Super bowl not as satisfying as I thought it would be

Forum for posts that are not hockey-related.
Peter

Super bowl not as satisfying as I thought it would be

Post by Peter »

Is anyone else feeling this? I mean, sure I'm happy we won. But for some reason it's not as satisfying as I thought it would be. To me, the Indy game was absolutely the most satisfying game ever. We totally dominated despite some bad calls.

But yesterday, we sucked, they sucked, ben sucked, the defense wasn't at it's best (solve the 3 step drop, fellas).

Really, I'm not trying to damper the spirits. We should enjoy this, but there's just something about it, I can't identify. I just thought winning the Super Bowl was supposed to be extremely gratifying. It is, but then it isn't. I can't explain it.

Am I crazy?

Now, if it was a Pens Cup, I would be crazy!
the wicked child
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by the wicked child »

I agree to an extent... I'm still really excited, but it was a bad game (I think the extra week off had a LOT to do with it)... on top of that, because of the officiaiting, nobody wants to give the steelers their due for pulling off one of the most impressive single season feats EVER.

Seriously. Everywhere you go "boo f-ing hooo. officials. officials. boo hoo".

Nobody wants to pay attention to the fact that the Steelers made plays when they needed to and the Seahwaks frankly didn't.
DelPen
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by DelPen »

I would have prefered a rout but I'm happy. It's not nearly as big as when the Pens won the Cups though.

And I like this "the refs gave you them the game" crap. It will only make them more hungry for "real" championship next year.
GJ
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by GJ »

I agree that the week off affected play. I wish that they would go back to playing the playoffs in consecutive weeks. But it's all about the money & hype for an extra week.
passmaster16
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by passmaster16 »

One thing I don't like about football is that the Superbowl is played at a netural location. I think some of the emotion is lost when the game isn't played in the hometown...but obviously to be fair as well as money factors, this is not done in football. I like how hockey, baseball, and basketball have games played in both hometown cities during the championship series. I believe this makes it easier to get excited as well as attached to the series going forward. Yeah the Steelers fans far outnumbered the Seahawks fans at the Superbowl, but the win didn't feel as personal to me as I expected. And maybe that is because the Steelers have been on the road all the way through the playoffs.