This just in.....Ovechkin = Good

Forum for hockey posts that are not Penguins-related.
mnpensfan
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

This just in.....Ovechkin = Good

Post by mnpensfan »

This kid just doesn't stop. Unreal. Two more tonight....one off the league lead. He is already one of the top 5 players in the NHL right now. He is able to carry that team on his back right now and will them to wins.

I know that had we won the lottery in 2004 we more than likely wouldn't have ended up with BOTH Malkin and Crosby, but can you imagine how fun this season could have been with him in a Pens jersey?????
fourtKNOX
AHL'er
AHL'er

Re: This just in.....Ovechkin = Good

Post by fourtKNOX »

mnpensfan wrote:This kid just doesn't stop. Unreal. Two more tonight....one off the league lead. He is already one of the top 5 players in the NHL right now. He is able to carry that team on his back right now and will them to wins.

I know that had we won the lottery in 2004 we more than likely wouldn't have ended up with BOTH Malkin and Crosby, but can you imagine how fun this season could have been with him in a Pens jersey?????

yes but wont it be fun next year with malkin and crosby... :shock: :) :D :P i think so...

yes ovechkin is prob one of the top 10 players right now in the nhl as a rookie... but... next year... we will have hopefully 2 of the top 20 to 30 players in the nhl... and maybe more if we pull some crazy stuff in the offseason! that will be fun!
netwolf
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by netwolf »

And the best thing about AO is that he is on my fantasy hockey team at work. :D
NIN

Post by NIN »

netwolf wrote:And the best thing about AO is that he is on my fantasy hockey team at work. :D
I dont play fantasy hockey! :wink:
netwolf
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by netwolf »

NIN wrote:
netwolf wrote:And the best thing about AO is that he is on my fantasy hockey team at work. :D
I dont play fantasy hockey! :wink:
Good for you. :P
Stevens25

Post by Stevens25 »

The kid is amazing,but I see Crosby as the better player in the future. Of course,I'm biased. :wink:
the wicked child
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by the wicked child »

I don't think Crosby has a chance in hell of catching Ovechkin at this point... he isn't the natural goal scorer that Alex is, and he doesn't have enough people around him to consistently bury the chances he creates otherwise.

Before jumping to conclusoons about the future however, one must certainly consider that ovechkin is essentially 2 years older than Crosby... that has to play into things.
netwolf
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by netwolf »

One things for sure: fans of boths teams are in for a treat over the next while. I eagerly await another Pens/Caps playoff matchup. :D
kovyman1127
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by kovyman1127 »

Attendance would sure be up at the arena this year if we had Ovechkin instead of Crosby....not to rip on Sidney....but Ovechkin, like Lemieux, is more of an "individual" talent. Sidney is more like Gretzky, where he needs good teamates.
ExPatriatePen
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
Location: Source, Destination, Protocol, Port, size, sequence number, check sum... Yep, that about covers it.

Post by ExPatriatePen »

kovyman1127 wrote:Attendance would sure be up at the arena this year if we had Ovechkin instead of Crosby....not to rip on Sidney....but Ovechkin, like Lemieux, is more of an "individual" talent. Sidney is more like Gretzky, where he needs good teamates.
I totally agree with the assesment and comparisons to lemieux and Gretz.

I just find it very interesting that the game has changed enough that back in the 80's, outside of Pittsburgh, most people would have said Gretz's style was preferable to Mario's. Today, it seems the reverse is true.