Other Playoff Games 2016

Forum for hockey posts that are not Penguins-related.
Fat Old Frank
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Re: Other Playoff Games 2016

Post by Fat Old Frank »

Anybody else here in Pittsburgh have FIOS? Was the Florida game blacked out on USA? It was on mine.
stopper40
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by stopper40 »

jwest21 wrote:
Great58 wrote:
shoeshine boy wrote:
jwest21 wrote:Carlson shoves Laughton into the boards, Laughton goes off on a stretchers, announcers say clean hit. What a joke. Laughton laid unmoving on the ice for 7-8 minutes
I don't see that hit as dirty at all. it's a routine hit that happens multiple times a game. sadly for the Flyers player it looks like he was just off balance and then went in hard to the boards. in a non-checking league this would be a dirty play but in professional hockey it's not. sometimes players get injured from non-dirty plays.
I'll have to watch it again, but my initial impression was that it was more of a shove that a hit, with the off-balance nature of the flyer the result of the pushing motion of Carlson?
I see a shove, which I don't like. I don't think Carlson was trying to be cheap, but shoving a player after the puck is gone is unnecessary
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kr3QHaUEMEk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I have no problem with that hit. It's a hockey play. @ players fighting for position, happens every game, he turned at the last second as carlson was following through. No suspension is warranted
PensFanSince1970
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Post by PensFanSince1970 »

Fat Old Frank wrote:Anybody else here in Pittsburgh have FIOS? Was the Florida game blacked out on USA? It was on mine.
I have FIOS as well and the game was also blacked out on USA. I couldn't understand why it was blacked out.
Durbano
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by Durbano »

Tampa closes out DET in 5 games. There are reports Stralman could return at some point in the second round.
jwest21
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by jwest21 »

Chicago's announcer sounds like Dick Pepperfield from the movie Semi-Pro
jwest21
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by jwest21 »

Philly's power play is really bad. Washington continues to take penalties with impunity.
jwest21
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by jwest21 »

literally 5 seconds after hitting enter, Philly scores. Just after the penalty, though, so technically their power play still sucks

Also hearing Milbury gush about Ovie being all about team play made me sick at my stomach.
jwest21
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by jwest21 »

They showed Ovie's hits for tonight- they all are hitting someone after they pass the puck. Almost like he is targeting those guys, trying to catch someone admiring their pass.
jwest21
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by jwest21 »

after 2 periods, the shots in the Craps-Cryers game is 30-7 in favor of the Crapitals. Score is 1-0 Cryers, though
bhaw
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by bhaw »

jwest21 wrote:They showed Ovie's hits for tonight- they all are hitting someone after they pass the puck. Almost like he is targeting those guys, trying to catch someone admiring their pass.
That's how the Rangers have racked up the hits against the Pens. 90% of them are long after pucks are gone. You don't see most of them on TV b/c they are so far behind the play.

The officials in this Caps/Flyers game are awful. Not often I would defend the caps but Gudas got away with leveling Kuznetsov who hadn't touched the puck in 30 seconds. Chimera got thrown into the Flyers goal at the end of period 2 on a really dangerous play, but nothing. Caps are trying to play hockey, Philly trying to play MMA and the refs are catering to the series score to make it more competitive. NHL has a serious officiating issue (have for a while) that they pretend doesn't exist. It culminates in serious injuries and they don't care.
Southern Fan
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Southern Fan »

jwest21 wrote:after 2 periods, the shots in the Craps-Cryers game is 30-7 in favor of the Crapitals. Score is 1-0 Cryers, though

Flyers have no business being ahead. They are being saved by the their goalie. They look like the Pens near the end of the Johnston era.
jwest21
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by jwest21 »

Southern Fan wrote:
jwest21 wrote:after 2 periods, the shots in the Craps-Cryers game is 30-7 in favor of the Crapitals. Score is 1-0 Cryers, though
Flyers have no business being ahead. They are being saved by the their goalie. They look like the Pens near the end of the Johnston era.
2 shots in the last 30 minutes. :shocked:
jwest21
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by jwest21 »

bhaw wrote:
jwest21 wrote:They showed Ovie's hits for tonight- they all are hitting someone after they pass the puck. Almost like he is targeting those guys, trying to catch someone admiring their pass.
That's how the Rangers have racked up the hits against the Pens. 90% of them are long after pucks are gone. You don't see most of them on TV b/c they are so far behind the play.

The officials in this Caps/Flyers game are awful. Not often I would defend the caps but Gudas got away with leveling Kuznetsov who hadn't touched the puck in 30 seconds. Chimera got thrown into the Flyers goal at the end of period 2 on a really dangerous play, but nothing. Caps are trying to play hockey, Philly trying to play MMA and the refs are catering to the series score to make it more competitive. NHL has a serious officiating issue (have for a while) that they pretend doesn't exist. It culminates in serious injuries and they don't care.
I hate those hits.

Niskenan destroys Shenn before the puck gers to him, no call. Washington can't help being sucked into the MMA
jwest21
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by jwest21 »

How many boarding calls have been called in this series. ..it seems like every other call is one. Although they did label on roughing tonight that could have been boarding
KG
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by KG »

Flyers getting outshot 37-9!
jwest21
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by jwest21 »

Seems like just a matter of time before the Craps score
Southern Fan
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Southern Fan »

jwest21 wrote:
Southern Fan wrote:
2 shots in the last 30 minutes. :shocked:
And one of those was the shot going wide that Alzner deflected in.
Southern Fan
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Southern Fan »

This feels like 2010 Halak.
Southern Fan
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Southern Fan »

Ovechkin has 8 shots on goal, the Flyers 10
jwest21
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by jwest21 »

Wow. Caps announcers focusing in hits because there isn't much else pro-Caps to talk about
jwest21
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by jwest21 »

Caps fans have to be suffering. Reminds me of the Steelers game against Houston years ago where the Steelers held them to something like 70 total yards and lost 21-3
DelPen
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by DelPen »

jwest21 wrote:Wow. Caps announcers focusing in hits because there isn't much else pro-Caps to talk about
That what announcers seem to do when their team can't do anything offensively.
DontToewsMeBro
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by DontToewsMeBro »

This is the most capitals way to lose I've ever seen
Southern Fan
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Southern Fan »

11th shot an empty netter. Wow. Bach to Philly
DelPen
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by DelPen »

DontToewsMeBro wrote:This is the most capitals way to lose I've ever seen
I still think game 5 last year vs the Rags was worse. Leading the series 3-1 and had less than 2 minutes to go to win the series and they blew it.