Fantasy Hockey Forum

Forum for hockey posts that are not Penguins-related.
Kraftster
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Re: Fantasy Hockey Forum

Post by Kraftster »

What's the word on this Dano kid? Stat line suggests he fits the BJ's style nicely. His hits are attractive to me from a fantasy standpoint. Former first rounder. Someone to consider in long-term leagues, or low upside top 9 guy?
mikey287
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by mikey287 »

Lower upside player...works hard, energy spark, has some skills, but I'm not sure the offense will exactly translate...he's a little too yippy maybe...though he did some work a couple years ago for the Slovaks at the WJCs if I recall and he did it nearly alone...
Kraftster
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Kraftster »

I'm running through lots of stuff today as the deadline nears. I'll just keep throwing it out there.

How about Pastrnak? Seems to me to be somewhere in between Jake Voracek and Michael Frolik? Impressive to be getting the permanent call up as an 18 year old for sure--on a team with injuries, yes, but one that is reputable enough that it makes it worth something.

He's one of the assets I could move--seems like the 18 y/o playing in the top six buzz might be worth taking advantage of since his production is going to come only from points most likely?
mikey287
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by mikey287 »

Didn't really love him in his draft year...seeing him in the NHL though and what he can do at 18 has made me a believer...Claude Julien is playing an 18 year old as much as he is per night...that says something...that means he's surpassed guys like Spooner, Koko and the like who have put in the time in Providence and all...so, it says a lot even with injuries...

And yeah, he's not going to be a bulldozer or anything, if that's what your last question means...if Boston fails to make the playoffs, Claude Julien is immediately on the hot seat if he's not fired in the offseason...so who knows, maybe an offensive coach comes in and then Pastrnak really takes off...but that's a long way to go...
Fire0nice228
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Fire0nice228 »

Keeper league that counts almost all major stats . I got a guy asking me for Shea Weber

I would give up Weber

I sit 4th in pts, first time in 4 years that I am pretty much locked into the playoffs

I proposed this deal

Shaw
Weber
Reimer

for

Bozak (I need Faceoff Win help)
Doughty
Lack

I feel that Weber for Doughty is a pretty close deal and he originally sent me a crazy big deal asking for Weber and Tyler Johnson and Doughty was included in that deal so I'm trying to pry him out. He sends me a proposal that "anyone is available except for Benn, Giroux, Tavares, Perry or Subban" which is basically all of his best players except Doughty and/or Eberle. We only keep 6 players so he basically said any of his keepers except Doughty are off limits which doesnt leave me much as Weber is obviously a keeper for me in the defensive category (Keep 2 D)

Trying to upgrade my faceoffs and goaltending as I am stuck with Reimer and Bernier due to me years ago drafting Bryz and Nick Backstrom with thoughts that they would be my long term Keeper goalies which backfired horribly. I have those two, Bishop (my only keeper G now) and Halak.
Kraftster
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Kraftster »

Weber and Doughty are not close in fantasy if you ask me. I'd look to upgrade faceoffs elsewhere. If someone asked me for Weber and said "but my best players are of limits" that's be pretty near a nonstarter for me.
mikey287
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by mikey287 »

I would try to upgrade my faceoffs in another way too...I like Doughty a lot, I think it's about the best d-man in the NHL or thereabouts...but for fantasy, you don't get points for defense...Lack > Reimer and I just simply wouldn't acquire Bozak...
Kraftster
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Kraftster »

Prefer ROS: Bishop v. Halak?

Prefer next 3 years: Bishop v. Halak?
Kraftster
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Kraftster »

Is there much hope for Justin Schultz being much of a fantasy asset at this point?

I made the mistake of calling Kuznetsov up from my farm before this season in one of my leagues. I cannot send him back down to my farm, but he can be placed on another team's farm if traded. I've been offered Justin Schultz for Kuz with some minor draft pick considerations favoring me. Schultz is the same situation--can be placed on farm in trade but is languishing on this guy's pro roster. The real benefit here is replacing Kuz with someone productive on my pro team, but I don't want Schultz if he's a zero, which I kind of feel like he is.
mikey287
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by mikey287 »

Kuznetsov >> Schultz

He stagnated his own growth by being in the NHL* too soon...

* - well, Edmonton
Idoit40fans
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by Idoit40fans »

Lol
Kraftster
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Kraftster »

Made a big deal to acquire Andrei Markov. Can someone tell me he has two years left in him before he falls off? That would make me sleep better.
mikey287
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by mikey287 »

The decline has been obvious over the past 18 months or so. But, he's PK Subban's partner...so lots of good stuff can happen with him...
Kraftster
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Kraftster »

Really? Yikes. You wouldn't know it production wise. He was the prize rental available in one of my leagues (d points 1.15:1 vs. fowards and blocks are very valuable which is good for an MT top pairing D).

Well, he's the 10th best D in the league this year, so hopefully he can play a couple more at this current level.
mikey287
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by mikey287 »

It's the skating that's starting to go. Subban can cut a rug, so maybe it won't matter that he joins the play last and works on the power play (without looking, I think he's a noted PP producer over the past five years or so)...but he's starting to slow down and dinged up a lot...
Mr. Colby
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by Mr. Colby »

I've never seen Defenseman points counted as more than 1 - interesting concept. Not sure i'm a fan though - I prefer adding things like blocked shots to deepen the defensive field.

Speaking of fantasy sports though, Kraftster...
Troy Loney
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Troy Loney »

What is going on with Lunqvist? How much longer is Talbot going to be the guy in NY?
mikey287
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by mikey287 »

He's done everything except take high shots. He's right on the cusp. Maybe by this week he'll be back at full practices and ready to go by the weekend...but that might be pushing it. The tough thing is, Talbot is playing well enough to not rush him...
Troy Loney
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Troy Loney »

I'm guessing they just want to make sure he gets some time before the playoffs right?
mikey287
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by mikey287 »

I mean, I think they want him back as soon as safety allows. They are in a dog fight atop the conference...game 7 at the Bell Center is on my to do list, not theirs I'd think...but yeah, they don't want go in with a cold goalie certainly, it seems like conditioning-wise he's right where he needs to be, it's just a matter of getting a couple full practices in probably and then he'll be good to go. They play Wednesday at home, and then back to back on the weekend...he might be able to grab one of the weekend games at the earliest...
mikey287
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by mikey287 »

Not this weekend. Next week, 3/24, is the target date.
Idoit40fans
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by Idoit40fans »

Oh regular season is over, nice. Looks like the 1st overall pick is mine.
Kraftster
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Kraftster »

Troy Loney wrote:I'm guessing they just want to make sure he gets some time before the playoffs right?
mikey287 wrote:Not this weekend. Next week, 3/24, is the target date.

i.e., just in time for you to not get the benefit of Talbot against me in the fantasy playoffs. :pop:
Troy Loney
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Troy Loney »

Kraftster wrote:
Troy Loney wrote:I'm guessing they just want to make sure he gets some time before the playoffs right?
mikey287 wrote:Not this weekend. Next week, 3/24, is the target date.

i.e., just in time for you to not get the benefit of Talbot against me in the fantasy playoffs. :pop:

Just in time for you to employ a rusty Lundivist against me.
Sam's Drunk Dog
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Sam's Drunk Dog »

A rusty lundqvist is all the rage in Sweden, or so I've heard...