BuzzOntheBurgh - Little Credibility

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.
EagleMorph
AHL'er
AHL'er

BuzzOntheBurgh - Little Credibility

Post by EagleMorph »

Folks, throughout the rest of the free agent period, please treat the Buzzontheburgh Blog as having only very marginal credibility.

I think it would keep everything less insane around here if we stick to the more credible sources at HockeysFuture, TSN, Sportsnet, and others.
Angle
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by Angle »

No, the Pens deal was a done deal... except the St. Louis deal was... "Saved at the zero-hour by a koala-fish-mutant bird."

Name that quote. :)
Sigwolf
AHL'er
AHL'er

Re: BuzzOntheBurgh - Little Credibility

Post by Sigwolf »

EagleMorph wrote:Folks, throughout the rest of the free agent period, please treat the Buzzontheburgh Blog as having only very marginal credibility.

I think it would keep everything less insane around here if we stick to the more credible sources at HockeysFuture, TSN, Sportsnet, and others.
I think "very marginal" is giving them way too much credit. :lol:
Henry Hank
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by Henry Hank »

Little credibility? They have absolutely none. They've been wrong about everything, even embarrassingly so at times. They just make stuff up but people are dumb enough to continue going there.
EagleMorph
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by EagleMorph »

Henry Hank wrote:Little credibility? They have absolutely none. They've been wrong about everything, even embarrassingly so at times. They just make stuff up but people are dumb enough to continue going there.
I just hate dumping on another website. It's just become very apparent that this place will riot if posters accept everything from this particular one.
SolidSnake
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by SolidSnake »

letsgopens87
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by letsgopens87 »

I'm really curious to know how much he got from the Blues.
Fast B
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Fast B »

squirrel wrote:
Angle wrote:No, the Pens deal was a done deal... except the St. Louis deal was... "Saved at the zero-hour by a koala-fish-mutant bird."

Is this JD's way of spitting water in the face of the Penguins?
If I see him again, I'll break his f-ing head open. :)
Titojones69
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Post by Titojones69 »

letsgopens87 wrote:
I'm really curious to know how much he got from the Blues.
From the Buzz

12:05: Once the Blues missed out on Jason Blake, they came out of nowhere and pursued Paul Kariya to sign in St.Louis. The Penguins offer was substantially less than St.Louis. The Blues are believed to have offered Kariya a 3 yr deal worth over 5 million. The Penguins had a 3 - 12 million deal on the table. Vancouver was also a finalist.

Whats funny is Tkachuk said like at 1 oclock he was tryin to talk Kariya into signing with STL..Jason Blake wasnt off the market till 732..I love how they Came out of nowhere and swooped in and signed him away..Bottom line its all crap on that blog
Jim
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Jim »

EagleMorph wrote:Folks, throughout the rest of the free agent period, please treat the Buzzontheburgh Blog as having only very marginal credibility.

EVERY rumor sight has no credibility. Seriously. Unless these guys have taps on the GM's phones or someone actually works in the office and is helping work on deals and then jumping on the web to "leak" the info... It's all 100% pure speculation and bull-poo. ALL...
EagleMorph
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by EagleMorph »

Jim wrote:

EVERY rumor sight has no credibility. Seriously. Unless these guys have taps on the GM's phones or someone actually works in the office and is helping work on deals and then jumping on the web to "leak" the info... It's all 100% pure speculation and bull-poo. ALL...
Several other sites, especially the ones I mentioned, are far more accurate. Yes, rumors don't always come true, but the sites mentioned are pretty accurate.
crzymike
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by crzymike »

Jim wrote:

agree completely
JS©
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by JS© »

Fast B wrote:
squirrel wrote:
Angle wrote:No, the Pens deal was a done deal... except the St. Louis deal was... "Saved at the zero-hour by a koala-fish-mutant bird."

Is this JD's way of spitting water in the face of the Penguins?
If I see him again, I'll break his f-ing head open. :)
This board would be great if it wasn't for the bleeping posters :)
ivand87
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by ivand87 »

Tribune Review reported this.

And wasn't BuzzOnTheBurgh just taking Eklund's rumors? I think it's either that or they had the same sources. Because Eklund also confirmed the Kariya rumors.

He was only covering Penguins' rumors. Maybe if he had been covering the whole league he would have gotten a few of them right.

It says in the Tribune Review that the Pens offered Kariya $4 million/year. So he wasn't wrong, really.
EagleMorph
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by EagleMorph »

ivand87 wrote:Tribune Review reported this.

And wasn't BuzzOnTheBurgh just taking Eklund's rumors? I think it's either that or they had the same sources. Because Eklund also confirmed the Kariya rumors.

He was only covering Penguins' rumors. Maybe if he had been covering the whole league he would have gotten a few of them right.

It says in the Tribune Review that the Pens offered Kariya $4 million/year. So he wasn't wrong, really.
I don't trust the Trib, either.

They've been just as wrong over many things in the past.
Sigwolf
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Sigwolf »

ivand87 wrote:Tribune Review reported this.

Buzzontheburgh reported that the Pens signing Kariya was a lock, a done deal. You can't get much more wrong than that...
tluke53
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by tluke53 »

Rumors should be taken with a grain of salt no matter where they come from.
letsgopens87
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by letsgopens87 »

I think everyone just got spoiled when PSI turned out to be a reliable rumor site. It's obvious buzzontheburgh isn't.
letsgopens87
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by letsgopens87 »

Ogie wrote:
letsgopens87 wrote:I think everyone just got spoiled when PSI turned out to be a reliable rumor site. It's obvious buzzontheburgh isn't.
PSI reported last year Pitt and Penn State were renewing their rivalry. They alsio switched back and forths between Pitt and Penn State over where McCoy was going to go.

That site is just as bad.
Well, I only go to them for Penguin rumors and they've been much more reliable than BOTB.
KennyTheKangaroo
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by KennyTheKangaroo »

i think blogs are creating a serious issue concerning journalistic integrity
pfim
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by pfim »

They alsio switched back and forths between Pitt and Penn State over where McCoy was going to go.
Yes, but so did McCoy, so apparently they were right on with that :P
pfim
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by pfim »

KennyTheKangaroo wrote:i think blogs are creating a serious issue concerning journalistic integrity
Only if you consider them journalism.