Theodore traded to Avs for Aebischer

Forum for hockey posts that are not Penguins-related.
Bowser
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Theodore traded to Avs for Aebischer

Post by Bowser »

Montreal trades Jose Theodore to Colorado for David Aebischer. ADV Colorado over the long-term if Theodore can regain his former Vezina/Hart Trophy form. Jose needed a change of scenery but for now, Montreal acquires a much needed goaltender to take over the duties from Cristobal Huet
NIN

Re: Theodore traded to Avs for Aebischer

Post by NIN »

:shock: WOW. Aebishcher was solid in the olympics, could be a turning point in his career. Can't say he is more talented then what I have seen from Theodore but Theodore hasent set the world on fire this season, I think his problems are more cerebral than anything else.

Im calling it a wash but it really depends on which one reponds to the trade the best. Whoever gets hot and gets his team winning the most wins the deal.
Kovy27
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Kovy27 »

What the hell is Colorado doing? Wow....
Bowser
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by Bowser »

Theodore won't be ready for another 4-6 weeks, I believe, so they're going with a tandem of Budaj-Kolesnik..... big gamble until Theodore returns.
netwolf
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by netwolf »

I don't get why either team wants to make this deal. Colorado gets rid one one goalie having an off-year to replace him with a more expensive version of the same (and is hurt). Montreal picks up drops some salary, but brings in another #1 type goalie, when Huet has been doing very well for them.

I don't see why either team made this move...
Jamie
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by Jamie »

As the rumor mill churns Abeischer may not stay in Montreal...
netwolf
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by netwolf »

Huet is doing well and Aebischer isn't really a backup, so I suppose that would not be out of the question. If they do move him then maybe the deal ends up making more sense for them. Right now, it seems like a pure salary dump.
penny lane
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

that drug Theordore taking...it works!

Post by penny lane »