Fletcher on next WBS coach

Forum for Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins and Wheeling Nailers messages.
Jim
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Re: Fletcher on next WBS coach

Post by Jim »

The Futuristic Bird wrote:Which makes clearer that perhaps Michel's new bosses both think he's more of an AHL than NHL coach.
What? Holy stretch Batman! Or maybe they thing that the Therrian is a great model for coaching at every level. Wow, where did you pull they think he is better suited for the AHL out of? WOW!
canaan
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by canaan »

The Futuristic Bird wrote:Simple. When Fletcher described his ideal coach he said specifically for THAT level. Makes me think that they don't think Therrien's edge necessarily will translate to success in the NHL. Certainly, his track record of success is best in the lower levels, so they have every right to be suspicious.
im confused on where youre making this connection
Jim
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Jim »

canaan wrote:im confused on where youre making this connection
Take some Yoga classes and you to can stretch like that...
canaan
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by canaan »

Jim wrote:
thats my LGP zinger of the day.
canaan
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by canaan »

Jim wrote:
that is my lgp zinger of the day :shock:
Jim
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Jim »

So is that two zingers then? Double your fun?
Paul Baxter
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Illogical post

Post by Paul Baxter »

Futuristic Bird, your argument that Shero and Fletcher think Therrien is better suited for the AHL is completely illogical. Consider the illogic of your argument:

Fletcher makes a statement about the attributes for an ideal coach. Sounds like those attributes fit Therrien. Agreed. So, how does that make Shero and Fletcher wanting to demote Therrien to WBS? It doesn't. From Fletcher's statement I would conclude that Fletcher probably likes Therrien's coaching style, which I would further conclude to mean that Fletcher and Shero want to hire ANOTHER coach in the Therrien mold for WBS. In other words, if Shero and Fletcher like Therrien's coaching style, which you, yourself infer, then one would think that they are thankful to have him coaching the big club in Pittsburgh.

Finally, you state that Shero was not too happy about having to inherit Therrien as his head coach. That statement is sheer speculation on your part and has no basis of fact whatsover. From what I have heard and read, Shero and Therrien have worked together extremely well since Shero joined the organization.

It appears to me that your logic (or lack thereof) is totally influenced by a personal bias you have against Terrien coaching in the NHL. Not based on any facts whatsoever. As far as I'm concerned, Therrien belongs in the NHL and I think he will do a great job as head coach of the Big Pens.
DelPen
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by DelPen »

So does this also mean Fletcher will be making the decisions for WBS like Shero did for Milwauke when he was the preds Assistant GM? CP ran both teams before, right?
Jim
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Jim »

The Futuristic Bird wrote:I don't think it's a stretch, but don't let me deprive you of your fun. It's not a secret that Shero wasn't pleased about being saddled with a coach in place when he took the job.
While I do remember it being said that one stipulation before hiring Shero was that he had to keep Therian... I do not recall seeing thet Shero was upset by that or that he would rather have someone else or anything like that.
Jim
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Jim »

DelPen wrote:So does this also mean Fletcher will be making the decisions for WBS like Shero did for Milwauke when he was the preds Assistant GM? CP ran both teams before, right?
If Shero liked that set-up in Nashville, it would make sense that he would do the same thing here.