Latest rumor: Canucks trade Bertuzzi for Biron and a 1st

Forum for hockey posts that are not Penguins-related.
Hockeynut!
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Latest rumor: Canucks trade Bertuzzi for Biron and a 1st

Post by Hockeynut! »

Don't know if it's true or not, just sharing the rumor.
NIN

Post by NIN »

WOW I think that would really make Buffalo a serious Cup team, in fact they aleady are legit now that Breirre is healthy and playing well. They only thing they lack is some more scoring punch and toughness. Bertuzzi gives them alot of both and their other goalie is just as good as Biron.

I think it would really weaken Vancouver and tear at their team chemistry. Bertuzzi is a very good teammate despite his horid reputation. he is a solid all around player and an asset to any team. Biron is by no means a Stanley Cup goalie but a 1st rounder would eventually make the trade closer to even.

Buffalo wins here hands down but this rumor would shock me because Vancouver loves Bertuzzi as far as I know.
Stevens25

Post by Stevens25 »

We'll see. I try top take all these rumors with a grain of salt. :?
Bowser
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by Bowser »

not only that but there seems to be an extreme amount of rumors tonight about a ton of players.

Yesterday, Recchi was all but going to Philadelphia for RJ Umberger and now the Flyers have reportedly decided against re-acquiring him.

Senators, Leafs, and Sabres are interested in Recchi with Ottawa as the lead candidate.

Wouldn't surprise me if Brooks Orpik is wearing a different Black-n-Gold by tomorrow's deadline.
NIN

Post by NIN »

Bowser wrote: Wouldn't surprise me if Brooks Orpik is wearing a different Black-n-Gold by tomorrow's deadline.
That would really suck but it is possible they could get a decent return. It would have to be Francis-esque to win my praise.
Jamie
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by Jamie »

I just hope we hold on to Malone. It is to early to give up on him yet.
netwolf
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by netwolf »

Jamie wrote:I just hope we hold on to Malone. It is to early to give up on him yet.
The same is true of Orpik.
Pitts
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Pitts »

They better not deal Orpik!!!

I see Melichar heading to New York though. I heard they want a depth defenseman.