Constantine to Wild's AHL Affiliate

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.
TheHammer24
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Constantine to Wild's AHL Affiliate

Post by TheHammer24 »

cbssportsline.com
The Minnesota Wild picked former NHL coach Kevin Constantine to lead their primary minor league affiliate, the Houston Aeros of the American Hockey League.
Mad City Mike
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Re: Constantine to Wild's AHL Affiliate

Post by Mad City Mike »

TheHammer24 wrote:cbssportsline.com
The Minnesota Wild picked former NHL coach Kevin Constantine to lead their primary minor league affiliate, the Houston Aeros of the American Hockey League.
I guess they want one master of the trap to teach the kids at the AHL level so that they are ready to play for THE master of it when they come to the NHL.

Gack. :evil: :evil: :evil:
eastonpensfan
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by eastonpensfan »

The Houston Aeros were the worst team in the AHL's Western Conference. I don't see Constantine turning that around any time soon.

The AHL's "Vet rule" keeps teams from signing a lot of AHL vets and trying to win that way. Usually, the AHL team's record is indicative of how the NHL affiliate team has drafted over the past 2-3 years.
Jimmy66
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by Jimmy66 »

eastonpensfan wrote:The Houston Aeros were the worst team in the AHL's Western Conference. I don't see Constantine turning that around any time soon.

The AHL's "Vet rule" keeps teams from signing a lot of AHL vets and trying to win that way. Usually, the AHL team's record is indicative of how the NHL affiliate team has drafted over the past 2-3 years.
NPR! Sorry man, couldn't resist.
eastonpensfan
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by eastonpensfan »

Jimmy66 wrote:
eastonpensfan wrote:The Houston Aeros were the worst team in the AHL's Western Conference. I don't see Constantine turning that around any time soon.

NPR! Sorry man, couldn't resist.
I know it is. Tell that to the thread starter.
MaddenFollower

Post by MaddenFollower »

It boggles my mind that people can't figure out which therads go where :? :shock:
ushockeyteam1980

Post by ushockeyteam1980 »

Ah yes, my almost neighbor got a job. He put an offer on the house next to mine 10 years ago, and got outbid by my current neighbors. Needless to say, I'm glad he didn't get it. I wouldn't be able to afford Pens games without the babysitting money I make from them, haha. They also give me tix, which is nice. They're right by the Pens tunnel, B20.