Wheeling @ Toledo --GAME 1 TONIGHT!

Forum for Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins and Wheeling Nailers messages.
Nailers
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Wheeling @ Toledo --GAME 1 TONIGHT!

Post by Nailers »

The Northern Division Finals begin tonight in Toledo, OH as the #1 seed Toledo Storm host the #2 seed Wheeling Nailers. Toledo finished 1 point ahead of Wheeling to capture the ECHL North Division's Regular Season banner. Game time is set for 7 PM

Key Players for Wheeling Nailers:
G Andy Franck, F Sean Collins, F Arpad Mihaly, F Brendon Hodge

Key Players for Toledo Storm:
G Logan Koopmans, F Adam Keefe, F Scooter Smith, F Ken Magowan, F Braken Kearns

Previous Round (ECHL Northern Division Quarterfinals):

#1 Toledo Storm vs. #4 Johnstown Chiefs
Toledo wins series (3-0)

#2 Wheeling Nailers vs. #3 Reading Royals
Wheeling wins series (3-1)
Jim
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Jim »

I looked at the stats for the season and I saw that Wheeling and Toledo played eachother 13 times this season. THIRTEEN times?!?!? WTF, seriously...
Nailers
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Post by Nailers »

Jim wrote:I looked at the stats for the season and I saw that Wheeling and Toledo played eachother 13 times this season. THIRTEEN times?!?!? WTF, seriously...
The Nailers played every team in their division 12 or 13 times due to travel. Hopefully with Cincinnati coming into the league again next year, we will play each team less. I would like to see more of the Southern teams, but due to travel expenses, that is unlikely.
Jim
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Jim »

The extreme division/conference play is rediculas. Even 6 times is pushing it. 13 is just F'd in the head!
MWW
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by MWW »

Nailers wrote:
Jim wrote:I looked at the stats for the season and I saw that Wheeling and Toledo played eachother 13 times this season. THIRTEEN times?!?!? WTF, seriously...
The Nailers played every team in their division 12 or 13 times due to travel. Hopefully with Cincinnati coming into the league again next year, we will play each team less. I would like to see more of the Southern teams, but due to travel expenses, that is unlikely.
Which team won the season series , btw ?

is wheeling the underdog or the favorite ?
Jim
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Jim »

The record for Wheeling was 5-7-1, so they technically lost the series.
Jim
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Jim »

Toledo outscored them 38-20 (not including shootout). Toledo had the better powerplay 14.3% to 11.2%. Toldeo outshot Wheeling 402 to 350.

Between the two teems there was 616 PIMs for 47.4 a game, so they were apparently quite lively.