Steve McKenna and the AIHL..................

Forum for hockey posts that are not Penguins-related.
AussiePenguin
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Steve McKenna and the AIHL..................

Post by AussiePenguin »

Big Bird Steve McKenna is coming back to play his second season in the AUSTRALIAN HOCKEY LEAGUE (AIHL) for the Adelaide Avalanche :D They made the final last season but lost out to the Newcastle North Stars...McKenna was very popular when visiting my home town team the BRISBANE BLUETONGUES, with many fans labeling him "The Skirt" :D all good natured fun regarding his unwillingness to hit anyone.. :D..but he was great fun in the bar after the game...entertaiining one and all :D

Our League runs April-Sept with 8 teams playing mostly on Saturdays and Sundays, with McKenna the biggest name ex- NHLer so far...but rumours abound of one particular player joining our Brisbane Bluetongues this season :D
RusPenMario

Post by RusPenMario »

Cool!

I followed his career in Australia till the end of regular season, didn't know they've lost the final. Here is their official site

http://www.adelaideavalanche.com/
relantel
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

big Mac down under, eh?

Post by relantel »

So that's where he went. Always wondered. I still recall the season where he got an assist in the last game to avoid setting the record for most goals with no assists...
rb44
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Post by rb44 »

Wow Steve McKenna! Im sure glad he is long gone from this team - he couldnt even hardly stand on skates let alone skate but he sure was funny.....What the Pens really are missing this year is some Marc Bergiven. We need some Bergie...he sure was funny too. *sarcasm*
Jerez
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by Jerez »

Hey, there are a lot worse places to play out your career. In fact, I can't think of a better place than Down Under.

Enjoy yourself, Big Mac!
jmh70

Re: Steve McKenna and the AIHL..................

Post by jmh70 »

AussiePenguin wrote:with many fans labeling him "The Skirt" :D all good natured fun regarding his unwillingness to hit anyone
Good to know Steve hasn't changed.