Bighamton Beats Baby Pens 3-2 in Shootout

Forum for Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins and Wheeling Nailers messages.
ExPatriatePen
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
Location: Source, Destination, Protocol, Port, size, sequence number, check sum... Yep, that about covers it.

Bighamton Beats Baby Pens 3-2 in Shootout

Post by ExPatriatePen »

The Baby Pens went 0 for 8 on the power play and lost an OT Shootout to the Sens 3-2.

They're definitely looking human under Mullen.
netwolf
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by netwolf »

I still don't understand the thought process behind sending Mullen down there... :?
ExPatriatePen
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
Location: Source, Destination, Protocol, Port, size, sequence number, check sum... Yep, that about covers it.

Post by ExPatriatePen »

netwolf wrote:I still don't understand the thought process behind sending Mullen down there... :?
I'm thinking it was a F.o.M. deal.

I really don't see him being much more than a placeholder on there till they can get a more suitable replacement next year.

On a realted note, Glen Patrick seems to be having some very good success in Wheeling (Well, maybe not *IN* Wheeling, but with Wheeling, they have a great road record.
netwolf
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by netwolf »

It just seems like another example of them taking coaching and development lightly. If it was just this one time, it wouldn't really bug me at all, but they seem to have a history of it.
ExPatriatePen
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by ExPatriatePen »

That, and an inability to hire the *right* coach at the NHL level, are glaring weaknesses.

This is the first I've ever come out and said it, but it just might be time for a change in the GM's office. I think CP makes better player scout than a GM.
MrKnowNothing

Post by MrKnowNothing »

Wilkes Barre's been doing fine. They have had a few skids, but that is understandable considering the insane roster turnover they have had.

From the interviews I've heard, Mullen seems like he knows what he is doing.

By the way, Kolanos scored in this game. He is 2+2 in 4 games for the Pens.
netwolf
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by netwolf »

MrKnowNothing wrote:From the interviews I've heard, Mullen seems like he knows what he is doing.
For me, it's not so much that Mullen is or isn't doing a good job, it's just that I don't know that he should have had a shot at the job. Similiar to Edzo here. It wasn't so much that Edzo did a good or bad job, it was that he had zero experience and they didn't talk to anyone else.

Mullen has no profession coaching experience outside of this orgainzation and that's where my hangup is. At least they managed to get him an experienced assistant; something Edzo was not afforded this year.
Mad City Mike
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Mad City Mike »

netwolf wrote:At least they managed to get him an experienced assistant; something Edzo was not afforded this year.
Or Therrien, for that matter. :cry:
netwolf
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by netwolf »

Does any other NHL club have a coaching staff of 2?
Fast B
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Fast B »

ExPatriatePen wrote:That, and an inability to hire the *right* coach at the NHL level, are glaring weaknesses.
Forget the "right" coach, I'd settle for a decent one. The last one of any note I can think of was Brooks. Before that, it was Bowman. Something's gotta give.