UFO Warz Post-Game

Forum for NHR "Wars" Games
Pavel Bure
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Re: UFO Warz Post-Game

Post by Pavel Bure »

redwill wrote:
thehockeyguru wrote:Knowing you can protect yourself each night, there is NO REASON not to come out Day 1 and establish some sort of structure for the village. IMO the village has a HUGE advantage if that happens.
The reason is that hopefully the baddies waste a kill on the protected angel. If they know who the angel is, they will likely not go for that person and rather go for unprotected townies.
Yep, but THG was the lone red who kept hitting his head against the wall.
redwill
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by redwill »

Pavel Bure wrote:Yep, but THG was the lone red who kept hitting his head against the wall.
Yep, and you were the one who handed my head to them on a platter. :lol:
Sam's Drunk Dog
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Sam's Drunk Dog »

tfrizz wrote:Anyone know if there's another game coming up? Might have time to play one for the first time in a long time...
I have considered modding a game, but I would have to wait until the second week of 2012 due to work, the holidays, and planned vacation. I think Doc and someone else posted in the mod sign up thread with some ideas.
Pavel Bure
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Pavel Bure »

redwill wrote:
Pavel Bure wrote:Yep, but THG was the lone red who kept hitting his head against the wall.
Yep, and you were the one who handed my head to them on a platter. :lol:
Haha, I'm so bad :? It just seemed like Malka was bad, there was another purple, and then you and I were the town. So the only way we could win as I thought about it was if one of them was disappeared then they tried to kill whoever you protected whether yourself or me. I really saw it as a very slim chance of town winning and selfishly I'll admit I wanted to see the end before I had to go to class which was egged on by my perceived slim chance of winning. :lol:
thehockeyguru
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by thehockeyguru »

Kept hitting my head against the wall? At that point on Night 7 there was NO scenerio where I could win, especially with shaf saying I was Red after he was voted off.
Pavel Bure
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Pavel Bure »

thehockeyguru wrote:
Kept hitting my head against the wall? At that point on Night 7 there was NO scenerio where I could win, especially with shaf saying I was Red after he was voted off.
You pretty much screwed yourself when you said, "we got this in the bag." I mean consistently trying to kill redwill when you knew who the other players that were town in the game were. Think about it, you tried to kill redwill twice right? If you picked off me and Malka there was a chance.
thehockeyguru
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by thehockeyguru »

Pavel Bure wrote:
Think about it, you tried to kill redwill twice right?
No, after mac was gone i knocked off SDD. With him gone and the Purple exposed I hoped that another purple would be voted on the next day phase (which ended up being shaf).
Sam's Drunk Dog
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Two questions that may have been answered but I am iffy about:

Were the aliens unable to upduct redwill because redwill saved himself?

Would the aliens remained as allies to the village if shad hadn't been voted off during the day?
columbia
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by columbia »

Sam's Drunk Dog wrote:Two questions that may have been answered but I am iffy about:

Would the aliens remained as allies to the village if shad hadn't been voted off during the day?

1. Correct.

2. I'd like to know that too (though they were technically aiming to win the game separately).
Pavel Bure
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Pavel Bure »

columbia wrote:
Sam's Drunk Dog wrote:Two questions that may have been answered but I am iffy about:

1. Correct.

2. I'd like to know that too (though they were technically aiming to win the game separately).
See that's why it made no sense to me. If there are 3 factions none are allies cause if they were might as well only have the two factions. Saying purple was on the towns side just didn't compute.
Sam's Drunk Dog
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

While I was an alien we were targeting the reds so I assumed we were on the side of the village, but I was never told one way or the other, and I didn't ask either.
Sam's Drunk Dog
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Here is the message that Shad got that he shared with me. Shad and I both figured out that THG was bad. We didn't act on it, other than Shad alerting IE that he had suspicions THG was bad. Looking back if we knew for sure that THG was the lone red remaining we could have tried to get IE send in a kill vote on THG instead of the abduct. Wwe also didn't know that redwill's protect prevented him from being upducted as well.
shafnutz05 wrote:
DocEmrick wrote:It is Night 5. You are not allowed to share this dream with anyone.
Spoiler:
You are floating in a field, birds singing, the warm country air, sun, and beautiful fields of green and trees surround you. You are approached by a beautiful woman.

She says

Woman: Someone within your own ranks may not be who they say they are...you've been double-crossed.
Sam:

I wanted to share this with you (I'm allowed to share it with one other person)
thehockeyguru
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by thehockeyguru »

I'm confused.

How does "Your not allowed to share this dream with anyone" mean you can share it with one other person?
mac5155
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by mac5155 »

redwill wrote:
thehockeyguru wrote:Knowing you can protect yourself each night, there is NO REASON not to come out Day 1 and establish some sort of structure for the village. IMO the village has a HUGE advantage if that happens.
The reason is that hopefully the baddies waste a kill on the protected angel. If they know who the angel is, they will likely not go for that person and rather go for unprotected townies.
I seem to remember one game where iEUX (eck, creepy) came out as the seer day 1 and him and the "unknown" angel went ape**** and won.
Sam's Drunk Dog
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

thehockeyguru wrote:I'm confused.

How does "Your not allowed to share this dream with anyone" mean you can share it with one other person?
Doc contacted me later and said that he was allowed to share. I'm guessing Doc changed his mind.
thehockeyguru
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by thehockeyguru »

Sam's Drunk Dog wrote:
thehockeyguru wrote:I'm confused.

Doc contacted me later and said that he was allowed to share. I'm guessing Doc changed his mind.
Sounds bunk to me.
columbia
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by columbia »

Yet, correct.
thehockeyguru
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by thehockeyguru »

I have no problem with it, Red didn't have a chance regardless of how that was handled. I do wish though that instead of just sending it to shaf, that the PM was sent to all of us. That would have made for some interesting theater.