Is it necessary to create so many separate boards?

Forum for posts that are not hockey-related.
Tomas
AHL'er
AHL'er

Is it necessary to create so many separate boards?

Post by Tomas »

One of the features I always liked so much at the "old" LGP was that its "country club" atmosphere. One board contained posts about Penguins, NHL, politics, supermodels... :)

I find it a little odd (and inconvenient) now that I have to click on like 5 different sub-boards to get the same info
FallenHero96
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by FallenHero96 »

I gotta disagree. I think it's so much more organized this way. I also think this format will promote more discussion because the threads will remain in focus longer. Posts will be easier to find, and more coherent now that people do not place half their arguement in the title... which streched the posts all over the screen.
Pitts
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Pitts »

I like the separate topics. Like the organization and you can go for what you're in the mood for.

I think this is a bit more community-like.

Plus, we can post stupid topics like tater-tot polls without a bunch of yahoos going off.
netwolf
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by netwolf »

Pitts wrote:Plus, we can post stupid topics like tater-tot polls without a bunch of yahoos going off.
"Stupid" tater tot polls? There is no such thing.
Judy
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Judy »

We need to have sections divided up like this.

I remember one time I had posted on the old board about someone having a baby and I got ripped into for it! Heaven forbid that human life takes precedence over hockey for a bit! Geezz!!
penny lane
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

feeling a disconnect today...

Post by penny lane »

with people responding all over you lose that feeling of know what the
attitude of the day/evening/morning is...
spoon
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by spoon »

it's much more organized now. I love it. I dont have to sift through a ton of trolls to get to what I want. Plus now i can mark all forums read and still be up on current discussions.
RusPenMario

Post by RusPenMario »

I like the separated topics too. I think it more convenient. Also I used to mix at such kind of boards for example I use it at my own web-site. Also I think new board will be more organized. I didn't like a lot the old board because there were a lot of topics not related to the Pens.
Ron`
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by Ron` »

RusPenMario wrote:I like the separated topics too. I think it more convenient. Also I used to mix at such kind of boards for example I use it at my own web-site. Also I think new board will be more organized. I didn't like a lot the old board because there were a lot of topics not related to the Pens.
I still feel it was easier to skip the nonsense sidebars and thread of no personal interest using the old format. But I'm old and not a fan of this type of board. I do read and post at several others like this. I think without close moderation that the threads typically degenerate from the original topic anyways. Never mind the multiple posts that will be made saying you are under the wrong board or thread with your post. I fear that to moderate this will require even more of RJs time or entire squads of Monkey Police (moderators)