Wheeling Nailers @ Reading Royals---GAME 1

Forum for Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins and Wheeling Nailers messages.
Nailers
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Wheeling Nailers @ Reading Royals---GAME 1

Post by Nailers »

No. 2 Wheeling Nailers (45-21-6) at No. 3 Reading Royals (42-23-7) 7:08 p.m. ET
* Royals are 4-2 in the last six games against the Nailers, including 2-2 record in one-goal games.
* Sean Collins (27g-49a) is the first rookie to lead the Nailers in scoring since Zenon Konopka in 2002-03.
* Larry Courville has four goals and five points in Royals last two games at home against the Nailers.
* Nailers' Brendon Hodge (4g-5a) and Arpad Mihaly (3g-6a) have 18 points in the last five games.
* Doug Christiansen leads Reading against Wheeling with seven goals and 11 points in 11 games.
* Wheeling is making its second playoff appearance in the last three years having lost to Reading in 2004.

Wheeling Intelligencer Preview:
http://www.theintelligencer.net/sports/ ... cleID=4801

Reading Eagle Preview:
http://www.readingeagle.com/re/sports/1509914.asp
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Welcome to the board and good luck tonight!
Nailers
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Post by Nailers »

Thanks! I'll try to post a recap after each playoff game.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Nailers wrote:I'll try to post a recap after each playoff game.
That would be very much appreciated!
Jim
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Jim »

I like having the Nailers so close. It's nice to be able to see a different team once in a while while still rooting for them.
Vanbiesbrouck
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by Vanbiesbrouck »

Can anybody provide a little info. about game nights? I've never made it to a game but am considering Tuesday night. Is parking an issue and are there places within walking distance to grab dinner, etc before or after the game?

The website provides a little info, but I'd like to hear from those of you that have been there already. Thanks!
Nailers
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Post by Nailers »

Vanbiesbrouck wrote:Can anybody provide a little info. about game nights? I've never made it to a game but am considering Tuesday night. Is parking an issue and are there places within walking distance to grab dinner, etc before or after the game?

The website provides a little info, but I'd like to hear from those of you that have been there already. Thanks!
There is a parking garage right next to Wesbanco Arena. There is a restaurant right across the street from the Arena called River City Ale' Works. It is a bar & grill type of place. You can grab a bite to eat and have a drink if you wish. You will have no problems finding a place to park on Tuesday night. With it being the playoffs, the corportate sponsors usually don't buy playoff tickets. Attendance leaguewide usually goes down for the playoffs.
Vanbiesbrouck
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by Vanbiesbrouck »

Thanks Nailers! Do you know anything about the tailgate party that the Nailers website advertises before the playoff games?
Nailers
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Post by Nailers »

Vanbiesbrouck wrote:Thanks Nailers! Do you know anything about the tailgate party that the Nailers website advertises before the playoff games?
They usually have hotdogs and a beerwagon outside, in front of the arena. I think they are going to get some sort of live entertainment as well. Last time, they had one of the local radio stations broadcasting from there. They usually have some kinds of games for the kids as well.
Vanbiesbrouck
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by Vanbiesbrouck »

Hotdogs and a beer wagon? Throw in a guy with bottle rockets after the game, and it's a guaranteed sellout with only Yinzers. Nobody from Wheeling will be able to get in.

Thanks for the info!
Jim
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Jim »

Park on the street. There are also a couple lots half block before the arena that are like $3 to park at.

The Ale Works is really good food, but give a litle extra time as the service is SSSSSLLLLOOOOOWWWWW.