St. Louis Blues Assign Prospect to Wheeling

Forum for Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins and Wheeling Nailers messages.
Admin
Site Admin

St. Louis Blues Assign Prospect to Wheeling

Post by Admin »

The Wheeling Nailers announce today that the Peoria Rivermen the AHL affiliate of the St. Louis Blues have loaned defenseman Trevor Byrne to the Nailers.
Jim
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Jim »

Has anyone gone to a nailers game this year/ I went o 10 last year but haven't gone to any yet this year.
jimjom
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by jimjom »

No, me neither. I went to 3 last year and usually hit up one or two, but it doesn't seem to be in the cards this year. I kind of enjoy the atmosphere, and gawking at the Wheeling people.
Jim
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Jim »

I almost had a few people going last week... but then got the snub. Oh well... They need better promotions, lol... what the heck is Red Neck Day anyway? Seriously!
ExPatriatePen
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
Location: Source, Destination, Protocol, Port, size, sequence number, check sum... Yep, that about covers it.

Post by ExPatriatePen »

Jim wrote:I almost had a few people going last week... but then got the snub. Oh well... They need better promotions, lol... what the heck is Red Neck Day anyway? Seriously!
Oh please stop me :-)

Redneck Day Nailers style...

Free cans of Skoal to the first 20 customers. (We'd give out more but we had to take our shoes off to go even that far)

Free wedd'n to the first brother and sister team who make a a goal in score-o!

Free Nascar hat to all fans if a 'hat trick' is scored!

PBR served at all beer stations!

WWF is the 'open'n act'

Sorry due to national security, all guns must be checked at the door.
jimjom
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by jimjom »

I actually wouldn't mind the Skoal promotion myself...however, don't even get me started regarding Nailers promotions. Last year, a couple of friends and I decided to make a trip to Wheeling for Mario Lemieux Bobblehead night. The bobbleheads themselves looked really cool -- 66 in a Nailers jersey, very unique stuff, and I collect all things 66.
So we get to the arena about an hour and a half before game time, buy tickets at the gate and decide to kill some time by heading over to the brewpub across the street to get some food and beers.
We returned to the arena about 20 minutes before the game, only to find that the bobbleheads were gone. Apparently, the giveaway consisted of the first 2,000 or so (I forget the actual number) fans. In no literature for the promotion did it state this important detail. Now, I love hockey, and I enjoy watching minor league hockey. However, I was pretty mad about the fact that I had wasted a Saturday afternoon driving to Wheeling for basically no reason. I explained this to the customer relations guy, who was no help (nice combover). I wrote a complaint letter to the Nailers' "marketing department" and received a terse reply telling me that the Nailers will check into the false advertising that went on surrounding this promotion in the Post Gazette and on the Nailers' website. I'm still waiting for my reply.
This wasn't the first time that the Nailers pulled this garbage regarding their promotions. One would think that since minor league sports rely on stuff like this to get people into their buildings, they'd be a little bit more fan friendly.
(As an aside, if anybody has one of these Mario Nailers bobbleheads, I will trade you an unopened Pirates Brian Giles 2002 bobblehead or Pens media guides from 2003-04 and this year.)