Lindy Ruff, earning more respect from me...

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.
DrBoni
AHL'er
AHL'er

Lindy Ruff, earning more respect from me...

Post by DrBoni »

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/07055/764758-61.stm

Ruff urged the NHL to take action against players taking blows to the head, adding, "Let's be realistic here, if that's Sidney Crosby, this whole league's in an uproar.".

Yea, right.....
pensfan20
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Re: Lindy Ruff, earning more respect from me...

Post by pensfan20 »

DrBoni wrote:http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/07055/764758-61.stm

Ruff urged the NHL to take action against players taking blows to the head, adding, "Let's be realistic here, if that's Sidney Crosby, this whole league's in an uproar.".

Yea, right.....
Yeah cause the whole league was in an uproar with the spear... and the butt end... and all the head shots he has been taking.. oh wait then when the team complains then everyone labels crosby a diver and a whiner??? ok Ruff, which NHL have you been watching this year?
SportsFan

Post by SportsFan »

Give me 2 times this year he has taken a dirty head shot.

BTW, Ruff should tell his players not to skate to the middle of the slot with their heads down.
Stillwag
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by Stillwag »

He had his head down, there was no elbow. Yeah it was a late hit, but skate through open ice with your head down, you get lit up. End of story.
pensfan20
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by pensfan20 »

SportsFan wrote:Give me 2 times this year he has taken a dirty head shot.

BTW, Ruff should tell his players not to skate to the middle of the slot with their heads down.
are you saying he hasnt taken dirty head shots? cause if you are then the 19 pages of you wanting an enforcer on the team to protect Sid seem pretty pointless right? why have an enforcer if sid isnt being hit in any dirty way?
SDPensFan

Post by SDPensFan »

Everyone's opinion will change when it happens to Sid
penmyst
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by penmyst »

Clean, but borderline, hits like these will get a different opinion depending on which team's colors you happen to be wearing.

So yeah, I am sure Pens fans would get their panties in a twist if Crosby or Malking gets hit. Nothing new about that.
SportsFan

Post by SportsFan »

pensfan20 wrote:

are you saying he hasnt taken dirty head shots? cause if you are then the 19 pages of you wanting an enforcer on the team to protect Sid seem pretty pointless right? why have an enforcer if sid isnt being hit in any dirty way?
He has taken a spear to the gut, a solid hit by Witt, and a butt end to the gut, but give me examples of him taking dirt shots to the head?
Ron`
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by Ron` »

HATCHER did some dental work on him.
Mango Salsa
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by Mango Salsa »

SportsFan wrote:
pensfan20 wrote:

He has taken a spear to the gut, a solid hit by Witt, and a butt end to the gut, but give me examples of him taking dirt shots to the head?

VS Florida in January, Olesz crosschecked him in the head as he skated out of the zone, knocked his helmet off. Olesz got 2 for highsticking, shoulda been a match. Then there's always this....

SportsFan

Post by SportsFan »

You are throwing stuff that happened last year out... Didn't we get Cairns and this stuff stopped?
Mango Salsa
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by Mango Salsa »

Yeah the pic with Gill was last year but the Olesz incident was just a few weeks ago.
King Sid the Great 87
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by King Sid the Great 87 »

SportsFan wrote:You are throwing stuff that happened last year out... Didn't we get Cairns and this stuff stopped?
Yeah, but most around here would call that a coincidence. It had nothing to do with Cairns, right? :lol:
SportsFan

Post by SportsFan »

Mango Salsa wrote:Yeah the pic with Gill was last year but the Olesz incident was just a few weeks ago.
Olesz, was bad.. I can't remember, who made Olesz pay?
SportsFan

Post by SportsFan »

pens20 wrote:
SportsFan wrote:
pensfan20 wrote:

Hatcher last season and Zhitnik this season for starters...
Zhitnik gave hima dirt head shot. If your talking about the NBC game against Philly, looked like he was finishing his check on the PK against SID. The guy is going to get bumps.
dagny
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by dagny »

I don't know why anyone would even entertain any of SportsFan's posts.

If you can't see his M.O. is nothing more than to stir the pot then sit back and laugh at honest people's attempts at rationale, you're not paying attention.

He has no interest in actual dialogue. Explanations are a waste of your time. I don't even think he's a Pens fan, much less a hockey fan.

He is the definition of a troll, only Tremendo was much more fun to play with.
SportsFan

Post by SportsFan »

Dangy, I said I wasn't going to get in fights on here anymore, but you have now posted this is 3-4 threads. If you disagree with me thats fine, but you call me out for doing the same thing you are doing.

Show me in this thread where I said something offensive.
dagny
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by dagny »

SportsFan wrote:Dangy, I said I wasn't going to get in fights on here anymore, but you have now posted this is 3-4 threads. If you disagree with me thats fine, but you call me out for doing the same thing you are doing.

My mom taught me never to play with trolls.
SportsFan

Post by SportsFan »

dagny wrote:
SportsFan wrote:Dangy, I said I wasn't going to get in fights on here anymore, but you have now posted this is 3-4 threads. If you disagree with me thats fine, but you call me out for doing the same thing you are doing.

So you never played with yourself?

BTW, why don't you add a bit of hockey talk, instead if trying to start a fight with me already.

Thanks
dagny
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by dagny »

SportsFan wrote:
dagny wrote:

Well, I was an only child.
SportsFan

Post by SportsFan »

dagny wrote:
SportsFan wrote:
dagny wrote:

Well, I was an only child.
Too much info, but thanks...

Anyways, back to the topic..
Ron`
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by Ron` »

Lets see, you posted over 200 times yesterday and more than half of them involved insults to other posters. Today you come on and say your turning over a new leaf. I hope it's truely sincere.
SportsFan

Post by SportsFan »

Ron` wrote:Lets see, you posted over 200 times yesterday and more than half of them involved insults to other posters. Today you come on and say your turning over a new leaf. I hope it's truely sincere.
Can we please stick to the topic?

Thanks
Kicksave
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Kicksave »

SportsFan wrote:
Ron` wrote:Lets see, you posted over 200 times yesterday and more than half of them involved insults to other posters. Today you come on and say your turning over a new leaf. I hope it's truely sincere.
Can we please stick to the topic?

Thanks
I thought that this WAS the topic?
SportsFan

Post by SportsFan »

Actually the topic was head shots taken by Crosby and it seem the only cheap shots to the head people can bring up happened last year.