Let's talk about music

Forum for posts that are not hockey-related.
FreeCandy44
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Re: Let's talk about music

Post by FreeCandy44 »

Willie Kool wrote:[youtube][/youtube]
Love it
MRandall25
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by MRandall25 »

Oh god the remaining members of The Doors (prior to Ray Manzarek's passing) did Riders with Scott Stapp/the rest of Creed?

WHY?!? HE CAN'T EVEN GET THE LYRICS RIGHT.
tifosi77
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by tifosi77 »

Digitalgypsy66 wrote:Is it normal for concert tickets to go on sale 9 months before the show? I rarely go to live shows, and Mark Knopfler is touring Fall 2015...tickets went on sale for a date near me in October. Is this normal?
I got Foo tix two months ago. The show is in September. :shrug:
JS©
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by JS© »

columbia wrote:[youtube][/youtube]
It took me to the first chorus to recognize it. :lol:
FreeCandy44
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by FreeCandy44 »

I didnt click the doors song, i assumed it was Scott Weiland.
Willie Kool
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Willie Kool »

FreeCandy44 wrote:I didnt click the doors song, i assumed it was Scott Weiland.
It is. MR is talking about a different song.
FreeCandy44
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by FreeCandy44 »

I remember that vh1 special, Vedder and Weiland did a great job.
Gaucho
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by Gaucho »

I never click Doors songs.
MRandall25
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by MRandall25 »

Willie Kool wrote:
FreeCandy44 wrote:I didnt click the doors song, i assumed it was Scott Weiland.
It is. MR is talking about a different song.

Yeah, it's on the sidebar when you open up that video in YouTube. Stapp/Creed did Riders, Light my Fire, and Roadhouse Blues,

WHY.
yubb
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by yubb »

Did anyone go see Manson on Friday? It was the best show I've ever been to. My experience ranges from Horde Tour, DMB, Van Halen, Infamous Stringdusters, Yonder Mountain, and Opeth (plus a few others).

This concert was hard, loud, fast and awesome. Great show. I don't own any of his albums, but was very entertained and impressed by his performance. Was worth the 45-minute wait in line in 20 degrees for the doors to open.
skullman80
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by skullman80 »

Manson must have improved from a few years back, cause when I saw him at Mayhem fest he was really really really bad. His voice was shot.
yubb
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by yubb »

His voice was solid. I'd heard his last few albums kinda sucked and that his shows were "hit or miss" of late. This one was spot on. Plus the acoustics at Stage AE are awesome. Probably better than your typical festival/outdoor gig.
skullman80
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by skullman80 »

yubb wrote:His voice was solid. I'd heard his last few albums kinda sucked and that his shows were "hit or miss" of late. This one was spot on. Plus the acoustics at Stage AE are awesome. Probably better than your typical festival/outdoor gig.
No doubt the acoustics are better at AE than at First Niagra or whatever they call Star Lake Pavillion these days. I remember being at that show with a die hard Manson fan, and even he was like WTF. Glad to hear though that Manson is putting on good shows again.
GSdrums87
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by GSdrums87 »

Was in Pittsburgh over the weekend and saw Bastard Bearded Irishmen at the Thunderbird Cafe. They were solid...really fun show.
columbia
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by columbia »

I guess this could be cross posted in the beer thread:

[youtube][/youtube]
columbia
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by columbia »

Fishing With John was definitely one of the strangest television shows ever produced....in a good way:

[youtube][/youtube]
count2infinity
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by count2infinity »

[youtube][/youtube]
JS©
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by JS© »

Was skimming old AMA's and ran across this. Despite it being almost 2 months old, it's still disappointing since there was all sorts of stories saying there would be a new album in early 2015.
So... how's the new Pendulum album going?

Keep-management-and-fans-happy answer:
It's not going at all (yet). We have a bunch of unreleased material from the last two albums that we still love, and would like to finish / re-work into something new, but we're not actively working on it just yet.

Honest answer:
It's been nearly 5 years since the last Pendulum album - even if we do release new material, it will most likely sound completely different, just because...well, people change, and get bored of things, etc. I have no real desire to make drum'n'bass anymore, I have no desire to fuse it with rock, and I sure as f--- don't have any desire to tour with a live band.

Around about the time we started Knife Party, I really lost my heart for the project. I remember playing Glastonbury 2011 on the main stage - we played just before Beyonce to a crowd full of parents and their kids waiting to sing "Crazy in Love", staring at us with blank faces. I was watching the TV coverage of the show afterwards and I just thought "how the f--- did it turn into this? this isn't the kind of project I wanted to be involved in at all". It wasn't even the crowd response, I just didn't like anything about it. (Note: " onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; about 3:09, that expression says it all. - JS©)

On top of that, we weren't making any money since we were spending it all on crew members wages, freight costs, transport, production assistants etc (touring with a band is REALLY expensive). Now, we were never into it for the money, but as you start getting closer to 30, you start to think "oh yeah, I have to...be able to eat food n stuff" - and if your heart isn't in the project, well, there's not much point in continuing.
We're contracted for another album. I have no idea what's going to happen. I don't really want to do one - I'd prefer to work on something else with KP or perhaps a new project altogether. If I have to do it, then I will, but that's never a great place to start making music.

TL;DR - maybe. dunno.
Points for being honest and saying they aren't into making a new album, but disappointing nonetheless.
cma3585
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by cma3585 »

Anyone into Danzig/Samhain? This dude is a one man project doing literally everything between instruments/vocals/production/mixes...his new album is a throwback to Danzig's post Misfits days and quite honestly is almost up there with his peak stuff. NSFW cover art featuring a forbidden body part unless on premium channels on the album artwork:

http://theborisrandallstore.bandcamp.co ... rise-again" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

This is just one album of his though. His past albums he absolutely nails that classic Down southern metal sound that even Down can't achieve anymore and also has some other releases with a more stoner metal vibe. Guy is quite remarkable and comes from around the area in East Liverpool, Ohio.
columbia
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by columbia »

In before Factorial talks about seeing Samhain in 1985.
Froggy
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Froggy »

I would like to briefly add that back in October, I witnessed Danzig go through airport security, and watching him take off his boots with the 4" lifts was pretty hysterical. Guy is a d bag of the highest order, also.
Factorial
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by Factorial »

columbia wrote:In before Factorial talks about seeing Samhain in 1985.
Thanks for saving me a few keystrokes.
Factorial
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by Factorial »

Froggy wrote:Guy is a d bag of the highest order, also.
:thumb:
Froggy
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Froggy »

On a totally unrelated note, the new Bruno Mars song is really damn good. It's basically Bruno doing a rehash of Morris Day and the Time, which is 100% fine in my book
Factorial
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by Factorial »

Froggy wrote:On a totally unrelated note, the new Bruno Mars song is really damn good. It's basically Bruno doing a rehash of Morris Day and the Time, which is 100% fine in my book
I've only heard his music while in the car with my daughters but I was really impressed with his Super Bowl appearance. He's like modern day version of James Brown from the early 60's.