Shootout goal question..............

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.
bh
AHL'er
AHL'er

Shootout goal question..............

Post by bh »

Ok I know that the goals scored in the shootouts don't count towards any of the player stats (except shootout stats) but does the goal awarded to the winning team count towards the teams "goals for" stat? So for example; the Pens won 5-4 last night, does the 5th goal counts towards the teams goals for? It seems to me it would have to but if that is the case then you have more goals scored fro the team then if you would add up all the individual players goals scored. Seems strange to me.? :?:
tifosi77
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by tifosi77 »

Another reason why I don't like shootouts. They exciting and all, but I don't like them being used to decide games, and then not even allowing the goals that are scored then to be counted for anything. It's lame.
enenvee
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by enenvee »

My opinion on using shootouts to decide games is directly linked to the way the Pens perform in them. Before the break I hated SOs. Now they are growing on me.
Stillwag
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by Stillwag »

enenvee wrote:My opinion on using shootouts to decide games is directly linked to the way the Pens perform in them. Before the break I hated SOs. Now they are growing on me.
Haha, not a bad way of looking at it.