when eks comes back

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.
pens#1
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

when eks comes back

Post by pens#1 »

im hoping malone goes to the 3rd line
EC goes to the 2nd line
eks goes to the 1st line
and MO become the health scratch

thats how i hope it plays out...what do u think?
spi
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by spi »

EC will be the odd man out. MO aint going anywhere.
Eazy Z
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Post by Eazy Z »

I would have to disagree. i don't think ekman has shown anything this year with this team to justify hopping right back into the line-up and removing Oullet, who has been a solid contributor over the last month and a half. I don't think it's time to bust up the 2nd line yet at all.
Henry Hank
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by Henry Hank »

Ouellet has averaged just under a point per game over the last ~20 games. Why should he be a healthy scratch?
pens#1
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by pens#1 »

i think EC is not being used to his potential on the 3rd line...u are probably correct about them not sitting MO, but i think it would make more sense if he was the odd man out
pens#1
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by pens#1 »

MO is set up so many times, he is always missing the net on open shots and rarely finsishes when he does get it on net....he is benefiting from malkin and staal burrying their chances
Eazy Z
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Post by Eazy Z »

pens#1 wrote:i think EC is not being used to his potential on the 3rd line...u are probably correct about them not sitting MO, but i think it would make more sense if he was the odd man out
You're correct about EC, i think, but i think that if MO was going to move him to the top line, it would happen regardless of Ekman's return. My vote goes to Ekman for the odd man out
Eazy Z
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Post by Eazy Z »

i meant to type MT instead of MO in my last post, obviously
Henry Hank
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by Henry Hank »

pens#1 wrote:MO is set up so many times, he is always missing the net on open shots and rarely finsishes when he does get it on net....he is benefiting from malkin and staal burrying their chances
And part of the reason they're getting those chances is because Ouellet has been playing well winning battles along the boards and making nice passes.
Eazy Z
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Post by Eazy Z »

Ouellet has shown more improvement during the course of the season than most other players on the team this year, and that's saying a lot. There's really no justification behind benching him in favor of Ekman who has not provided much for the Pens. EC is also developing slowly, but surely and is turning the corner into becoming a more complete player
pens#1
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by pens#1 »

i agree that MO has done his job...i just think EC would do even better with Malkin and Staal and then u have to pick either MO or eks
SportsFan

Post by SportsFan »

You think MO has done his job, but you still want to HS him?

Didn't someone here speak to Ekman at Robinson during the autograph session and he basically said he didn't think he would see a game in a Pens jersey again?
pens#1
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by pens#1 »

hes done his job but i think EC will do it better, i also cant see another team trading for eks since he missed so much time and is an ufa after the season- he needs to come back and show he can compete
Johnny QuickSand

Post by Johnny QuickSand »

What do you think about Ekman bumping Malone. Malone bumping EC. EC bumping D. Moore to the scratch.

Crosby -- Recchi -- Ekman
Malkin -- Staal -- Ouellet
Talbot -- Malone -- Armstrong
Christensen -- Ruutu -- Laraque/Petrovicky