NEW SUPER COOL WEREWOLF GAME RULES AND GUIDELINES THREAD

Forum for NHR "Wars" Games
Juice
AHL'er
AHL'er

NEW SUPER COOL WEREWOLF GAME RULES AND GUIDELINES THREAD

Post by Juice »

Please read these rules completely before asking any questions. There are changes from the classic version and they are highlighted in BIG PINK lettering.
I will start a sign-up thread, and an official game thread once the game is scheduled to start.

All roles will be randomly generated using http://www.random.org/lists/
There will be two teams consisting of (1) AlphaWolf and (29) Villagers to start. Among the villagers will be three secret roles which will be: Seer, Angel, and Vigilante. The villagers will win if they kill all of the werewolves, and the werewolves win if the number of werewolves is greater than or equal to the number of villagers. This will be done through two repeating 12 HOUR TIME LIMIT phases: night and day. IF THE AMOUNT OF LYNCH VOTES NEEDED FOR A MAJORITY HAS NOT BEEN REACHED, THE PERSON WITH THE MOST VOTES AT THAT TIME WILL BE LYNCHED. IF THE SPECIAL ROLE PLAYERS DO NOT PM ME IN THE 12-HOUR WINDOW, THEY WILL LOSE THEIR ABILITY TO EAT/RECRUIT/SEE/PROTECT/SHOOT.

PHASES:

NIGHT: During the night, the AlphaWolf has two choices: 1) eated a villager or 2) recruit a villager to be a wolf. The seer will consult the gods(Juice) of the identity of one player. The angel will choose to protect one player. The vigilante will choose to kill someone if the vigilante chooses to do so if the vigilante has a silver bullet.

DAY: During the day, all villagers (which includes werewolves, angel, seer, vigilante, and normal villagers) will debate in the thread about who to lynch. Player's official votes will be announced in yellow text, discussion in regular text. Players may change votes whenever inclined to do so but once a majority vote occurs, a villager will be hanged. The villager's true identity will then be revealed.

ROLES:

ALPHAWOLF: IF THE ALPHAWOLF DIES, THE WOLVES LOSE THEIR ABILITY TO RECRUIT. During the night phase, Alphawolf must send pm to Juice when the decision on whether to eat or recruit is reached. If the AlphaWolf tries to eat/recruit the Vigilante, both players will die. If the AlphaWolf tries to recruit the SEER OR ANGEL, nothing will happen in that night phase, similar to when the wolves attempt to eat an angel-protected player.

SEER: Will consult the gods (Juice) each night of another player's identity.

ANGEL: Will choose to protect a player each night by sending a pm to Juice. The player the Angel chooses (it can choose itself) cannot be killed by werewolves or the vigilante if chosen by werewolves or vigilante on that given night.

VIGILANTE: The vigilante will be given a silver bullet every 2 nights. When the player chooses to use these bullets is up to the player. The vigilante, however, can only shoot one other player per night. Ex: Vigilante will receive silver bullets on day 2,4,6...etc but can choose to use them any day that they see fit, e.g. 2,4,6 or 4,4,6 or 6,6,6 if they decide to do so.

READ THIS SECTION. IT IS JUST AS IMPORTANT AS THE ACTUAL GAMEPLAY RULES.
-Guidelines and ethics:
-First and foremost, it is really important that everyone follow all of the rules and guidelines. I am not a moderator so I cannot enforce any of these rules, but they are crucial to the game being as fun as it can be.
-No afterlife thread (no not even in the "hidden" test forum), waaah I know it's fun but it often contains unfair open information to those playing the game.
-There is to be no Werewolf talk in the LGP Chat, as it is not viewable by everyone at all times.
-Only werewolves may talk in private.All other discussion must be in this thread and open to the everyone. IE: Seer cannot contact a person who seer is sure of is not a werewolf and discuss strategy, etc.
-Once you are dead, you are no longer allowed to post in thread for any reason whatsoever especially to give up secret information you may know.
-Don't make an afterlife thread, seriously.
-DON'T BOTHER PLAYING IF YOU ARE GOING TO COMPLAIN ABOUT NO AFTERLIFE THREAD WAAAAAHHH
-DO NOT POST MY PM TO YOU TO TRY TO PROVE YOUR ROLE!
-DO NOT EDIT POSTS. You are encouraged to thoroughly think through what you want others to see. If you change your mind, please create a new post. IF YOU NEED TO CHANGE A VOTE, UNLYNCH THEPLAYER in blue, then repost your new vote in yellow.

I would like to ask non-players to yield from posting in this thread or deterring the game, if you have a question about the game, or how to get in the next one, ask me I will tell you
-Lastly, this is a game. We're here to have fun. Let's play the game out until the end and make sure we're respectful of others.
Last edited by Juice on Mon Aug 10, 2009 5:41 pm, edited 2 times in total.
mac5155
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Re: NEW SUPER COOL WEREWOLF GAME RULES AND GUIDELINES THREAD

Post by mac5155 »

FIRST!
Azkar
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Azkar »

nice
beerman
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by beerman »

I like this idea
AlexPKeaton
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by AlexPKeaton »

So the normal wolves have nothing to do except act like normal villagers? They don't get to vote on anything?
Troy Loney
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Troy Loney »

cool....
mac5155
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by mac5155 »

in theory couldnt the alpha just recruit a wolf every night and eventually have more?
Troy Loney
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Troy Loney »

AlexPKeaton wrote:So the normal wolves have nothing to do except act like normal villagers? They don't get to vote on anything?

the normal wolves will consult with the alpha once they are recruited i believe.
Troy Loney
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Troy Loney »

mac5155 wrote:in theory couldnt the alpha just recruit a wolf every night and eventually have more?
it gives the wolves a little bit of an advantage, but they still have to get lucky and not recruit a role player or get lynched during the day.
mac5155
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by mac5155 »

Troy Loney wrote:
mac5155 wrote:in theory couldnt the alpha just recruit a wolf every night and eventually have more?
it gives the wolves a little bit of an advantage, but they still have to get lucky and not recruit a role player or get lynched during the day.
yeah and i guess once the alpha is gone there could only be theoretically no wolves.
Juice
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Juice »

The alpha will consult with his new wolf buddies on how to act once he recruits them. But it is and always will be the alpha wolf deciding who gets da nom.
beerman
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by beerman »

couple questions for juice, if the alpha recruits/eats the vig on the first night then the game would be over that quick? Cause that would blow :lol:

When the alpha recruits someone will the village be told that the alpha has recruited a new wolf or will it just say no action?
mac5155
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by mac5155 »

good point beerman.. that would def suck lol.
Zarovich
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Zarovich »

I think you should modify the vig again. As it is now, the wolves can't take the vig out and can only be hung by the village. I think the vig should be able to be eaten but not recruited and the wolf should only die if the vig has a bullet. Just my thought :)
Zarovich
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Zarovich »

beerman wrote:couple questions for juice, if the alpha recruits/eats the vig on the first night then the game would be over that quick? Cause that would blow :lol:

When the alpha recruits someone will the village be told that the alpha has recruited a new wolf or will it just say no action?
Ya. I think the vig should be able to be eaten if the vig has no bullet.
mac5155
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by mac5155 »

Zarovich wrote:
beerman wrote:couple questions for juice, if the alpha recruits/eats the vig on the first night then the game would be over that quick? Cause that would blow :lol:

Ya. I think the vig should be able to be eaten if the vig has no bullet.
well the vig can be EATEN but if he is recruited then the alpha and the vig are gone.
beerman
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by beerman »

Zarovich wrote:I think you should modify the vig again. As it is now, the wolves can't take the vig out and can only be hung by the village. I think the vig should be able to be eaten but not recruited and the wolf should only die if the vig has a bullet. Just my thought :)
I don't think it's bad that the wolves can't eat the vig, IMO and I've said this many times, the vig is more of a detriment to the village than the wolves. I was more or less just asking about what happened if the alpha tries to recruit or eat the vig on the first night.
Troy Loney
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Troy Loney »

Why cant the wolves eat any of the role players?
Juice
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Juice »

beerman wrote:if the alpha recruits/eats the vig on the first night then the game would be over that quick? Cause that would blow :lol:
Yeah the game would end on that day, i just figured there is a 95% chance that wouldn't happen
beerman wrote:When the alpha recruits someone will the village be told that the alpha has recruited a new wolf or will it just say no action?
yes it will say that someone amongst you has been recruited to werewolfdom
Last edited by Juice on Wed Jul 15, 2009 10:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
Juice
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Juice »

Troy Loney wrote:Why cant the wolves eat any of the role players?
i'm sorry, that was a typo, it should read that the wolves can't recruit the seer or angel, but can eat the seer/angel
AlexPKeaton
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by AlexPKeaton »

That would be overpowered imo. Especially if the Seer goes down.
Juice
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Juice »

If the AlphaWolf tries to eat/recruit the Vigilante, both players will die.
beerman
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by beerman »

Juice wrote:
beerman wrote:if the alpha recruits/eats the vig on the first night then the game would be over that quick? Cause that would blow :lol:
Yeah the game would end on that day, i just figured there is a 95% chance that wouldn't happen
beerman wrote:When the alpha recruits someone will the village be told that the alpha has recruited a new wolf or will it just say no action?
yes it will say that someone amongst you has been recruited to werewolfdom
cool thanks, I didn't figure there's a very good chance that would happen but just wondered just in case it did.
Troy Loney
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Troy Loney »

Juice wrote:
i'm sorry, that was a typo, it should read that the wolves can't recruit the seer or angel, but can eat the seer/angel
Ok...because that wouldn't make sense at all...the seer and angel would just come out immediately...