Question for Admin re: viewing threads

Forum for posts that are not hockey-related.
Tocchet
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Question for Admin re: viewing threads

Post by Tocchet »

RJ: When I click on most topics, the posts in the thread are 100% viewable, left to right. But I just clicked on the "Brian Burke" thread, and it was so wide that it went ouf of my viewing area on the screen (so I had to toggle right to read the rest of the post).

Is this something I need to correct, or a board abberation?

Thanks.

By the way, overall I like this better. It'll take some getting used to, but this is similar to how they run the boards on scout.com, of which I'm a big fan.
FallenHero96
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by FallenHero96 »

That happened because Draftnik posted a link that streched the board out. I guess the board isnt smart enough to know to wrap the link around.
Hockeynut!
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Hockeynut! »

There's a mod you can add to automatically wrap long links. RJ, have you installed easymod?
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Hockeynut! wrote:There's a mod you can add to automatically wrap long links. RJ, have you installed easymod?
Not yet. I had it on a test version but haven't implemented it on this one.
Hockeynut!
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Hockeynut! »

Admin wrote:Not yet. I had it on a test version but haven't implemented it on this one.
It's pretty nice but once you've installed 5 or 6 mods it quits working because your code has changed too much. It's really nice at the beginning though - a big time saver.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Hockeynut! wrote:It's pretty nice but once you've installed 5 or 6 mods it quits working because your code has changed too much. It's really nice at the beginning though - a big time saver.
That's what I'm worried about. I'm trying to keep this as stock as possible so when phpbb upgrades come out I won't have all that much to do.
Jerez
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by Jerez »

Up for another question, RJ :?:

I'm sure it's been asked, maybe even answered, but I'm having such a hard time wading through these posts (nothing's in very good order right now, darn that Netwolf and Kicksave!) I haven't found out if it has.

Is there a way to set the default setting for viewing threads to most recent post first?

Oh, oh, one more question!

Is there a way to stop people from posting meaningless drivel just to drive up their post counts?????? (Yes, I mean YOU and you know who YOU are! :mrgreen: )
netwolf
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by netwolf »

Jerez wrote:Is there a way to stop people from posting meaningless drivel just to drive up their post counts?????? (Yes, I mean YOU and you know who YOU are! :mrgreen: )
Yeah, that kicksave has a real problem. :P
relantel
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

wading would be easier if...

Post by relantel »

There were meaningful trimming of quoted posts. Several threads have a series of one-line replies, that contain the entire thread to date in nested quotes. But that's something we all have to learn in getting used to the new forum. Just remember we didn't have to put up with that on the old-style forum -- most people posted replies without quoting anything.