Role Blocker) (SECRET) - Played by canaan

Blocks one player each night from using a role, but may not block the same player on consecutive night.

*The Squid was adopted by the Jellies at a young age and pledge his allegiance to them.

The Device List!!! (used by)

01. You're Gonna Need A Bigger Boat - Blu-ray Player + Jaws DVD set. Inspires user to become Jaws (ISK). Lasts for 2 nights, at which point the DVD set is stolen and they revert. If opened by a RP, they must post or quote this video with each vote during this time. Players not told this is temporary. (NOT USED)

02. None Shall Vote - Nobody is allowed to vote without quoting Monty Python first. (beerman)

03. ZOMG BOMB! - Upon being opened, the opener dies immediately regardless of who. (NOT USED)

04. Jelly Repellent - Renders all bad RPs useless for the following night (beerman)

05. This is JEOPARDY - The opener must phrase his posts for the next day phase in the form of questions. (NOT USED)

06. Ghost Whisper - Can take one "voices of the dead" comment and find out who said it. (Hockeynut!)

07. Crank (The Jason Statham) - Must make at least 20 posts in 24 hours to keep your adrenaline up. If not, you die. (jwienand)

08. Chris Borque - Does nothing but we say "watch closely for a change" to whoever opens it. (jwienand)

09. Suicide Sponge - SpongeBob is depressed and drying up. He needs to see 3 smiley emotes that day or he'll blow his brains out.
(Irish Eyes)

10. LGP.com BOC - The user gets a bag of goodies that are used in this order: day 1 (after opening) - posts can only contain Britney Spears song titles and your vote (min 3 posts), night 1 - seer one player, day 2 - your vote is silenced... no vote for you!, night 2 - pick a player who cannot be voted out the following day, day 3 - your pick from the previous night is in play.
(NOT USED)

11. Time Machine - After being opened, time reverts back to the previous day. Any players who died in the meantime are alive. **The MS does not regain any devices given out**
(beerman)

12. Jelly Zombie - The MS bagged up a jellyfish zombie for some reason. If the opener is a good guy, he is eaten immediately. If the opener is bad, a random dead person is brought back to life for the bad guys, gets 1 kill the following night, then dies after feasting on brains.
(NOT USED)

13. Jelly Seeking Missile - Once deployed, if the opener votes for a jellyfish at any time during the next day phase, the day instantly ends and the jellyfish dies.
(beerman)

14. Lorax Laser - You guessed it. Only rhymes for them that day.
(NOT USED)

15. A Ball of Lint - The opener is so upset that he got crap that he pouts in the corner. He must be silent for the next day phase.
(NOT USED)

16. Sticky Tentacles - When opened by the player, if the final vote for the next voted out bad player is a good guy, he/she dies too.
(LITT)

17. NANerpus Bomb - Must only talk about breakfast and sign off each post "You can call me NANerpus! AND I LOVE PANCAKES!
(canaan)

18. Time Warp 2 - Skip the next night phase.
(NOT USED)

19. F U Hobo - Renders the Hobo's powers useless for the next night.
(EXPIRED)

20. A Giant Net - For the day phase following the opening of this device, once the vote has concluded, both the first and second place vote getters will die.
(NOT USED)

21. Bullet Proof Vest and Helmet - The opener is now immune to any bullets, missiles, or zombie jellyfish for the rest of the game.
(beerman)

22. The Jellificator - The opener is turned into a jellyfish. If they are already a jellyfish, they must speak in pig Latin for the next day phase.
(NOT USED)

23. Politics Blaster - Must spend the next two days in the LGP political thread accusing Guinnes and doublem and maybe Shafnutz of being pro-Jelly fish, anti-Hobo.
(CANCELED)

24. Time Warp 1 - Skip the next day phase.
(mac5155)

25. Hukt On Foniks - The opener must post phoenetically for the next day phase.
(NOT USED)

26. The Exposer - Upon opening this, the opener's role is revealed to the world
(wallflower)

27. What Are YOU Doing Here? - The person opening this device immediately dies but is reborn 2 days later.
(c2i)

28. Barnyard Boogie - All posts for the next day phase must contain pictures of farm animals.
(NOT USED)

29. Pepper Spray - After opening, the opener is protected from all night actions the following night. Anyone who acts on them (good or bad) is incapacitated the following day and cannot vote. If no action is taken on the opener, he incapacitates himself.
(beerman)

30. We Will... - user must lay out a 5 year plan for turning things around which involves trading NAN to FlyerPhans for FlyerNation and a couple cheese steaks from Tony Luke's.
(LITT)

31. Hobo Clone - Opening this device allows the hobo to protect 2 people for the next 2 nights instead of 1.
(RETIRED)

32. Defy Ordinary - The first player voted out is resurrected.
(wallflower)

33. You Never Gonna Catch Me - After being used, the next good player to be voted out miraculously escapes.
(beerman)

34. Can't Touch This - The player opening this will be spared from their gruesome death 1 time. Once used, they are fair game again.
(NOT USED)

35. The Burning Question - Once opened, the opener must spend the next day phase only debating Marianne vs Ginger, inevitably settling for Mrs. Howell. Them's the breaks.
(beerman)

36. Magic 8 Ball - the user may ask 3 questions of us via PM, but the answer is always "Ask Again Later."
(NOT USED)

*All people affected by a ridiculous package had to make at least 3 posts that day*

Action List! (thanks to TWC for keeping a extra neat track of this)

The Inebriated Hobo (AKA: Angel) – Senka
1. Self
2a. Self
2b. Self

Maggie the Monkey (AKA: Seer) – newarenanow
1. Senka
2. beerman
2b. c2i
3. tfrizz

The SpongeBob (AKA: Vigilante) – thehockeyguru
1. No Nets
2a. No Net (1 accumulated)
2b. No Net (1 accumulated)
3. No Net (1 accumulated)
4. sdm5055 (1 accumulated)
5. dagny (no nets)
7. Hockeynut! (no nets) (skipped day changed the schedule to odd nights)
8. No Nets
9. npv (no nets)
10. No Nets
11. No Nets (1 accumulated)
12. relantel (no nets)

Miss Cleo – Azkar (SECRET)
1. No One
2a. No One
2b. No One
3. Senka
4. NAN
5. dagny
7. canaan
8. Pavel Bure
9. beerman
10. No One
11. MWB
12. No One

Mad Scientist (SECRET) – beerman wallflower
1. Keep 4, 24 to mac (used Night 2a, delayed until 2b)
2a. Keep 11, 6 to Hockeynut! (wanted to use Night 3, but VOD were not active yet. died w/o using)
2b. Keep 33, 27 to c2i (used Night 2b)
3. Keep 29, 17 to canaan (used Night 5)
4. Keep 13, 30 to canaan (returned EOD 5)
5. Keep 35, 7 to jwienand (used Night 7, extended 1 day)
7. Keep 21, 9 to IE (used Night 8, delayed until 9)
8. Keep 2, 30 to LITT (used Night 9)
9. Keep 26, 16 to LITT (used Night 10) (wf takes over)
10. Keep 32, 8 to jwienand (died w/o using)

Jellies Eat - Pavel Bure cup keeper
1. Troy (via cup keeper)
2a. PFIDC (blocked)
2b. Senka
3. NAN
4. redwill
5. Juice
7. jaysmiter (cup keeper takes over)
8. Kicksave beerman
9. BLOCKED
10. wallflower
11. crayz
12. Kicksave c2i
13. tfrizz
14. penscup
15. slappybrown

Mangrove Jellyfish (SECRET) – jwienand
1. mac
2a. dagny (blocked)
2b. NAN
3. LITT
4. shafnutz
5. slappybrown
7. Kicksave
8. wallflower
9. BLOCKED
10. relantel

The Squid (Role Blocker) (SECRET) – canaan
1. count2
2a. PFIDC
2b. Senka
3. LITT
4. shafnutz
5. Juice
Last edited by Corvidae on Sat Jan 23, 2010 1:08 am, edited 6 times in total.
the wicked child
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Re: *** JELLYFISH INVASION LUAU THREAD!!! ***

Post by the wicked child »

Note: beerman used #33 - that is what saved PFIDC.
canaan
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by canaan »

if you remember, what was the other package i had, but never opened?
Corvidae
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by Corvidae »

canaan wrote:if you remember, what was the other package i had, but never opened?
I believe it was 30, which was returned and sent to LITT.
canaan
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by canaan »

Corvidae wrote:
canaan wrote:if you remember, what was the other package i had, but never opened?
I believe it was 30, which was returned and sent to LITT.
o i c.

thanks.
Kicksave
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Kicksave »

Most active topic: *** JELLYFISH INVASION I GAME THREAD *** (Part 2)
(232 Posts / 1.74% of your posts)
whoops. :lol:
Kicksave
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Kicksave »

This explains why my work production went into the **** this week.
Corvidae
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by Corvidae »

Kicksave wrote:This explains why my work production went into the **** this week.
:lol:

You had to have over 300, counting the first one. :thumb:
MWB
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by MWB »

Wow, I wish they were all used.
#23 would have been awesome. What does it mean that some were retired?
Kicksave
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Kicksave »

:thumb: for my post-count though.
crayz
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by crayz »

MWB wrote:Wow, I wish they were all used.
i assume removed from game?
Kicksave
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Kicksave »

net crayz
crayz
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by crayz »

Kicksave wrote:net crayz
:scared:

haha...i wanted you to be bad. Although, towards the end I started backing off somewhat as doubt started creeping in.

Maybe it was i just wanted you dead for dissin me at the pens/canes game :)
Corvidae
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by Corvidae »

Why C2I returned twice...

11. Time Machine - After being opened, time reverts back to the previous day. Any players who died in the meantime are alive. **The MS does not regain any devices given out**
27. What Are YOU Doing Here? - The person opening this device immediately dies but is reborn 2 days later.

Why penscup returned...

32. Defy Ordinary - The first player voted out is resurrected. (c2i was alive at the time. In theory, he could have returned 3 times)

Why PFIDC came back...

33. You Never Gonna Catch Me - After being used, the next good player to be voted out miraculously escapes

Time Stuff...

Time Machine and Time Warp 1 (Skip the next day phase) were used one right after the other at the beginning of the game.
wallflower
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by wallflower »

Corvidae wrote:
Kicksave wrote:This explains why my work production went into the **** this week.
:lol:

You had to have over 300, counting the first one. :thumb:
He was at over 200 as of Sunday night between both threads when I was doing my half-*kittens*ed research, so yeah, probably in the high 300s if not near 400. :lol:
Kicksave
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Kicksave »

Whoops a daisy.
relantel
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by relantel »

Wow. I think I had 75 between the three threads (including a couple in the dead thread).
the wicked child
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

I am beyond exhausted. I believe I did SEVEN writeups today! It's a good thing I had 2 writeups ready for Day 12 (one Azkar, one cup keeper) cuz by the time I had to post the finale I was mentally toast.
Corvidae
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by Corvidae »

crayz wrote:
MWB wrote:Wow, I wish they were all used.
i assume removed from game?
Some were "retired" because they could no longer be used do to events in the game. Like anything concerning the Inebriated Hobo after he died. We told beerman they expired.

We decided against 23 after we got our own board. Admin/dags went to all the trouble to give us our new board (and banish us), it was best not to invade NHR again! :lol: I told beerman he was as sloppy worker and got a bunch of food in that one, or something.
MWB
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by MWB »

Corvidae wrote: We decided against 23 after we got our own board. Admin/dags went to all the trouble to give us our new board (and banish us), it was best not to invade NHR again! :lol: I told beerman he was as sloppy worker and got a bunch of food in that one, or something.
It probably would have made someone's head explode or led to someone getting banned.
Kicksave
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Kicksave »

23. Politics Blaster - Must spend the next two days in the LGP political thread accusing Guinnes and doublem and maybe Shafnutz of being pro-Jelly fish, anti-Hobo. (3 min) (retired)

Can I do this anyway?
count2infinity
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by count2infinity »

Corvidae wrote:
Why penscup returned...

32. Defy Ordinary - The first player voted out is resurrected. (c2i was alive at the time. In theory, he could have returned 3 times)
that would have been epic!
MWB
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by MWB »

Kicksave wrote:23. Politics Blaster - Must spend the next two days in the LGP political thread accusing Guinnes and doublem and maybe Shafnutz of being pro-Jelly fish, anti-Hobo. (3 min) (retired)

Can I do this anyway?
Please do it.
the wicked child
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

I'm pretty sad that no one became Jaws... that was my favorite device, I think.
Corvidae
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by Corvidae »

the wicked child wrote:I'm pretty sad that no one became Jaws... that was my favorite device, I think.
Yeah, that would have been sweet. Probably my favorite non-ridiculous one. I was also hooping to see the Zombie Jelly.