Pirates vs. Mariners

Forum for posts that are not hockey-related.
Kaizer
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Pirates vs. Mariners

Post by Kaizer »

Once again I root AGAINST all you guys. Also, this may be the first game ive ever seen of the Pirates on tv. SODO MOJO!
Kaizer
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by Kaizer »

double fer guillen.
Rocco
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Rocco »

Freddy Sanchez makes it 3-1 in the top of the 5th. Right about now I start praying for rain after 5 innings under most circumstances, but that wouldn't accomplish much.
Rocco
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Rocco »

4-1 Pirates after 6. The Pirates need to keep adding on runs- with Capps suspended, that means Grabow is one pitcher closer to coming in to blow the game.
newarenanow
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by newarenanow »

I couldn't stay awake for the whole game. How did they look.
schreibdog
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by schreibdog »

They didn't look too bad. Gorzy was strong in for 7 innings, striking out 6. The bullpen wobbled in the 8th, but that's nothing new. Bayliss struggled, giving up a homer, single, and a walk while getting just one out. But Kuwata came in and got a quick out to end the 8th.

Looks like Chacon is the closer for this series while Capps serves his suspension.

Buccos suprisingly had 6 walks last night!
Troy Loney
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Troy Loney »

I caught it from about the third inning on. they were getting men on base real well, but never really getting a clutch hit. they were having good at bats and getting ahead in the count, but when pitchers attack and they get behind in counts they look hopless, i distinctly remember an at bat from nady where he took strikes and chased pittches out of the zone and struck out on three pitches. i'm pretty sure anything out of the infield would have scored a run in that situation. considering the number of walks and hits they really should have scored more runs.